Pushing a ref?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
How was Jameis Winston not flagged or even ejected from the game against BC yesterday for pushing a ref out of the way? I'm not sure he will get away with that in the NFL. I'm not believing he got away with this one.

paceram

Pro Bowler
How was Jameis Winston not flagged or even ejected from the game against BC yesterday for pushing a ref out of the way? I'm not sure he will get away with that in the NFL. I'm not believing he got away with this one.

Can they come back and penalize Winston now and possibly suspend him for the next game or two? I am an FSU fan but I honestly can't believe some of the decisions Winston makes!

Athos

Legend
You even breathe on a ref in the NFL you get tossed, then fined.

It looked like the ref was trying to instruct Winston about something before snapping the ball/starting the clock.

Nope.......'get out mah way bitch, I gotta play me ball.'

Can they come back and penalize Winston now and possibly suspend him for the next game or two? I am an FSU fan but I honestly can't believe some of the decisions Winston makes!

They could, but I think it's an ACC decision and they aren't going to do anything to affect the chance of them having a team in the playoffs.

Memphis Ram

Legend
f8e35470-729c-11e4-9f77-2fa0efdd29ac_WinstonOfficial2.gif

096196e0-729d-11e4-90b7-13090a8375e7_WinstonOfficial1.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Saw that. Explanation i heard was that the zebra was waiting for defensive substitutions before letting FSU get into formation. I'm not as knowledgeable on College football rules that deal with that type of clock stuff so idk what to think.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets be honest, we all wish we could do what Winston did and more to Carl Douchers after today.

Jimbo Fisher claimed that Winston wasn't aware FSU subbed in a HB so he was trying to go hurry up thinking they hadn't substituted. Don't know if I fully believe that one.

Lets be honest, we all wish we could do what Winston did and more to Carl Douchers after today.

Jimbo Fisher claimed that Winston wasn't aware FSU subbed in a HB so he was trying to go hurry up thinking they hadn't substituted. Don't know if I fully believe that one.

I don't care what he thought, you don't lay a finger on an official no matter how pissed off you are, or at least 99.9% of people don't but then again 99.9% of people have a semblance of class about them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't think he'd get away with that in the NFL but honestly, I think it is a lot to do about nothing. I haven't exactly been a huge Winston fan but the ref was kind of in no man's land too and if he thought it warranted would have thrown a flag.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Tempest in a teacup.
Yeah - I don't want to be misunderstood. Jameis' attitude and behavior is what concerns me about him. It concerns me to the point of not wanting us to pick him. His abilities are there. It seems with him it is almost a 50/50 shot at whether he is a great NFL QB or a total disaster. Pretty hard for me to want him on our team.

I just don't think this particular play was a big deal. But I have to admit that when you combine it with his other transgressions, it doesn't help.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Yeah - I don't want to be misunderstood. Jameis' attitude and behavior is what concerns me about him. It concerns me to the point of not wanting us to pick him. His abilities are there. It seems with him it is almost a 50/50 shot at whether he is a great NFL QB or a total disaster. Pretty hard for me to want him on our team.

I just don't think this particular play was a big deal. But I have to admit that when you combine it with his other transgressions, it doesn't help.

I don't know that want him either, but I will add this:

Nobody has ever questioned his dedication to football. As far as I can tell the guy practices and prepares like a pro already. On the football field the guy is a winner.

Most of his problems seem to stem from a lack of maturity. If he we're a criminal, like Aaron Hernandez and not shoplifting crab legs, I'd be more concerned. People grow out of being a jackass all the time (I know I did, for the most part anyway)

If Winston ends up a Ram I'll support him and hope for the best, just like every other pick.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Clearly, there is no bigger fan of Winston than of course, Winston.

This guy should be on his best behavior. What concerns me, is that he may be.