Question for Knowlegble ATV users

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I looking for help from bunch of great Knowledgeable members!

I am fixing to purchase a new ATV to be used down here in the HOT deep south on my property. It needs to be a hard working sure footed DEPENDABLE vehicle ready for HD utility work & tow. I was originally looking @ UTV's of all types but the size of the cabs on these units will not fit a very tall big man. Most 4x4's have no left foot room in the floorboard. They all have a metal bars on the left outside of the drivers seat to keep riders inside??? The steering wheel just about hits me in my chest. The seating is super cramped & hard to enter so I have trashed that ideal.

My physical size makes the ATV's the best way to go. I have spoken to many ATV maintenance professionals & found that most all ATV's have some very common problem & issues mostly with the electrical side of things. I have no need to travel fast but I need torque. Thus far my top prospects that fits my property needs are:

Honda FourTrax Foreman 4x4 (basic simple solid & well known maker but has less power)
Polaris Sprotsman XP 1000 LE (high end powerful big unit with all the bells & whistles that I really do not need)
Suzuki King Quad 750 AXI (known for being dependable in general use)

I really do not need the automatic trans or many of the luxury features but they all seem to come with all these extras that end up breaking & spending time in maintenance. Thus meaning they cause much of the issues. I prefer an super UN-ornate HD workmate that might be a bit rough & ugly is fine. Towing is a priority.

Any information on these units would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much for your valuable time.
BonifayRam

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I wish I could help you but I was shopping for a golf cart for the neighborhood when I ran across the HJS Big Horn 200 UTV. It is cheaper than a golf cart these days and more versatile. When trying to find reviews for it I ran across this video of it's big brother, the Linahi 400 UTV. It looks like the doors would easily come off of this thing and maybe give you the flexibility you may need. Just an idea for you.

View: https://youtu.be/Xr8K074i45I

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I wish I could help you but I was shopping for a golf cart for the neighborhood when I ran across the HJS Big Horn 200 UTV. It is cheaper than a golf cart these days and more versatile. When trying to find reviews for it I ran across this video of it's big brother, the Linahi 400 UTV. It looks like the doors would easily come off of this thing and maybe give you the flexibility you may need. Just an idea for you.

View: https://youtu.be/Xr8K074i45I

I'm pretty sure this thing is made by Yamaha.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We have a pair of Kawasaki 360's. Not the fastest or most powerful, but I am an adult rider and don't need more than this 4x4 bike.

Not one of your models, but just giving a shout out to Kawasaki. These things are indestructible.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I like the Honda. They have a base model without the electric steering and shifting. That eliminates potential problems.
I've had a couple of them over the years when I had a farm and they held up well considering how I abused them.

You said South which means 100% humidity so that's the same over time to electronics as taking it for a swim in he pond fora few minutes. The Kawasaki is a good choice too. Never been a Suzuki fan. But that's just me.

Fun fact! In the South, Florida, gulf coast including the Texas coast electrical components fail at a 72% higher rate than in NV. AZ. and NM. and 42% higher rate than the rest of the continental in industrial equipment.
And that trend would extend to vehicles logically also.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I like the Honda. They have a base model without the electric steering and shifting. That eliminates potential problems.
I've had a couple of them over the years when I had a farm and they held up well considering how I abused them.

You said South which means 100% humidity so that's the same over time to electronics as taking it for a swim in he pond fora few minutes. The Kawasaki is a good choice too. Never been a Suzuki fan. But that's just me.

Fun fact! In the South, Florida, gulf coast including the Texas coast electrical components fail at a 72% higher rate than in NV. AZ. and NM. and 42% higher rate than the rest of the continental in industrial equipment.
And that trend would extend to vehicles logically also.
And don't forget paint jobs on hood and trunk catch hell too from that pesky sun. On the flip side, no body rust or undercarriage problems due to corrosion unless you keep it at the beach. Of course, the love bugs pit the front end fairing on most things.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
biggest_tractor_06.jpg

Now this is an ATV. If that guy on the right can fit in it, I imagine you'll squeeze in fine.