Pokemon GO

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Slap the crap out of me all you want, Rynie. I'm a Pokemon fan and proud of it.

In other news, I am not playing Pokemon Go. I don't have the capability to play it (i.e., a smartphone).

Was waiting for you to show up.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Funny... my wife and I went for a walk on Sunday, and out of the blue my oldest son tells us that he wants to come too. That NEVER happens. Here I was thinking that he wanted to spend some quality time with us. Ha

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Someone is gonna die cause of this game... Or someone will get killed.
My suggestion, drop some acid with good company in a safe place and get it done the traditional Analog way -- FUCK DIGITAL

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm a gamer, but when it comes to Pokemon....
200.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just found out I am 6 GB over on my data plan this month. My daughter is in BIG trouble

Angry Ram

I'm a gamer, but when it comes to Pokemon....
200.gif

A big reason why this game is so popular is that it only covers the 1st 150 Pokemon. That means people that grew up with it in the 90s (like me) know about the characters and love the nostalgia of it. Plus, it's a very simple game that has you go outside and moving. For example, I have to hatch eggs by walking 5 KM a day. For me, that's easy to do but for others it may be the first time they moved that much in a long time.

Angry Ram

I made my kid delete it. I don't want him being tracked everywhere he goes.

Of the tens of millions of people that are playing this game, you are worried about being tracked?

I think you should let him play and enjoy what he can. It's a harmless game with no violence, blood, gore, shooting ,etc and it forces you to go outside to play. I mean as long as his eyes aren't glued to the phone 24/7 and going to sketchy places I wouldn't worry about it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Of the tens of millions of people that are playing this game, you are worried about being tracked?

I think you should let him play and enjoy what he can. It's a harmless game with no violence, blood, gore, shooting ,etc and it forces you to go outside to play. I mean as long as his eyes aren't glued to the phone 24/7 and going to sketchy places I wouldn't worry about it.
For me tracking is not about somehow being able to follow any one individual - though I'm not crazy about that aspect. To me it is about tracking all information about the players. I'm not about to send off a saliva sample to some ancestry site either.

Athos

Legend
Pokemans is my shit bruh. I grew up with that.

And I've seen jacked as shit dudes playing it. And smokin hot ladies. Tell them it's for kids. :ROFLMAO:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I don't like anyone having access to my kids whereabouts. Never know who is using what for whatever reason. I am very cautious and skeptical when it comes to peoples intentions with stuff like this.

Angry Ram

For me tracking is not about somehow being able to follow any one individual - though I'm not crazy about that aspect. To me it is about tracking all information about the players. I'm not about to send off a saliva sample to some ancestry site either.

They app asks to create an account with a username, password, birthday, and use your phone's GPS and camera so you can actually play the game. I'm all for privacy on social media, but this is nothing compared to that stuff.

I don't like anyone having access to my kids whereabouts. Never know who is using what for whatever reason. I am very cautious and skeptical when it comes to peoples intentions with stuff like this.

Do you or your kids use google maps on phones? It's the EXACT same thing in Pokemon GO. I say that b/c the guys that developed google maps had a hand in developing this game. It's a pretty legit app, as far as "people's intentions" are. Again, I highly doubt of all the people worldwide that are playing, one person is gonna find your kid or any one individual and have sinister plans.

Also, this game is a fad. As much mainstream popularity as it's getting, it's gonna die out within a year or so. I'd say let people have fun with it while it lasts.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I downloaded it for nostalgia. I haven't messed around with anything Pokemon since the yellow gameboy game. Gotta admit it's more fun than expected but I'm not about to spends hours running around with it.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
:burp: Stu, you're missing out. I sent my saliva out. I found out I'm 25% Irish, 25% Scotch, half drunk and half nuts. It's good to know your past. ...hic.

:rant:That's 150%!! You idiot!!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
All kidding aside. I have some great memories of my son playing Pokeman in the nineties. It was a common interest he and my bonus son had when they were ten and my wife and I met.

The boys were at the tail end of their innocent youth, and moving on to being "too cool for school". Pokeman soon got set aside for sports and girls, but my son still has his big red Pokeman binder somewhere in the garage. I'm glad the boys had that short period of time to bond with Pokeman, before life became less innocent.

I never really got the point of the game, but it made our boys happy.

This new thing? Seems a little much. But I hope you guys have fun.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lmao

Don't you get text alerts when you reach 75% and 100% of your monthly plan?
I do, but usually its a couple of days to go in the billing cycle.
Probably was like 3 days IN TO the current billing cycle... Lol

Debacled

Starter

About half the apps on phones now have a GPS tracking system that go along with them. Chances are theres at least a dozen or so that still track location at any given time.

They have to be provided permission, but chances are that was paid no mind.