Punt Just Before The Half?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

was anybody else wondering why fisher punted at the end of the 1st half against the cards? the ball was on the 50 yard line which translates into a 67 or 68 yard fg. shouldn't he have at least given gregz the chance to try and kick it? i know there's a risk of a return but i would have loved to see him give it a shot.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't recall if there was any time left on the clock. Watching a 68 yard punt would have been great though.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think it was the right call to punt. Field goals have a much higher chance of being returned for a score and GZ could stand to rebuild his confidence after last week by sticking to kicks in standard range. If GZ missed then the Cards would be in position to make a final strike of their own before the half. By punting, you can expect Hekker to pin them within their 20 which virtually sends you to the second half with no unnecessary risk and possession coming.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
If there would have been less time, I think he would have but a missed FG gives the other team the ball @ the spot. And it was roughly a 1st down away from their FG range. And that would have been too big of momentum switch. But say there was under 10 seconds.... Oh yeah, I can see him trotting out GZ........

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think it was the right call to punt. Field goals have a much higher chance of being returned for a score and GZ could stand to rebuild his confidence after last week by sticking to kicks in standard range. If GZ missed then the Cards would be in position to make a final strike of their own before the half. By punting, you can expect Hekker to pin them within their 20 which virtually sends you to the second half with no unnecessary risk and possession coming.
That's my thought. I remember his rookie year when he attempted that 60+ yarder in Miami. Seemed like the rest of his season was pretty well shot after that one.