Props To Tim Barnes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

I admit I wasnt very high on the guy, and at least for today he has proven me wrong.

If you watch the Gurley highlight clips again, Tim Barnes threw some great blocks that allowed Gurley to get to the second level.

Please except my apology Tim.

Also the blitz pickup by Benny Cunningham on the 12 yd TD to austin. Cunningham did a excellent job anticipating where the open hole was going to be on the all out blitz.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I saw that. I was trying to figure out which guard # 61 was. Then I looked up the number and went......Oh....yeah. But they guy was hitting some great kick out blocks. Yes, our line still has a ways to go. But Barnes is proving he belongs.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On TG's long run Tim Barnes threw 2 key blocks. very good game by him yesterday. Id have to imagine knowing what caliber of running back is behind them is energizing out Oline

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Barnes really battled back he struggled in the first half as Calais Campbell was stuffing everything and giving Barnes fits, but Tim came back strong in the 2nd half to lead the way for our young offensive line and I was very pleased the way Barnes grew in this game and I'm sure it brought a smile to the face of @CoachO !

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Tim Barnes Fighting back after major defeats early yesterday shows mental toughness :love:& serious tenacity !:yess::) Just what you want in your center.

Its been a long long time since I have been this happy with a Ram center. Since a healthy Andy McCollum 2007.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Barnes was good in the second half. Watching the first long run by Gurley Barnes and Brown double teamed Campbell and destroyed him (Brown drove him into the ground) Barnes broke off and got in the way of a DB to really bust that play open. Beautiful play. Robinson, while still not a smooth blocker, has been getting better with his pass blocking. Haven't really thought about the blind side rush that much the last two weeks.
I was muttering about Cunninghams sort of bad playing yesterday....then he made that great blitz pickup allowing Foles time to get the ball to Austin. Each RB can contribute in his own way. A three headed monster. I think we all saw yesterday why the hype was so high with Gurley.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the first half there were a couple plays that got blown up from the interior line. But Barnes and everybody stepped it up in the 2nd half. It was hard to notice live but did they do away with the zbs mix in? They looked great most all of the 2nd half.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I saw him going after someone after a play that they were getting rough on...I like that

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw him going after someone after a play that they were getting rough on...I like that
Yeah there was one play a Card was being a little dirty on a Rams player and Barnes went in to put a stop to it.

FrankenRam

Starter
.....as Calais Campbell was stuffing everything...

Completely off topic, but I didn't realize before just how big a dude Campbell is. There was one brief camera shot along the AZ sideline with CC standing right in front of the camera. And Peterson is standing right in front of CC. And CC just TOWERED over PP.

While I'm sure a bit of that was related to the camera lens, it was still amazing to see the diff.

Psycho_X

Legend
I have to eat crow on Barnes because I had him as one of my sure fire camp cuts going into this year. I was unimpressed by him last year when he started and thought he was way too small and weak to be effective in the run game or pass pro against powerful DTs. But that dude has put in some serious weight room time in the offseason because he does not look like the same guy nor does he play like him. He is very noticeably bigger this season and showed yesterday how well he can move people.

So mad respect to Barnes, he put the time and sweat in during his time off and he has earned his spot as a starter on this team. I can't think of an o-lineman that has noticeably changed so much over only one offseason.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Barnes has totally earned that starting spot, and I'd personally re-sign him after this year. I'll eat some serious crow on that one because I thought that Barnes would be cut as well. Good on the Mizzou kid to prove me wrong.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Barnes really battled back he struggled in the first half as Calais Campbell was stuffing everything and giving Barnes fits, but Tim came back strong in the 2nd half to lead the way for our young offensive line and I was very pleased the way Barnes grew in this game and I'm sure it brought a smile to the face of @CoachO !

Yeah man CC was a one man wreckin crew in the first half. Adjustments all the way around with this offense have been impressive and Barnes was a big part of that. They were hit and miss of course but it is understandable given that when you face a great defense like that you're gonna be beat on plays.

It sure is exciting to see a young line coming of age and seemingly improving week to week. I'll take the occasional learning curve mistakes that come with them over the old and tired lines we have been subjected to. What a difference already and sure feels good to be 2-2 even if we do have a huge challenge coming up next.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The entire line deserves props for the second half. Barnes has some fire in him though. Plays to the whistle. He was pissed in the 1st half when he missed that block.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I have to eat crow on Barnes because I had him as one of my sure fire camp cuts going into this year. I was unimpressed by him last year when he started and thought he was way too small and weak to be effective in the run game or pass pro against powerful DTs. But that dude has put in some serious weight room time in the offseason because he does not look like the same guy nor does he play like him. He is very noticeably bigger this season and showed yesterday how well he can move people.

So mad respect to Barnes, he put the time and sweat in during his time off and he has earned his spot as a starter on this team. I can't think of an o-lineman that has noticeably changed so much over only one offseason.
Your point is well taken. But to split hairs just a little. He came to camp LAST YEAR with his new bulked up and stronger body. His "audition" was at the end of the 2013 season when he started the four games at the end of the season filling in for Wells.

The fact that Barnes was injured a lot last year himself makes this year even more gratifying.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Completely off topic, but I didn't realize before just how big a dude Campbell is. There was one brief camera shot along the AZ sideline with CC standing right in front of the camera. And Peterson is standing right in front of CC. And CC just TOWERED over PP.

While I'm sure a bit of that was related to the camera lens, it was still amazing to see the diff.

It would be like Frankenstein standing next to the werewolf!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I guess I'll have a helping of that crow, too.

I totally underestimated Barnes.

Happy to say that he has proven me wrong.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Our young guys are just starting to push people around. i can't wait until the second half of the season when they are fully up to speed and are knocking people on their asses!

Big Game

Living The Dream

What caught my attention was how much bigger Todd Gurley was over the Honey Badger when they was talking trash to each other. Todd was letting him know "he too little" :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
What caught my attention was how much bigger Todd Gurley was over the Honey Badger when they was talking trash to each other. Todd was letting him know "he too little" :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
I thought that too, he just looked so big on the field