Quick a Bust?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I don't think I ever called him a bust, but I did say this was the year he had to step up or he was going to approach that territory. And as of right now, he's stepped up immensely and is playing Top 10 WR football.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He's looking pretty darn good. Let's get him some TD's now.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let's hope the rest of the league is still using last year's video...

YEAH! F that Quick slacker!

Hey....psst. They're color-blind... right?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
See how quickly we forgive and forget? My gosh, fellas.

Forgive and forget? I think the lesson here is "See how quickly people judge players before they've had an adequate chance to prove themselves".

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Think more general, not so much personal. But yeah...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Forgive and forget? I think the lesson here is "See how quickly people judge players before they've had an adequate chance to prove themselves".

Yeah, I like that.

But to be honest, I don't think he's really getting an adequate chance right now. I just think he's playing that well.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Hell no to being a bust, he's my starting flex on my fantasy team! :banana:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Let's not be too quick to judge even now. I was very critical of Quick in the past but he has managed to step up big. It's only two games though and plenty of players have short spans of greatness. I need to see more.

…..

Legend
I don't think the jury is in and I don't think the jury is out. Yes he looks good and for once he looks like he is supposed to be out there and wants to bge there and is not intimidated by the lights,

It was OUR expectations that are verifiable. We expected more. No one here knows what the staffs expectation were when he was drafted. I'm sure they wanted more, obviously, and I am sure Les Snead drooled over being considered a genius because that is human nature.

But in todays coachspeak....I'm sure all is well no matter what happens lol

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's a tough position to grasp for rookies.
There are far more Brian Quicks then there are AJ Greens.
Guys like Shannon Sharpe and Chris Carter were almost out of the league before their HOF careers took off. (Yes, I know Sharpe was a TE)

RamzFanz

Damnit
Quick is developing just a Snisher indicated he would. Year 3 for a small school WR is about right.

I'm starting him over M. Floyd this week and I'm pretty sure I'm right.

I was worried about Quick but now I'm very worried about Givens.

A55VA6

Legend
Quick already has more catches in 2 games in 2014 than he did his entire rookie season. He only needs 4 catches and 129 yards the rest of this year to surpass his season total last year.

He's really starting to excel and there's no way anyone can label him a bust in just his 3rd year, when we all knew he would be a 'project' with high potential. I think he's right on track.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Most people weren't saying "bust". They were saying - so far he hasn't produced - and we can only buy the "project" thing if he starts to improve soon. This year was probably his last chance as far as the fans went for that 3 year draft to analysis period. Thankfully he's justifying the pick and the patience that the team has shown in him. I think he could be a stud if he keeps improving.

reggae

Most people weren't saying "bust". They were saying - so far he hasn't produced - and we can only buy the "project" thing if he starts to improve soon. This year was probably his last chance as far as the fans went for that 3 year draft to analysis period. Thankfully he's justifying the pick and the patience that the team has shown in him. I think he could be a stud if he keeps improving.
Nope, they were saying bust. And some still are. How much criticism did he get for not bringing in that 50 harder last week? That's not a 50% catch for anyone in the league. But the folks who are bound and determined their gut instinct was right will blame him for it. And did. Conversely these same people argued all year last season that Givens was our best receiver. Even when presented stills of Givens giving up on balls.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Quick is developing just a Snisher indicated he would. Year 3 for a small school WR is about right.

I'm starting him over M. Floyd this week and I'm pretty sure I'm right.

I was worried about Quick but now I'm very worried about Givens.

Why the hell has Givens fallen off the map? Last year I attributed to a sophmore slump, but this year he should be back in his role of taking the top off the defense. Is he just pissed about being down the depth chart? Or is it QB play?