Pro Wrestling Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, there will always be Authority stink, but again it wasn't blatant against the odds, 7 on 1, no hold barred, lumberjack match or something stupid like that. Solid 1 on 1 matches.
The Daniel Bryan match was essentially 3 on 1, but I do get your point.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Looking forward to the Rumble tonight!! It was always my favorite ppv as a kid. Hoping Ziggler or Ambrose wins but I extremely doubt it. Bryan and Riegns seem like the favorites to win which I'll be ok with. Maybe they shock us and have Orten win it. I figure he will at least be involved with triple threat match. Think Sting shows up again tonight?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Looking forward to the Rumble tonight!! It was always my favorite ppv as a kid. Hoping Ziggler or Ambrose wins but I extremely doubt it. Bryan and Riegns seem like the favorites to win which I'll be ok with. Maybe they shock us and have Orten win it. I figure he will at least be involved with triple threat match. Think Sting shows up again tonight?
2nd to Wrestlemania here, but the Rumble itself is my favorite match, especially since they've resisted the temptation to do it more than once a year.

I'm thinking Bryan wins it... it's pretty clearly the way the fans want to go. And while I like Reigns, I won't like WWE continuing to stick with their rumored plan, and a Reigns/Lesnar match will be pretty anticlimactic.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Royal Rumble Results

Cesaro & Tyson Kidd (w/ Natalya, Adam Rose & The Rosebuds) defeat Kofi Kingston and Big E (w/ Xavier Woods)

The Ascension defeat The New Age Outlaws

The Usos defeat Miz & Mizdow and retain the WWE Tag Team Titles

The Bella Twins defeat Paige & Nattie's Husband's Wife

Brock Lesnar defeats John Cena and Seth Rollins (Lesnar pins Rollin) - Match of the Night

Roman Reigns wins the Royal Rumble - Bubba Ray Dudley re-debuted in WWE at #3, The Boogeyman was #7, Daniel Bryan was #10 and eliminated just before #16, causing the crowd to start crapping all over the match for the rest of the night, Diamond Dallas Page was #14. Final three* were Kane, Big Show and Reigns. As the two Authority guys double team Reigns, The Rock comes out and helps Reigns. Crowd was booing louder than last year.

*Rusev was actually technically the runner up, having been knocked out of the ring, then trying to ambush Reigns, but Reigns tossed him out.

Also as historical sidenote, Kane has broken Shawn Michaels' all time elimination count of 40, finishing (I believe) with 42.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Championship match was amazing!! Those 3 put on a freaking show. Rollins from the top rope putting Lesner through the table was the spot of the night. Glad they let him look strong. I might have went nuts when Dudley came out and it was cool DDP came out. That was a rough crowd after Bryan was eliminated jeez. I know Roman is getting pushed to fast but damn don't think he deserved that, people loved him not to long ago. Always great seeing the Rock whooping some candy ass. You guys catch the fact that Orton was on the poster but obviously never showed?

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Haha I got to see the Rumble for free!!

And yeesh. What a Rumble that was. BORING. Authority stink, as @Boffo97 puts it.

And the way it ended was so lackluster, so anti-climatic.

Glad I didn't pay for that.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Haha I got to see the Rumble for free!!

And yeesh. What a Rumble that was. BORING. Authority stink, as @Boffo97 puts it.

And the way it ended was so lackluster, so anti-climatic.

Glad I didn't pay for that.
Yeah, I'm not sure they did themselves any favors by showing that... then again, you also got the Triple Threat for free. And that was phenomenal. Easily Brock's best match since he's come back, if not best match ever.

If they go ahead with the current booking, Brock's the face at Wrestlemania.

I don't think it's anything against Reigns... it's dislike of the booking. Kind of like (at least IMO), Cena is a phenomenal wrestler... but people get tired of the booking, especially since they apparently refuse to ever turn him heel because of the merchandise and Make a Wish kids.

Angry Ram

Yeah that triple threat was fun.

I think the issue with Roman Reigns is that fans can tell which guys are considered part of the "chosen" and are being forced to cheer for a guy. When instead guys like Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, and Daniel Bryan are just naturally liked. It's very hard to root for a guy you are told to root for. Could you imagine Rodger Goodell saying, "I want you to root for THIS team and not this one because they don't fit our mold?"

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'm hoping Ambrose, Ziggler, and Bryan get a decent story build and matches at Mania at least. But after that sloppy rumble match I won't get my hopes up to high.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I'm hoping Ambrose, Ziggler, and Bryan get a decent story build and matches at Mania at least. But after that sloppy rumble match I won't get my hopes up to high.
It'll be interesting seeing who they find as a Mania opponent for Bryan now, since he's still in conflict with the Authority, Bryan vs. Kane is LONG since done, Bryan vs. Show and Bryan vs. Trip have both been done.

Bryan vs. Rollins is a possibility, but I think they recently did that one on RAW anyway.

Let alone finding matches for Ziggler and Ambrose.

I actually wouldn't mind making the Wrestlemania main event a Fatal Four Way... Brock vs. Reigns vs. Rollins vs. Ambrose.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
It'll be interesting seeing who they find as a Mania opponent for Bryan now, since he's still in conflict with the Authority, Bryan vs. Kane is LONG since done, Bryan vs. Show and Bryan vs. Trip have both been done.

Bryan vs. Rollins is a possibility, but I think they recently did that one on RAW anyway.

Let alone finding matches for Ziggler and Ambrose.

I actually wouldn't mind making the Wrestlemania main event a Fatal Four Way... Brock vs. Reigns vs. Rollins vs. Ambrose.

Looks like we may get Bryan vs Ziggler at Mania!! Please let it happen. I think they would tear down the house. Maybe we get Ambrose vs Rollins again since their cage match didn't have a clean finish but I'm sure Rollins will be against Randy.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Just signed up for a free month of the Network...right how do I cancel?
Go to WWE.com, click on your name, then on Billing Information. It should be right there.
Looks like we may get Bryan vs Ziggler at Mania!! Please let it happen. I think they would tear down the house. Maybe we get Ambrose vs Rollins again since their cage match didn't have a clean finish but I'm sure Rollins will be against Randy.
If that is the way they go, I hope they don't heel turn either. Just let them go at it and the crowd picks their favorites.

According to rumor, they were planning to heel turn Sheamus and do Sheamus vs. Daniel again. Which, no offense to Sheamus because they've had awesome matches, would kind of suck.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Go to WWE.com, click on your name, then on Billing Information. It should be right there.

If that is the way they go, I hope they don't heel turn either. Just let them go at it and the crowd picks their favorites.

According to rumor, they were planning to heel turn Sheamus and do Sheamus vs. Daniel again. Which, no offense to Sheamus because they've had awesome matches, would kind of suck.

Yeah I hope they keep as face vs face. I like Sheamus but that match wouldn't do Bryan justice right now.

Angry Ram

Raw last night had a 30 minute opening promo that had a commercial in between. That is ridiculous. Best part of the show was the Russian flag getting stuck during Alexander Rusev's promo.

And Stephanie McMahon looked hot. That's all I got out of the show.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Raw last night had a 30 minute opening promo that had a commercial in between. That is ridiculous. Best part of the show was the Russian flag getting stuck during Alexander Rusev's promo.

And Stephanie McMahon looked hot. That's all I got out of the show.
I wondered if they did the commercial just because Seth's mic wasn't working. And Rusev's flag not working was awesome, and he played it just perfectly.

Did you happen to catch the podcast after the show? They need to make those podcast broadcasts a regular thing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Money in the Bank had always been one of my favorites, after Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Royal Rumble. But they've really taken all the fun out of it IMO. And man, the RR sucked.
Seth Rollins is a fantastic wrestler, that triple threat match was amazing, and it was carried by him. Cena and Lesnar are pretty much both stiffs and Rollins really brought the best out of them
All in all, I'd have to say that in my lifetime of being a huge WWF/WWE fan, my interest level is at its absolute lowest. All the story lines are tired, and the lack of a championship match at every PPV is really boring. Heck, we've seen title changes at Ra and Smackdown even. Now its only going to happen at Wrestlemania? Ugh...

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Money in the Bank had always been one of my favorites, after Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Royal Rumble. But they've really taken all the fun out of it IMO. And man, the RR sucked.
Seth Rollins is a fantastic wrestler, that triple threat match was amazing, and it was carried by him. Cena and Lesnar are pretty much both stiffs and Rollins really brought the best out of them
All in all, I'd have to say that in my lifetime of being a huge WWF/WWE fan, my interest level is at its absolute lowest. All the story lines are tired, and the lack of a championship match at every PPV is really boring. Heck, we've seen title changes at Ra and Smackdown even. Now its only going to happen at Wrestlemania? Ugh...
I have to think that once this Lesnar thing is done, we are going to start seeing the champion every week again.

I think a big part of the negative reaction to Reigns at the Rumble is that we were hearing last year that Reigns was the plan, and we weren't happy with the plan, and the Reigns win seemed to confirm they didn't care what we thought.

One factor that's kind of funny to me... Daniel Bryan was stripped of the title since he wouldn't be able to defend it in a timely fashion (the old school rule was one defense every 30 days, and if you didn't see it on TV, maybe it happened at a house show), and Lesnar has defended that same title all of TWICE since winning it at Summerslam.