QBs in Focus: Against the Blitz & Against Pressure

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why isn't Bradford on those lists?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Screw all this numbers...

I'm just interested in a three way with Casey Phillips.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I agree.
He is an unknown as a long term answer however.

He might not HAVE to be the long term answer. He's got one year left on his deal anyway - and there is a ton of talent at QB coming out next year. Whether we'll be in a position to make a play for a guy though....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Sh!t, I know PFF, guys in England, yada-yada-yada....but I wasn't too high on base % + slugging for baseball either...and guess what? That stuff matters...I'm a lil concerned to say the least...PFF backs up what my eyeballs say....I saw this...Hell, I saw Peyton vs our blitz look like a high-schooler...Blake Bortles can't be this bad, can he?
Lil nervous...naw

IN SNISHER I TRUST

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Let's not forget that Austin Davis had some very good games early on. Tampa, Dallas and Philly. Most teams took a while to figure out that pressure was the way to go to rattle him.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's not forget that Austin Davis had some very good games early on. Tampa, Dallas and Philly. Most teams took a while to figure out that pressure was the way to go to rattle him.
I don't think there are any QBs that can handle extreme pressure consistently.

Like @LACHAMP46 said, Peyton looked silly against us... Brady lost that SB against the New York because of it.

Gate swings both ways...

Rams ought to be able to make opposing QBs very uncomfortable this year. But, if opponents see a crack in Foles armour (doesn't perform well under pressure), you can believe they'll exploit it. Our OLine has to gel quickly when it comes to protecting him if that turns out to be the case.

C'mon Boudreau... show us some of that magic!

RAGRam

Pro Bowler

Is it a coincidence that Davis got "found out" the day he lost his franchise LT?

fearsomefour

Legend
He might not HAVE to be the long term answer. He's got one year left on his deal anyway - and there is a ton of talent at QB coming out next year. Whether we'll be in a position to make a play for a guy though....
Yep.
It is a low risk deal because he is cheap and a FA after this year.

fearsomefour

Legend

That video is not impressive to me. He bails out on a lot of those plays....although, without seeing the receivers and knowing the play that is an assumption. The plays were he is faking a hand off are designed runs or roll outs for the most part, simple option plays. I see a bunch of plays where he feels pressure, sometimes more than is there, runs out of the pocket and finds short completions. Ok. Could certainly be worse.
I am not down on Foles, but, I think he is the guy we saw last year. An average guy. Now, if the D plays up to its potential and the Rams can cobble together an Oline and pound the ball they could win a lot of games with a consistent, healthy guy that doesn't have to be great. In that case the trade looks brilliant and I hope this is how it plays out. Foles has a good arm and can make plays with his legs and arms, but, a video trying to make him look like an Elway-ian playmaker is silly.

nighttrain

Legend
going to love watching Britt, Quick, Bailey and the rest with Foles throwing, love the way he can run out of trouble, awesome
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why isn't Bradford on those lists?
Because he didn't play.
But I think I recall him being very good against the blitz in 2012 or 2013.
I'd look it up, but sadly I don't care enough about him anymore.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Let's not forget WHY Foles had such a down year in 2014....

The OL that was among the best in the NFL in 2013 was a mess in 2014 and as Rams fans, we know all the words to every verse and chorus to the "Rhyme of the Offensive Line"

It's why we drafted so many OL this draft.

This is what we know about Nick Foles: With protection and weapons in a coherent system that features the run... This guy can be as devastating a weapon at the QB position as ANYONE in the league. Period. Bar NONE. 2013 wasn't a fluke.

So, we can either...focus on his 2014 where he didn't have all of that...or we can GET him what he had in 2013 where he was damn near unstoppable.

I'm all for Option B. Get him what he needs and let's ROFLSTOMP the NFL and fill our basket with Lombardis....
You talking about Foles or Mannion?;)