Quarterbacks on the move

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This figures to be an interesting offseason at QB.

Of the players highlighted in yellow... these teams are mostly unsettled heading into 2018.

Of the players highlighted in green... these are teams with aging QB’s.

Should make for an interesting FA and trade market, plus draft.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Obviously you left off the injured Quarterbacks in Wentz, Watson and our very own Brandon Allen for example.....The Bills will part ways with Taylor I could see Mason Rudolph in Buffalo just makes sense as to the rest, Keenum has to stay in Minnesota you would have to think, if not, he'll be making some coin elsewhere...Overall round and round she goes and where she stops, nobody knows!

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't think the Cards have any QB under contract for 2018 at this point. With Palmer retiring I'm sure that's why Tomato Head retired as well.
Not much in the FA market realistically.
I think Keenum will leave Minnesota. Zimmer is a dickhead. The kind of jock musclehead dummy that usually ends up as a PE teacher.
The kind of guy who gives a freshman a C in PE because he forgot his gym shorts one day.
As recently as last week he said if Minnesota gets behind by two scores he would go to Bradford because he is the better thrower, which is certainly true. He seeming inability to give credit to anyone but himself and his staff leads me to believe he will keep either Bridgewater or Bradford and let Keenum walk.
Or maybe he is not a guy who gives out complements for a guy doing his job.
Either way teams will come calling for Keenum I think. Not a long term deal but a shorter deal in the $12-15M dollar range is in order for him. But, Keenum needs to be careful where he goes as well.
As for other FA QBs set to hit the market....not a ton out there.
As an aside Sportrac puts Keenums FA value at $21.1M per year. I don't think he will get that but will see a massive raise from his current $2M salary.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Going to be a completely different league in 3-5 years if not sooner. Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, Rivers, Flacco, and Brees will all be retired (Hell even Matt Ryan who is 32 and Aaron Rodgers at 33).. You're looking at the teams currently settled at QB with youth will be the set playoff teams and whoever builds around them best over the course of this time will be who's in the Super Bowl. Exciting to be on the right side of that equation finally.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Blake Bortles should be highlighted in yellow too...

Jax is beyond ready to move on from him. He is truly HATED there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since Shurmer is headed to NY, I guess we can rule out Sleeves going with him, unless the Gints can trade him.
Denver is a curious spot, wonder who they end up with

Also, not sure why Houston is marked as unsettled, DeShaun Watson will be back at it and looks like a real stud in the making.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Obviously you left off the injured Quarterbacks in Wentz, Watson and our very own Brandon Allen for example.....The Bills will part ways with Taylor I could see Mason Rudolph in Buffalo just makes sense as to the rest, Keenum has to stay in Minnesota you would have to think, if not, he'll be making some coin elsewhere...Overall round and round she goes and where she stops, nobody knows!

Good point. I definitely forgot about Watson in Houston. They are probably set with him.

And yes... I didn't highlight Philadelphia, Green Bay, and Indy because the positions are set (despite injured starters)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good point. I definitely forgot about Watson in Houston. They are probably set with him.

And yes... I didn't highlight Philadelphia, Green Bay, and Indy because the positions are set (despite injured starters)
I think if McDaniels is choosing Indy over Tennessee, its a pretty good indication that Luck is healthy...
Dalton is a fringe yellow/green player as well

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't think the Cards have any QB under contract for 2018 at this point. With Palmer retiring I'm sure that's why Tomato Head retired as well.
Not much in the FA market realistically.
I think Keenum will leave Minnesota. ............
.............Either way teams will come calling for Keenum I think. Not a long term deal but a shorter deal in the $12-15M dollar range is in order for him. But, Keenum needs to be careful where he goes as well.
As for other FA QBs set to hit the market....not a ton out there.
As an aside Sportrac puts Keenums FA value at $21.1M per year. I don't think he will get that but will see a massive raise from his current $2M salary.

This 2018 draft might be known in NFL history as the draft where most all QB's were over-drafted & QB REACHES came off the draft boards fast & hard.

In this scenario the Rams are in a position to take advantage of this probable event:sneaky:. Snead can cease the moment to secure his team a very talented Defensive Player.... Corner, Edge Rusher & Nose Tackle for Wade. Maybe even another defensive star like Aaron Donald type hit:D. Am I too overly optimistic here?:cautious:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I expect the Patriots to spend a 2nd on a QB, the Bills to fuck up and let Taylor go (maybe to Arizona?), Tannehill is back in Miami, McCown is back for the Jets, who also spend their 1st-rounder on a QB.

Wouldn't be shocked if the Browns sign Cousins, leaving Washington royally fucked for a while. Again.

Roethlisberger claims he wants to play for 3 more years. I think Pittsburgh desperately needs to draft a guy in the first couple rounds, because Landry is AWFUL.

Shurmur in NYC will complicate things a bit; if he went to 'Zona, I'd expect him to sign Bradford or Keenum, but he's probably going to roll with Eli.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

So is Deshaun. He looked good but small sample size, and many of his TDs came from meaningless scores (especially from that Chiefs game)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I expect the Patriots to spend a 2nd on a QB, the Bills to freak up and let Taylor go (maybe to Arizona?), Tannehill is back in Miami, McCown is back for the Jets, who also spend their 1st-rounder on a QB.

Wouldn't be shocked if the Browns sign Cousins, leaving Washington royally freaked for a while. Again.

Roethlisberger claims he wants to play for 3 more years. I think Pittsburgh desperately needs to draft a guy in the first couple rounds, because Landry is AWFUL.

Shurmur in NYC will complicate things a bit; if he went to 'Zona, I'd expect him to sign Bradford or Keenum, but he's probably going to roll with Eli.
McCown had a nice year for the jets

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
McCown had a nice year for the jets
He did indeed. They need to draft his replacement, but they should have a year or 2 to groom him.
Petty needs to never work in the NFL again, unless he's a really good commentator, and the fact that Hackenberg has yet to actually appear in a regular-season game is both sad and hilarious.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
The Jets, probably, while Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen or whoever they draft at 6 gets his NFL legs under him

fearsomefour

Legend
This 2018 draft might be known in NFL history as the draft where most all QB's were over-drafted & QB REACHES came off the draft boards fast & hard.

In this scenario the Rams are in a position to take advantage of this probable event:sneaky:. Snead can cease the moment to secure his team a very talented Defensive Player.... Corner, Edge Rusher & Nose Tackle for Wade. Maybe even another defensive star like Aaron Donald type hit:D. Am I too overly optimistic here?:cautious:
CB or OLB for me please.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Blake Bortles should be highlighted in yellow too...

Jax is beyond ready to move on from him. He is truly HATED there.

If he gets hot for two more games they will sign him long term I bet.

Denver is a curious spot, wonder who they end up with

Elway IMO is going to go gunning for Cousins, I don't know what kind of cap space they have but that window out there is closing and the division is up for grabs with KC declining evidently.

Wouldn't be shocked if the Browns sign Cousins, leaving Washington royally freaked for a while. Again.

Hard to say who gets Cousins but as long as Snyder and WASH are fucked I'm happy!

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Tyrod is gone , for some reason bills seem to really like mason Rudolph.

I can'T see Alex Smith wanting to back up mahomes so he might be gone, maybe Smith to buffalo?

Cousins makes sense in Arizona because they have some good pieces and are not ready to start over with a rookie.

Browns will finally draft a qb early , probably the wrong one .

Case needs to stay in Minnesota, Bradford will go somewhere as a bridge qb.

I can see bortles staying or possibly jags reach for a vet like eli because they are ready to win now

MAN IT FEELS GOOD NOT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT QB DRAMA OUR TEAM !

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Smith will end up in Jacksonville. Mark my words. Bortles' inaccuracy and inconsistency are the only things standing between that team and absolute dominance in all facets of the game.