Pro Wrestling Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And Sable, although we're not supposed to ever use her name...... Shhhh
I personally thought Sable was quite a bit overrated myself, and never all that great a wrestler.

She outshined Marc Mero, sure, but that's not all that hard. ;)

Personal note: I once attended a house show where the scheduled main event was Steve Austin vs. Marc Mero. Well, card subject to change and all that, we got Steve Austin vs. The Rock instead. I don't think a single person in that arena had a problem with the change.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
IMO, the one thing WWE is missing (besides the fact that we're all tired of this basic plotline) is that Austin won vs. McMahon just as often as McMahon had a win, if not more. With the Authority, the odds are getting SO stacked against the good guys that any victories they win are transitory at best (and Daniel Bryan needing to be stripped of the title REALLY did not help in that regard, particularly with the logic hole it created later of the 30 day rule not applying to Brock). If it gets much worse, the Authority could disqualify faces from matches for being too sweaty, or for having the letter E in their name. You make the situation TOO hopeless for our heroes and we stop caring. And if one or more of the three "fired" turns heel on Cena over it, you just made them look like idiots. In Dolph's case, you just shortcircuited his career (then again, Cesaro was ready to GO as a face after Wrestlemania, and they screwed that up.)

I agree that people need more promo time to give us a reason to care about them (and maybe even bring back managers into widespread use if they can't cut their own promos). Ryback's promo last week was excellent, even though he's not known as a promo guy. In retrospect, it was only to set up how heartbreaking it is now that he's fired.

Ambrose and Wyatt has been an excellent feud, though I hope it's over now since one of those two is going to get seriously hurt if they keep going at it. If I were the writers, I'd make them into a tweener tag team/mini-faction. Have them go maul both the Authority and the faces alike.

Exactly. And I don't care if a guy isn't as good as say Rock on the mic, let them speak. It makes this scripted sport believable.

Speaking of Cesaro, I think I mentioned this before, but removing his first name Antonio and Langston from Big E was a mistake. They sound ridiculous. But to reiterate your point, yeah Antonio Cesaro got shafted. A great 2 month long fued with say, Rusev (and again, calling him Alexander Rusev makes him sound more badass) or Wade Barrett would've been amazing. Especially since they are all Europeans they were going for the Intercontinental Championship.

But no, we got a fucking Bella Twin fued that lasted like 3 weeks and seemingly swept under the rug, along with Adam Rose vs. a guy in a damn bunny costume.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Might actually bring myself to watch smack down this week apparently Daniel Bryan will have a match that night.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Random trivia... Savage had 6 combined reigns as either WWF or WCW Champion. All 6 of his reigns, he was beaten for the title by either Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair.

Also it stands to note that by all reports, Savage and Hogan settled their long outside the ring feud shortly before Savage's passing.
=====
http://www.wwe.com/classics/wwe-hall-of-fame/macho-man-randy-savage-expected-wwe-hall-of-fame

WWE expected to announce “Macho Man” Randy Savage as first inductee into 2015 WWE Hall of Fame tonight on Raw

20150112_LIGHT_MachoMan_HP.jpg

It’s not official yet, but it is expected that “Macho Man” Randy Savage will be announced tonight on Raw as the first inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame’s Class of 2015, WWE.com has learned.

A live report on WWE Network by Scott Stanford confirmed that inducting "Macho Man" into the Hall would be none other than the other half of The Mega Powers, Hulk Hogan.

One of the most colorful characters and most popular Superstars in WWE history, fans worldwide have been clamoring for Savage’s induction since the hallowed Hall opened its doors. Even WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin broached the topic in his must-see live podcast on WWE Network with Mr. McMahon just weeks ago. The WWE Chairman said that Savage would “definitely” take his place in the Hall of Fame, though he did not indicate when.

A former two-time WWE Champion, Intercontinental Champion and WCW Champion, the late “Macho Man” also took part in what is considered one of the greatest matches in sports-entertainment history when he battled Ricky “The Dragon" Steamboat at WrestleMania III.

The 2015 WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony takes place on Saturday March 28, the night before WrestleMania 31, at San Jose's SAP Center. Tickets for the event go on sale this Saturday at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT.

Will “Macho Man” Randy Savage take his rightful place in history and be enshrined in the WWE Hall of Fame? Tune into Monday Night Raw, live tonight at 8 p.m. ET on USA Network, to find out — plus, be sure to watch WWE Network throughout the day for updates on this major announcement!

Boffo97

Name
Dave
It's going to be 13 years this May when the WWF changed their name to the WWE.

Therefore, if you became a fan of the promotion any time after 1989, you've actually been a WWE fan for longer than you've been a WWF fan.

I date back to about 87 myself, but it won't be too long until I'm in that category too.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I was born in 87 but old school wwf (and wcw) was a huge part of my childhood. Ultimate Warrior and Sting were my favorites.

Angry Ram

As much of a cynic I am of the current WWE product, last night's Raw was really fun. This was the most they used Brock on one Raw since he came back. Him F5ing the Big Show was a cool moment that reminded me of 10 years ago.

Also, the homage to the tag team legends was great. Outlaws, APA, nWo, DX. Wow, what an ensemble. And The Ascension comes out and gives the most corny line ever: "We were born and bred, to rip and shred." The whole crowd was like "WTF was that?!" In which case after their asses handed to them. LOL.

And of course, that ending with Sting. Again tho, I'm a cynic, and I think its worrisome that WWE can't figure out how to make current guys that popular and instead give that spot to a 50 year old man that was the king of the rival company (wCw). It was though, again, a lot of fun to see him on Raw.

Still too much Authority for my liking; I thought WWE was going to mix it up at the begining with Brock talking instead of Paul Heyman or Authority, which they ended up doing anyway. Kane getting involved in Daniel Bryan's match, the ridiculous 3 on 1 (in reality a 7 on one) match, and long winded promos. I miss the days when wrestlers would come out and talk about the Rumble match or have nice long matches to even qualify.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I liked a lot of it too... they need to work on the amount of filler though:

What I liked:
- Opening promo
- Bryan vs. Wyatt II
- Sandow-Pac
- The Legends Panel
- The ending - Had to figure they needed the Team Cena 3 back for the Rumble, and the angle of blaming Cena for them gone wasn't really working. And seeing Sting was cool... by my, it seems the Authority are easily dist- ooh, shiny!

What was okay:
- Ambrose vs. Barrett

What I didn't like:
- Kidd & Cesaro vs The New Day... this feud seems to be really going nowhere and at least New Day and Cesaro are really wasted in these roles. Why did the New Day form if they're still in the same spot?
- The Ascension beatdown. It was a good comeuppance spot, but really buried the team. Especially since only the Outlaws and JBL seemed to have clearance to actually hit them.
- Paige/Natalya vs. Summer Rae/Alicia Fox. Enough Total Divas inspired matches. Also, what happened to Summer's friendship with Layla?
- Rusev vs. R-Truth MMLXVIII - Haven't we established that Rusev can beat R-Truth by now?
- Miz vs. Jey Uso - Didn't this feud run its course yet? I think we're just killing time until Sandow ultimately turns on Miz. Royal Rumble maybe?

Boffo97

Name
Dave

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
That was a pretty dang good Raw! Sting walking in like a boss. Can't wait until we start to see more of what they have planned for him. Brock getting more involved was awesome. Bryan and Wyatt always put on a great match. Wish Ambrose and Barret were givin more time/freedom to have a better match, was good could have been better. Seeing all the old guys is always fun in small doses. Can't beleive they were letting xpac do the suck it thing. New day needs to go away they are not working. Rumble should be good!

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Brock getting more involved was awesome.
The Champion being there at all is a good thing. And Tweener Brock works better than Heel Brock anyway. You could have created some real intrigue if it led to a situation where folks like Cena and Ziggler and The Authority are talking temporary peace to get the title back from the outsider...

New day needs to go away they are not working
I don't know if they need to go away, but I strongly agree that what they're doing now isn't working. They were stuck in midcard hell, so they banded together to... remain stuck in midcard hell?

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I don't know if they need to go away, but I strongly agree that what they're doing now isn't working. They were stuck in midcard hell, so they banded together to... remain stuck in midcard hell?

It's so painful watching them do their chant and only one person in the crowd doing it back.

Angry Ram

Did WWE read my post? Last night on Smackdown! they actually had Royal Rumble qualifying matches! And they were talking about the importance of the Rumble match! Granted, it only happened the last show before the event, but better late than never. No Authority, either? Wow. What a change.

Loved the ending, too. Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Dolph Ziggler,Daniel Bryan, Ryback all in the ring together? That is the future, right now. What a fun show.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Did WWE read my post? Last night on Smackdown! they actually had Royal Rumble qualifying matches! And they were talking about the importance of the Rumble match! Granted, it only happened the last show before the event, but better late than never. No Authority, either? Wow. What a change.

Loved the ending, too. Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Dolph Ziggler,Daniel Bryan, Ryback all in the ring together? That is the future, right now. What a fun show.

I've only watched smackdown once in the year that I've been been back watching wwe. Sounds like I should go back and watch this one.

Boffo97

Name
Dave

The Authority themselves, like Cena, is rarely on SmackDown. You usually get Kane or Seth Rollins speaking for them, like we saw last night.

And while I also like qualifying matches, it was just more of the same Authority abusing their power nonsense. I wonder what the plans for Rowan are.

Angry Ram

The Authority themselves, like Cena, is rarely on SmackDown. You usually get Kane or Seth Rollins speaking for them, like we saw last night.

And while I also like qualifying matches, it was just more of the same Authority abusing their power nonsense. I wonder what the plans for Rowan are.

I didn't think so. Except for the Daniel Brian/Kane no DQ (which we already knew) they were all one on one matches. I know Alexander Rusev just did the Eric Cartman, but the match itself was fun.

The other matches had decisive wins with no interference from Kane or Big Show. I enjoyed it, rarely do I get to say that these days.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I didn't think so. Except for the Daniel Brian/Kane no DQ (which we already knew) they were all one on one matches. I know Alexander Rusev just did the Eric Cartman, but the match itself was fun.

The other matches had decisive wins with no interference from Kane or Big Show. I enjoyed it, rarely do I get to say that these days.
They were one on one, but the only reason Ziggler, Rowan and Ryback were in them is because the Authority was mad at them... and they were not qualifiers for Barrett (what's with having the IC Champs job so much?), Harper and Rusev, who are all in anyway.

I do wonder if they're turning Rowan back to heel... of course, we never got an explanation of why he was a face.

Don't get me wrong... I enjoyed SmackDown too. Just saying there was Authority-stink on it.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Possible DVR Alert: The Pro Bowl is in direct time conflict with the Royal Rumble. So you'll have to make arrangements to record one (not an issue if you have the WWE Network... for only $9.99!) and watch it later.

Me, I'm DVRing the Pro Bowl. The Rumble is my 2nd favorite "PPV" of the year, and I'll likely be live-tweeting it with my live-tweet dedicated Twitter @Boffo97LT.

Angry Ram

They were one on one, but the only reason Ziggler, Rowan and Ryback were in them is because the Authority was mad at them... and they were not qualifiers for Barrett (what's with having the IC Champs job so much?), Harper and Rusev, who are all in anyway.

I do wonder if they're turning Rowan back to heel... of course, we never got an explanation of why he was a face.

Don't get me wrong... I enjoyed SmackDown too. Just saying there was Authority-stink on it.

Yeah, there will always be Authority stink, but again it wasn't blatant against the odds, 7 on 1, no hold barred, lumberjack match or something stupid like that. Solid 1 on 1 matches.

As for the Rumble, I know it's planned. I know there's already a pre-determined winner, most likely Roman Reigns or Daniel Bryan. But I'm rooting for Dean Ambrose.

Oh man, I just thought of something. What if, Triple H makes himself a surprise entrant, and wins the thing? Man he would be one hated man.