Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is no comparison in what he is showing this year compared to past camps. There is a swagger about him that has NEVER been visible before, and he making all the plays. And FINALLY using his size and body to his advantage.
If Bradford and Quick play out of their minds, passing on Watkins in the draft is going to look genius. Coach was not kidding when he said the group we have is fine. I'm really excited for this year. I say that every year, but we feel locked and loaded for bear this time, with very good talent, both coaching and players.

Whilst I'd rather a player look great in training camp than look crappy I've seen too many off season champions look awful when the games count, and if I'm going to worry about that with anyone it would be Quick. So I'll wait until his second TD against Minnesota to celebrate.

TShram03

UDFA
Let's play a Brian Quick game. You have to give me two numbers. Be as thorough as you want with explanations.

1st number = Madden 15 rating upon release of the game

2nd number = Madden 15 rating after Week 17 of NFL season

----------

1) 69 OVR (will be dragged down by low awareness/catch/route running ratings especially)

2) 84 OVR (all of those numbers will improve as will strength/stiff arm/jumping/catch in traffic ratings)

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I agree with CoachO. Quick stood out when I saw practice on Sunday. The guy is huge, fast and catches anything thrown near him. And he definitely has a swagger to him. Feisty, getting into shoving matches - him and Britt giving it to db's when they burn them. He just looks a lot different than last year. It's almost like he woke up one day and said, "I can do this shit - let's get it on!" I saw him on draft night at Buffalo Wild Wings and I couldn't believe how big he was. I asked him if this was his breakout year, and he said, "Oh, you're gonna see it this year.... I'm gonna do whatever it takes." He has the size, skill and talent to dominate if he can just put it all together on Sundays.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Now if Quick can get off to a good start in the regular season and sustain his own confidence and Bradford and the coaches confidence in him we may have something.
Next up Lets go Pead, or is that asking too much.

nighttrain

Legend
There is no comparison in what he is showing this year compared to past camps. There is a swagger about him that has NEVER been visible before, and he making all the plays. And FINALLY using his size and body to his advantage.
Ram fans have to be ecstatic about what Quick is doing, Britt also.
thanks for the good reports Coach
train

bluecoconuts

Legend
Britt being a leader on corps is frightening me.

Not to me, plenty of times "troubled" players have become veteran leaders and great players with a change of scenery. I think Britt has done great things for the team thus far. I wasn't crazy about the signing when it happened, but I wasn't against it. So far though I'm loving what I'm reading.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I loved the Britt signing. 1st round talent, size, speed ... hopefully he's grown up. Some people realize when their chances are up and thrive. Others don't... hope he is one that does.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Britt being a leader on corps is frightening me.

For me, it's great. I think of a guy like Chris Carter. He was a fuck up. He burned his bridge where he was. Found a team that believed in him, took a chance and made himself into an all time great player and leader. Now I'm not saying Britt will be an all-time great. But in the interviews I've seen, Britt seems like he has realized that this is it and he seems completely loyal to Fisher. He hasn't taken a snap and I've seen him say on multiple occasions that he hopes to stay here for a long time. I'm excited to have two big guys outside, could resemble the Bears. Except they don't have T. Austin

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The only thing with Britt that makes me hesitate is that I was listening to someone on the radio (I can't recall who it is exactly) that said Titan fans could tell Rams fans all about how impressive Britt is in TC. I hope what we are seeing is more than that. It sure looks like it should be able to crossover but...

Main difference, he's on a prove it contract. And from the looks of things, he likes $$$$. He was on the news out here attending an awards thingy, music or film. And they said it was Kenny Britt, I was like oh, the new Ram...He likes that kind atmosphere, so I believe he's not gonna mess this up. Plus, Fish knows his Titans....He can control them. Bet he could get Haynesworth to act right....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
For me, it's great. I think of a guy like Chris Carter. He was a freak up. He burned his bridge where he was. Found a team that believed in him, took a chance and made himself into an all time great player and leader. Now I'm not saying Britt will be an all-time great. But in the interviews I've seen, Britt seems like he has realized that this is it and he seems completely loyal to Fisher. He hasn't taken a snap and I've seen him say on multiple occasions that he hopes to stay here for a long time. I'm excited to have two big guys outside, could resemble the Bears. Except they don't have T. Austin

exactly, 2 big 1st round wr's....immediate upgrades....

Irish

Starter
For me, it's great. I think of a guy like Chris Carter. He was a freak up. He burned his bridge where he was. Found a team that believed in him, took a chance and made himself into an all time great player and leader. Now I'm not saying Britt will be an all-time great. But in the interviews I've seen, Britt seems like he has realized that this is it and he seems completely loyal to Fisher. He hasn't taken a snap and I've seen him say on multiple occasions that he hopes to stay here for a long time. I'm excited to have two big guys outside, could resemble the Bears. Except they don't have T. Austin

I'll take Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery everyday and twice on Sundays over Britt and Quick.

Quick has been impressive (in camp, just like he was last year), but let's see how he does against the Patrick Petersons and Richard Shermans of the world before we anoint him the second coming of Tory Holt. We have been burned by Quick more so than any other player on this team from a "fools gold" perspective. I have really high expectations for him this year, and think this could be his "Vincent Jackson" season that Snead LOVED to tout when Quick was drafted, but he has to put it all together for 16 games, and to this point he hasn't proven to be capable of that.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm still not all the way on the Kenny Britt bandwagon, but if all it turns out he pushes Brian Quick to be a good player then he was worth it.

Brian Quick, it's all just training camp hype, but at the same time it's better than nothing. He's gotten 3 years now with the same offense. I hope he can finally become the player he can be with that physique.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Let's play a Brian Quick game. You have to give me two numbers. Be as thorough as you want with explanations.

1st number = Madden 15 rating upon release of the game

2nd number = Madden 15 rating after Week 17 of NFL season

----------

1) 69 OVR (will be dragged down by low awareness/catch/route running ratings especially)

2) 84 OVR (all of those numbers will improve as will strength/stiff arm/jumping/catch in traffic ratings)

Not trying to be a smarta$$ here, but are we now using Madden ratings to evaluate REAL talent?

RustyRay

Rookie
I'll take Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery everyday and twice on Sundays over Britt and Quick.

Quick has been impressive (in camp, just like he was last year), but let's see how he does against the Patrick Petersons and Richard Shermans of the world before we anoint him the second coming of Tory Holt. We have been burned by Quick more so than any other player on this team from a "fools gold" perspective. I have really high expectations for him this year, and think this could be his "Vincent Jackson" season that Snead LOVED to tout when Quick was drafted, but he has to put it all together for 16 games, and to this point he hasn't proven to be capable of that.

The biggest thing for me is that yes Quick has flashed before and then disappeared. This season it has been a constant every practice that he is showing up and playing well. The notes are coming from every direction as well, it isnt one or two of the twitter feeds its all of them...Then in the camp reports like the ones by CoachO mention him as well. He isnt flashing and then not showing up for a practice or two. He is starting to believe in himself and playing like it.

Things to remember about him though from last season, he played a ton of snaps just like Bailey the last parts of the season. He didnt get many targets and the Rams passing game was very very basic...but Quick was playing and playing pretty well. The all 22 film shows him open allot more then he was getting the ball, he was also a devastating run blocker and he hustles to block for teammates when they catch passes.

I never think of Quick in terms of fooling us...the Rams were clear about him when he was drafted...They expected him to take time to develop...and he has...its the fans that put the expectations that he be great right out of the gate or in his second year, the team didn't. I truly believe in the player and have since he was drafted...He has all the physical gifts and he has the work ethic which has been documented by the team and writers. Now the coaches are showing that trust in him, Schotty called him the most improved player...and now the QB is targeting him a ton in practice and he is paying it off.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher

I think that's why a lot of us are saying, "Let's just see it on Sundays".

lockdnram21

Legend

I disagree. Never before has he played this well in camp. Also last year he was still buried on depth chart and never has coaches came out and said he was most improved on offense. So i would say there's a difference now that he's gettin mostly all first team reps. But i understand. Where your coming from

RamsFan14

Starter

I don't think anyone is saying they'd take Britt and Quick over Marshall and Jeffery, that'd be a bit crazy imo at this point to do that. But I do agree with what other people have said, this has been the most consistent Quick has performed in camp in his 3 year stint. Whether that translates to the field or not, idk... But this is progress none the less, it does give me/some fans some hope considering how much Quick has struggled in the past. If he keeps it up and we play good team football, the wins will take care of themselves.