QB Ryan Griffin is Available... Will the Rams Bite?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
Hey thanks for responding CGI, rams are obviously not big on davis but he knows the system. But they liked griffen last year, so, would they go to the trouble of cutting a player they just signed who has a half season exp. to sign someone they like better with no exp.? Im not that big on gilbert, maybee the fo sees something i dont. I think they drafted him based on his pro day workout rather than his college stats and film,his stats are terrible, it took him until his senior year to complete over 60% of his passes.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't get all the debate about these QBs. The likelihood of any of them becoming a good starter is slim to none. People are acting like one of them could be our starter next year or the year after. If that's the case, I'll be sad.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't get all the debate about these QBs. The likelihood of any of them becoming a good starter is slim to none. People are acting like one of them could be our starter next year or the year after. If that's the case, I'll be sad.
One of them may need to start this year.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

So who do you think should be the starter that wouldn't be considered sad in your opinion?

Just curious cause I like Keenum, Gilbert, and the idea if Griffin coming in - and clearly Hill is our starter for '14. personally I'm not high in Davis at all, but would like to hear your thoughts in regards to what would satisfy you when it comes to who we sign at QB

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Surprise release from what I've heard from a few Saints fans at work who were very high on him. Is Chase Daniel the #2 to Brees still?

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
Hill, Keenum and Griffen, active roster. Except, Davis has to stay until Keenum knows the system, so, thats not going to happen with 4 active qbs.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Surprise release from what I've heard from a few Saints fans at work who were very high on him. Is Chase Daniel the #2 to Brees still?

No Chase Daniel is the backup to Alex Smith in Kansas City.

V3

Hall of Fame
So who do you think should be the starter that wouldn't be considered sad in your opinion?

Just curious cause I like Keenum, Gilbert, and the idea if Griffin coming in - and clearly Hill is our starter for '14. personally I'm not high in Davis at all, but would like to hear your thoughts in regards to what would satisfy you when it comes to who we sign at QB
I'm sad that Hill will be starting the whole season, let alone any of the other QB's being mentioned. I think Hill is a fine backup but if backups are forced to play more than a few games in a season, you're team is pretty much doomed. Yes, I know Warner was a backup but that was a fairytale season mostly for that very reason. I don't think any of these guys are Warner.

Bradford going down ruined the season for me. I'm sorry, I'm just being honest.

As for my thoughts on the QB's, I didn't like anything I saw from Gilbert, I was never impressed with Keenum last year on the Texans, and Griffin has been floating around for two seasons now. I don't think any of them have a starting future in the NFL so I really don't get why people are so worried about which ones we keep. It's like when people were all upset about losing Thad Lewis a few years ago. If you're going to force me to choose, I guess I'd take Davis because he's an unknown that showed at least a little in preseason and already knows the offense. If the Rams choose one of the other QB's, no biggie IMO.

Rams4life

I would tend to say Keenum is a better option for the rams if for no other reason than he has started some games during the regular season. Griffin has looked good, but has no game experience, only the preseason. But he could hold more long term potential.

Memphis Ram

Legend
If no one claims him, he'll probably just go onto the Saints practice squad for the Rams to take another run at him if they decide to do so at a later date.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think we are fine now with Hill, Davis, and Keenum. No need to keep looking for PS saviors. Next year we can look to draft or trade for someone.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I missed watching Hogan from Stanford this past weekend, but I heard he looked very nice. He's a guy who looks like he'd do very well in a Schotty offense.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
What is everyone's big hang up with they haven't started a game? No player in the NFL has started a game until they actually do. With that logic there would be no NFL because who could you play, they all have never started.

Coach Fish said in a presser the difference between a good player and a great player is snaps. I don't know any of these QB's, but if they have the brains and potential while being surrounded by quality players then they have a chance of becoming a good starter with enough snaps. I hope that the coach's know enough to evaluate talent as far as brains and ability. If they do then its a matter of giving the guy support and opportunity.

Look you can talk up college QB's like you know they are sure things. If drafted high enough its a guarantee they will get tons of chances based on contract. But at the end of the day your taking just as big or bigger chance on a first round QB based on pay as you are with a QB that's been in your system for a couple years that you can dump based on pay if they cant cut it.

I have no problem with Davis having no starts. He has been in the system for three seasons now. We now have good WR's, good RB's a great D to give him field position. He has just as much of a chance to do well as any rookie or someone with just a couple starts. If he has the system down its just a matter of time to get the speed down and the reads.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would cut Keenum and sign Griffin, but that won't happen. That's why that damn Asshole Face Ala Bill Belichick pulled this...He wanted him for his practice squad....Make the move Rams, IMO, far more upside than Keenum.

RamBill

Legend
Mike Triplett ‏@MikeTriplett

#Saints re-sign QB Ryan Griffin to practice squad, per source. Too bad he didn't get active spot. But still seems like great long-term fit.