Question: Which Ram vet will most benefit from this new coaching staff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The more I pondered this question, the more names kept popping up, tbh.

On O...

Jared Goff. An obvious choice. Maybe THE choice.

Todd Gurley. Surely a top candidate,

Robert Woods. The Buffalo O was smothering him, imo. Might thrive in this McVay O environment. I sure think he will.

Tyler Higbee. Another guy that stands to benefit tremendously from McVay's TE oriented O since Kendricks is no longer around. Could jump from obscurity to a star this year.

Nelson Spruce. How to top UDFA with one preseason game appearance to possible starting contributor?

On D...

Connor Barwin. This could resurrect his career under Wade once again. How's that for dramatic benefit?

Robert Quinn. New DC, new position. New health? Could be an explosive year for Quinn. If healthy, look out!

Kayvon Webster. Finally an opportunity to start. That's some serious benefit, huh?

Nickell Robey-Coleman. Same as Webster. Finally an opportunity to start.

Lamarcus Joyner. Some have said that this might allow him to become a Pro Bowler as a FS.

Sooooo...

Clearly, all of the above stand to benefit under the new coaches and new schemes. Try to avoid selecting just the player that will most impact the team, such as a Goff, for example. Try instead to select the PLAYER and his on field play that should most benefit from the new coaches.

Who do you think it will be?

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I'm leaning toward the younger O-Linemen who've been drafted in the last 4 seasons -- Havenstein, J. Brown, Wichmann, and Donnal. Flashback to Tom Mack's comments from this year's OTA's -- these guys are getting proper coaching on technique; something that seemed to be overlooked by the previous regime.

I'm optimistic that we'll see an improvement over last year, where they couldn't protect the QB or open holes for the running game.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I think our young team will benefit much from this coaching staff overall.

The Oline is probably where I start. That'll benefit both Gurley and Goff - as will scheme.

I'm excited to see Quinn in the Ware role, I still wish we could have talked Ware into coming in for a 1 year deal (I'd be excited if I heard he came to camp just to help teach)

Joyner is going to thrive in his new role at FS.

One name you didn't mention that I think stands a chance to have production under the new staff. . . Tavon Austin

Can Johnny Hekker improve!?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to go with Joyner. Sure Goff will improve, many players would have improved under Fisher too. But Joyner will be playing a new position. A position that many of us have thought would be ideal for him. I may not be right, but I always thought of Joyner as an Earl Thomas type player. Stay tuned...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Goff , and Gurrley have to be Up there, But I think on Offense SPRUUUCE will profit the most!
And on Defense, while I think the scheme will help Quinn and Donald, I think the Player that will profit most is Barron! JMHO!

EDit: Oh! I forgot! Hekker might profit the MOST!! He won't be using his Leg anywhere near as much, so his career will go on for another 15-20 years!

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think Tavon is the best answer for this question. He has been healthy and the last regime really tried to utilize him. This season he will out perform his contract. All the other offensive pieces will benefit, but Tavon has the monkey on his back. "He's a gadget player, he's over paid" He will benefit the most.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Dominique Easley will benefit the most from the new coaching since he will be moved around going between DT and DE.

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
I agree on Tavon, I think he was stymied by the middle school offense more than Gurley was and should show why he was worth the big bucks.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
Difficult question but I think it'll be Gurley. Others will improve as stated by many, but he fell so far last year that if he gets to his 2015 level of productivity that it'll be night and day.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Todd Gurley...and Higbee....what's his first name again? Tyler?....and of course the QB....

Benefit....or exposed...the offensive system is somewhat proven.

Ram65

Legend
Defense.

I elect Robert Quinn. Quinn's past asset was bending around the edge to get the QB. He also uses the tomahawk chop to create fumbles. His only problem is a bad back. In the new 3-4 defense Quinn can rush and use both his edge bending and his quickness to create havoc in the offenses back field. He also can use his speed move around and attack from different angles. Quinn has the option to rush from a standing position or with his hand in the dirt. It all could help take a little pressure off his back. Quinn gets back to his glory days with the new coaches.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcLccrTlITM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROeqRbEpBVc

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

easily tavon. that guy has been thirsting for an oc that can use a unique player like himself more creatively.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Tavon Austin for me as well.

Ps. I have a hard time calling a second year player a vet. That shit needs to be changed. No way Goff should be considered vet status.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Donald. Yes, he can still get better.
Wade Phillips has already said that he wants AD to have a one-on-one situation, wherever he is on the Dline. This sounds like a career year for the G.O.A.T.!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It's between 2 for me - Tavon, probably nudges ahead, he's going to have plays designed for him, and I really can't wait.

AND a close second is Saffold. He's got 2 vets either side of him, taking the "only vet" pressure off him - I think he's going to have the best season he's ever had in horns this year

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's between 2 for me - Tavon, probably nudges ahead, he's going to have plays designed for him, and I really can't wait.

AND a close second is Saffold. He's got 2 vets either side of him, taking the "only vet" pressure off him - I think he's going to have the best season he's ever had in horns this year
I hope your right Shaunpinney! But Sadly I always worry about Saffold's staying Healthy, I don't think he can make it through 16 games+!