Poll; Tru Johnson or Janoris Jenkins!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who's Better / who do you prefer in Horns!

• JJ is better and I prefer him over Tru

Votes: 44 61.1%
  • Tru is better and prefer him over JJ

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • JJ is better but I prefer Tru

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Tru is Better But I prefer JJ

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other Opinion; (Please explain)

Votes: 13 18.1%

• Total voters

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was noticing Janoris Jenkins Made #54 in the Top 100 Player this year, and it got me thinking, I believe Tru Johnson is every bit as good, when Healthy, as JJ!
Which brings me to my Poll, who is better and/or who would you rather have on the Rams!?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll make my choice, and explain Later! I don't want to Bias the Poll!:D

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JJ is good, but he took too many chances and sometimes got burned for a TD (or two) when he did. Tru is more steady of a performer, imo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Other option was my choice. Tru is on the team JJ isn't so I'm rooting for Tru. JJ is an after thought and imo it's pointless to want him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hands down JJ is a better game day corner with the better on field talent.

Trumaine Johnson did not have a good season last year. His play down the stretch was just about average for an NFL starting corner. Trumaine was not the best playing Ram DB on the field the last 4 games of the 2016 season. IMO he was outplayed by Mo Alexander & Blake Countess. Not what you want to see when this Ram Org, will have utilized a near 31 million of cap funds to retain for the 2016/2017 seasons.

From a distance I believe that Tru is far better team player than JJ. In addition I think that Tru is much better locker room guy & a better person overall. I expect Tru to fit in well with this new Wade D & play much better this season. However I do not see Trumaine being here after this season. He will move on to a team who can afford to pay him a big paycheck the Rams will not be in this position.

Bottom Line I am far more interested in how Snead /McVay/ Wade plan to find future starting DB's who can replace all of our 2018 DB free agents like .... Trumaine Johnson, Lamarcus Joyner, Mo Alexander, Cody Davis, EJ Gaines, Nickell Robey-Coleman & Troy Hill. I was seriously surprised in this draft to see ZERO corners selected in a very big corner draft year:shocking:.I would expect Wade to use this season to weed out this corner unit & focus on new blood from the 2018 draft that helps greatly with the near future cap issues on this team. It would not surprise me that next season all but one of the 7 listed above DB's are departed.

Last edited:

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I think JJ is better but I would not want him coming to LA. Tru has better size too

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Take Jenkins....He's more durable and a better pure cover corner, in fact, now one of the best in the NFL...Johnson is bigger and is better in run support, but can be beat, watch the Miami game. Also Johnson has proven to have some durability concerns as well.

The reason the Rams went with Johnson is because he's a bigger corner and he played with defensive backs coach Brandon Fisher at Montana and is one of the reasons the Rams drafted him. However, sure wish the Rams paid Jenkins because from just a coverage standpoint, Jenkins is far better than Johnson IMHO.

jap

Legend
From a distance I believe that Tru is far better team player than JJ. In addition I think that Tru is much better locker room guy & a better person overall. I expect Tru to fit in well with this new Wade D & play much better this season. However I do not see Trumaine being here after this season. He will move on to a team who can afford to pay him a big paycheck the Rams will not be in this position.

Agreed! I see how the circumstances contributed to Tru's financial bonanza, but it still feels almost like extortion to me how he picked up all that loot for play that is unquestionably not elite. Wade will have better opportunities in the future to acquire the type of CBs he prefers, but this draft was for fixing the WR crew.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JJ is the better corner and it's not close. Jenkins spent his entire career being the number 1 guy and defending against other team number 1. Yes he occasionally took chances but like he explained the offense was so terrible he was trying to make plays. He beat Arizona on his own. Tru had the benefit of guarding other team number 2 and because Jenkins was taking away a entire half of the field teams threw Johnson way more which resulted in more interceptions. Johnson is a 2 corner Jenkins is a shutdown corner

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:fuelfire:Just to add some stats to the conversation; ( Tru and JJ came into the league the same year, 2012)
Trumain Johnson:
* 69 Games / 47 Starts
* 16 Int's for 245 yards and 2 Td's w/ a Long of 58 yards!
* 54 Passes Defended
* 1 FF
* 2 FR's
* 224 Tackles w/ 38 assists

Janoris Jenkins:
* 75 Games / 73 Starts
* 13 Int's for 305 yards and 5 Td's w/ a long of 99 yards
* 66 Passes Defended
* 4 FF's
* 4 Fumbles
* 2 FR's for 2 yards and 1 TD
* 2 sacks
273 Tackles w/ 32 assists

And for those wondering, I think JJ may be better, that's just maybe! I would take Tru before him, Tru is a TEAM PLAYER, I don't think JJ is!! JMHO!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
JJ....

and I have a problem with how Tru is tackling now...all business decisions. He has hell on the opponents #1 wrs....

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I want to say Tru is better. But I don't believe he is. Ask the other teams around the league who you would rather have and I'll bet the answer would be JJ. Tru is a better than average corner but I don't see him on the same level as JJ.

There are your lockdown corners like Sherman and Revis in their primes, Peterson, Norman, etc. Then there's the next tier with solid corners which I would put both JJ and Tru in. The difference IMO, is I would put JJ near the top of that list and Tru somewhere in the middle.

All in all I woulda rather had JJ but thats water under the bridge. Tru is our guy and we could do worse. I'm ok with paying him in 2017. He'll be the best cover guy we have and if he doesn't play up to that level he can walk next year with no cap implications.

I still believe this team is all about the future and Goff. So whatever happens with Tru, he's not make or break.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
JJ, but that ship has sailed. Side note after doing a quick bit of research, if the Rams don't get Tru signed to a contract before the deadline the Rams will have spent more on Tru than the Giants have JJ after 2 seasons. A little over 30 million for Tru and 29 for JJ, and the will Giants still have JJ under contract. What are the odds that Tru takes a more team friendly deal after being tagged for 2 seasons?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I wanted JJ over Tru last year and that will never change. He was the best player on the team. Imagine his abilities on a Wade Phillips D...

Man Fisher fucked up.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Other option was my choice. Tru is on the team JJ isn't so I'm rooting for Tru. JJ is an after thought and imo it's pointless to want him.

^Agree..
Chose other option also.

JJ is a has been, Tru is the now. Not to offend but this poll is 2 thousand and late...Tru under this regime will be better than JJ. Sorry to offend the JJ boys, but its Tru'e'...

jjab360

Legend
I wanted JJ over Tru last year and that will never change. He was the best player on the team. Imagine his abilities on a Wade Phillips D...

Man Fisher freaked up.
Umm no. Aaron Donald says hi.

JJ always gave up the big plays when he was with us, it almost got to the point where he was a liability at times. TruJo was always more consistent and when he started creating more turnovers than JJ it was a no brainer.

I'm happy that JJ is doing well in NY but maybe a change of scenery was what he needed tbh.