Playing for Pete Carroll is like playing for Willy Wonka?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...pete-carroll-is-like-playing-for-willy-wonka/

Michael Bennett: Playing for Pete Carroll is like playing for Willy Wonka
Posted by Josh Alper on May 22, 2015

ES70UyO.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz9jc5blzRM

We have a feeling that Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was a pretty popular movie in the house when Martellus and Michael Bennett were growing up.

A couple of years ago, Martellus said that then-Bears coach Marc Trestman reminded him of Willy Wonka. That didn’t help Trestman all that much when Bears brass decided he was a bad egg after last season, but that left an opening for a Wonka-esque figure on the NFL sidelines. Enter Pete Carroll, or so says Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett.

“It’s like playing for Willy Wonka,” Bennett said on 750 The Game in Portland, via the Tacoma News-Tribune. “He’s crazy. He wants to be young. He just is one of those guys who’s always up beat, wants to have a good time, and let’s you be yourself.”

And the snozzberries taste exactly like snozzberries in the team’s cafeteria to boot.

Bennett went on to compare Carroll quite favorably to Greg Schiano, who coached the Bucs when Bennett was in Tampa and earned poor marks for letting men act like men. Bennett and Carroll haven’t been seeing much of each other of late as the defensive end has stayed away from workouts in a quest to shake more money loose from the team.

They haven’t decided to send him to the taffy-pulling room or anything nearly as severe, but Bennett’s just a year into his deal and that may make the idea of a raise nothing more than pure imagination on Bennett’s behalf.
-----------
Willy Wonka would’ve ran it.
----------
Do the PEDs taste like snoozberries?
----------
And Rex Ryan is Augustus Gloop…
---------
Funny, but by the looks of his game management skills in the last Super Bowl, he reminds me more of Captain Queeg.
---------
The way he was chewing that gum after the INT, he seemed more like Violet Beauregarde.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
There is also a certain resemblance to Rich Uncle Pennybags from Monopoly.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I find it kind of odd that they would try to parody a guy who has had so much success...Willy Wonka could coach the Rams if he won enough ..I can't stand the guy, but he sure has done a good job in Seattle...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I will confess. I wanted the Rams to hire Pete Carroll back before they hired Linehan. I thought he got a raw deal in New York. However, now I cannot stand him. I liken it to Martz. I always liked Martz but I hated when he was on the opponents sideline because he little jumping for joy/elation exhibition, when his team scored was hard to take.

Pete really comes off as cartoonish to me now. I have since seen him talking to gang members in LA and have seen videos of him speaking at HS Qb camps and such. He is an overzealous salesman that talks to everyone like they are kids. All I can see when watching him in those things is that he looks foolish.

I always have this idea that his players don't really take him seriously. I know I couldn't. Maybe they are just glad to be left to do their thing and like him because he stays off their backs.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
As an Englishman let me be the first to make the "like playing for Willy Wonka?"? I think he meant to say
"like playing for a wanker".

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Winning cures everything.

Losing exposes the truth.

Once that team starts losing you'll see a few more players step forward that they don't trust the guy.