PressureD41 mock draft 2.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I am going to do this without any trades, though I think its safe to say w/ Snead & Fisher they will target a few players in this draft and go get them... Also I think this draft will be more balanced they "we" expected...So without further b.s. here it is... Rip away (I enjoy good banter :barefoot: )

1.10 RB Todd Gurley Best playmaker available and Cooper & White were off the board. Best RB since AP will need him since QB situation isn't settled yet. Would make our Offense dam good!!!

2.41 QB Garrett Grayson Picked him over all other QBs that should be available at this pick, because I think his game will translate better at next level. Played under Steve Fairchild in NFL O. Simply red shirt him and get him ready for 2016 if Foles doesn't workout or doesn't resign etc.

3.72 OG Tre Jackson A true road grader, plug and play. Love everything about his game. Opening holes for Gurley and Mason. I openly wonder if RT is valued in new Offense. Sorta think Barks resigns to be straight w/ you all.

4.119 RT Corey Robinson 6'6 5/8 324lbs SEC talent Should be able to get into line up during the second half of season.

6.215 CB Darryl Roberts Marshall

7.227 OC Andy Gallik boston college

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a long time to wait on the OL. I like both Grayson and Gurley so I won't complain about them. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of Jackson or Robinson.

I also think Gallik is long gone by the 7th round.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I worry that your drafted Oliners may be more like backups for a few years. The Rams need some immediate help on the Oline. Sure they can sign Barksdale and Blalock but that is banking on something that they cannot completely control. I'd like to see a starting caliber Guard and ORT out of this draft.

Galik would be good in round 7. I am not a big fan of his but in round 7 heck yeah.

Gurley could take the offense to a new level but I would not like him at 10. I am very leary of taking injured guys before round 4 and a runningback in the top 15 is a waste of a high pick. I am not a fan of Grayson or any QB in this draft actually. So using a second on one is not my cup of tea. If the Rams can trade back and get an extra second or third and use that on a QB then alright. But with the few picks they have I think they really need to get two Olinemen in top 4 rounds, preferably top 3 rounds.

Ltrautman

MIZ
Gurley wouldn't be able to do anything without an offensive line in front of him. I also don't think Grayson is worth our second round pick. RB at 10 seems like quite a luxury pick and I don't think we can do that this year. Only pick from this draft I really like is Gallik in 7th but its doubtful that he is available that late

Athos

Legend
Just too long a wait for a quality lineman. And bad ones at that.

And I still don't think Gurley goes even top 15 right now.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Huge Gurley fan but the knee still scares me, especially at 10.
Don't like the Grayson pick, he is just not a second round talent. IMO he is getting overrated because this QB is just soooo bad.
Jackson is a nice pick in the 3rd. I think he can come in and compete for the LG slot. Like this pick a lot.
Don't hate the Robinson pick but I think there is better talent available here. Shaq Mason GT to name 1
Gallik is probably gone in the 4th but like the pick..

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the record I'm not a fan of taking a QB in top 2 rds, but I get a sense that it has a strong chance of doing so... I can agree w/ not getting OL earlier in the draft. Agree taking Gurley was a lux pick, but w/ no good QBs I figured he would best help our O

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's a long time to wait on the OL. I like both Grayson and Gurley so I won't complain about them. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of Jackson or Robinson.

I also think Gallik is long gone by the 7th round.

Surprised your not a fan of Tre Jackson OG Fla St too me he's a plug and play road grader... Mainly doing this mock was being selfish w/ lux pick in Gurley but i can see how it would hamper OL picks in this no trade mock..

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've posted this before and I'm not sure I do a good job explaining it...

Even as good a Gurley could be, he takes our RB situation from a B to an A. Not nearly as big of an impact taking a lineman and elevating that unit from a D to a C or B.

I get drafting for value. I support that 90%... But not when a unit is already fairly strong.