QB Switch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mike_2133

UDFA
Hi everyone,

Just curious: if you had the option to trade straight up Sam Bradford for one of these QBs, would you do it? For the sake of argument, assume that the QB we would receive would have the extra same contract as Bradford.

• Colin Kaepernick
  • Russell Wilson
  • Andrew Luck
  • Cam Newton
  • Matt Ryan
  • Andy Dalton
  • Matthew Stafford
  • RG3

moklerman

Warner-phile
Ryan, Newton and Luck would all be worth consideration. Not that I'd do it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Welcome to ROD, Mike. Colin Kaepernick, lol? There's no one on that list who would qualify unless it was RG3 minus the knee injuries.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm still not nearly as sold as many seem to be on Luck. Good, young QB to be sure but not head and shoulders above all others like some portray him.

Fair point, but he has done a lot with very little, in short time.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair point, but he has done a lot with very little, in short time.

A lot with very little is debatable IMO. Two factors in Luck's favor: 1. in his two years, his division has been probably the worst in the NFL (I know Houston was good in 2012, but other than that); and he had a solid #1 WR as a rookie.

I actually would not trade Bradford for anyone on that list, because IMO, Bradford can still end up being better than all of them.

Also, I was at the Indy game when we destroyed them this year....that game (as well as a few others) is enough for me to say Luck is just as inconsistent as Bradford is/was

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Hey Mike, welcome aboard.

I'd trade for Newton, Luck, or Ryan in a heartbeat.
As far as the contract goes, I personally have no problem paying for results.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Luck. That's it. No one else on that list comes close.

All the others are massively over-rated especially Kaepernick, Wilson and Newton. I really don't like Newton in particular.

Ryan would be no better for the Rams than Bradford has been (all things being equal).

And don't get me started on Dalton, Stafford and Griffin. Jeez.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
For this team I may take Luck but in reality, I think this team is ideal for Bradford's talents if they can finally give him a clean pocket for the better part of the games.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I don't get the love for Luck, when he played our defense without R Wayne he looked god awful. Would love to see our man Sammy with a talent like Wayne unfortunately he has never gotten that luxury.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We crushed Luck last year, and he totally sucked in the playoffs. I think certain teams have found his weakness and he has been exposed. Ryan, showed last season, that without elite weapons, that he is an average to below average guy. RGME, or Kaep..please, no thanks. Dalton and Stafford are average at best, and I see no upside. Cam has improved a lot over his career, and he still is growing as a QB, but a lot of people question his leadership when the going gets rough.

I'd go with Bradford, or Wilson if I had to choose. They are the smartest QB's, IMO, but both have different strengths.

Last edited:

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
None. I'm all in with Bradford.

But Newton is the best difference maker of the list and Luck the best passer. I can't wait for our defense to prove Wilson and Kaepernick the average quarterbacks they are.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I just re-read this it's an OPTION, I'd stand pat,if I was forced it'd be Luck