Props to Schotty!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFan14

Starter
I have to admit, I've been pretty impressed throughout the season with his playcalling and style of football. I think the 2-4 record seems a bit deceiving on his behalf, because I think the defense has let us down big time this year. Throw in the fact Schotty has worked with what was a 3rd string QB (pretty dang good might I add...) that makes it a bit more impressive. Not saying that Schotty's lighting the world on fire, he's by no means been AMAZING, but I think he's been pretty good for most of the season. Maybe trying to get Tavon Austin involved in the offense has been a lil bit of a struggle still, but I think it's clear that he's trying. My biggest criticism is the lack of running game with Zac Stacy, idk what's going on with him... But Mason's winning me over (DON'T FUMBLE!!!)!

Overall, I just wanted to say for the most part, I've liked his playcalling this year. This year, it's much more aggressive and I feel like it's paying off (I know this has to do with personal developing like Brian Quick, but it's still nice to see Schotty be aggressive). I think the defense has let the team down this year (oddly enough), and I just wanted to show my appreciation for the job Schotty has done this year.

Enjoy the victory week folks! I know I will! :)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Agree for the most part. I think it's clear they didn't want Davis to have to do too much. The playcalling got a little soft late in the game. They were killing the clock a little early. But hey, it's the ST's job to get critical FD's against our rivals. ;)

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Im a defense guy. Its been fun watching the Offense this year, especially with the lack of excitement on the Defensive side of the ball. Schotty and Davis seem to be having a lot of fun. You see a lot of sideline shots of Schotty being excited this year.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The execution has been good on offense when they needed it. As for the defense, they might be getting tired, maybe a little more conditioning would help in the second half..they don't seem to be as alert.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I have to admit I was ready to give up on Schotty but his play calling has been better.And the fact that a virtual unknown is running that offense that he's calling is pretty impressive.

V3

Hall of Fame
Not a Schotty fan but he's had some good moments . I won't say "games" because it seems like in every game they either don't adjust to the defense or they get extremely conservative. (The defense does this too) Overall though, I think he's been better than in the past.

Philly5

Rookie
Schotty has done a nice job with our third string QB. We got TDs on short fields. We scored a big TD late. We picked up a huge first down at the end. OL seemed better today than they have all year. The biggest thing of all might be that we stayed away from killer penalties.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Not a Schotty fan but he's had some good moments . I won't say "games" because it seems like in every game they either don't adjust to the defense or they get extremely conservative. (The defense does this too) Overall though, I think he's been better than in the past.

I totally agree with this. I think Shotty has good moments and sometimes first halves of games. At times he still tends to call some questionable plays. But for the most part the offense has looked good and been able to put up points this year.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Schotty has done a nice job with our third string QB. We got TDs on short fields. We scored a big TD late. We picked up a huge first down at the end. OL seemed better today than they have all year. The biggest thing of all might be that we stayed away from killer penalties.

Yes only 2 penalties all game and the OL didn't give up a sack now that's huge.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yes only 2 penalties all game and the OL didn't give up a sack now that's huge.
Well ya gotta give Davis some credit for moving around in the pocket cuz he was HAD a few times and squirmed his way out ,the shovel pass was a thing of beauty.

RamsFan14

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is by far the most aggressive we've seen Schotty call plays, I'm totally digging it! It helps that Quick is playing good football, Cook does make good plays (those drops tho...), and everyone in general seems to be at least solid at the playmaking position. I look forward to seeing what he's got in store in the coming weeks, this isn't the same offense he's been running the past 2 years. Very nice to see, he just needs to find a way to be consistent!

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Players have to get used to new systems conversely cooridinators have to get used to new personal. Looks like our offense is growing together. When they get the Tavon Austin thing figured out BAM

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
With the exception of week 1 (when the entire team was unprepared for NFL football) I've been impressed with the scripted playcalling and overall gameplan offensively.

Shotty has taken this team out of the cellar. Rams are now ranked:
#13 in yds/gm
#23rd in pts/gm(which is up from the usual bottom feeder rankings).
#18 in yds/play
#9 in 3rd down conversion 44%

If we could only get the D to return to form...