QB Ryan Griffin is Available... Will the Rams Bite?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
The New Orleans Saints have placed QB Ryan Griffin on waivers Tuesday, according to Field Yates of ESPN.

Will the Rams put in a claim? If they do will they do, do they cut Austin Davis? Would he replace Gilbert on the practice squad if he clears waivers? Or will they just keep Hill, Kenum & Griffin on the 53 man roster with no QB on PS and open up a position for another position player (Sam? Cunningham ?)

Intersting potential options based on their evaluations of the players involved.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Still interested?

Or are we going w what we got now?

Sorry - saw another thread on this after posting - is there no way to delete one?

Last edited:

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
The New Orleans Saints have placed QB Ryan Griffin on waivers Tuesday, according to Field Yates of ESPN.

Will the Rams put in a claim? If they do will they do, do they cut Austin Davis? Would he replace Gilbert on the practice squad if he clears waivers? Or will they just keep Hill, Kenum & Griffin on the 53 man roster with no QB on PS and open up a position for another position player (Sam? Cunningham ?)

Intersting potential options based on their evaluations of the players involved.
Your link says he's a TE?!?!?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Interesting. Kid looked pretty damn poised against us.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Could be that knowing the offense is the only thing that saves Austin Davis. Of course there is always the practice squad.

RFIP

@nwagoner: Saints released QB Ryan Griffin, whom Rams had interest in last year.

MrMotes

Starter
Could be that knowing the offense is the only thing that saves Austin Davis. Of course there is always the practice squad.

Davis will be around as long as he's the only other person on the team who could go in if needed. I just don't think that's gonna be a whole lot longer...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Oh boy. I'd be tempted to sign him. I think we know Davis' upside.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for all the comments but I need you to make a choice,,,,, Davis, Gilbert or Griffin? or a combination of the 2,

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My ideal as of now would be Hill ,Kenum and Gilbert,

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'd say he's better than Keenum. The only reason we picked him up is his experience having played a game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd say he's better than Keenum. The only reason we picked him up is his experience having played a game.

I don't know if he's better than Keenum. That's debatable, at least for 2014.

But more upside than Davis? That's what I'm thinking.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I don't think people are giving Gilbert enough credit. How many QBs could have much success with the offensive line he had in front of him?

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
What do we lose in monies if we cut keenum now and replace him with griffen on the active roster? How did it benefit new orleans to wait until now to cut griffen?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What do we lose in monies if we cut keenum now and replace him with griffen on the active roster? How did it benefit new orleans to wait until now to cut griffen?

I don't think Griffen is > Keenum right now.

The suggestion otherwise feels incorrect to me. But... long term; maybe.