Players to move on from...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Who do you think the Rams part ways with this offseason?

Realistically move on from...not "I think it's time to draft Bridgewater and move on from Bradford, because it seems pretty evident that the Rams are considering that for a second.

I think the obvious ones are Witherspoon and Saffold.

After those guys I think it is a safe bet that Chris Williams isn't brought back...Pead might get another camp, but wouldn't surprise me if he is shopped for a late round pick. Another move might be a move of Finnegan somehow.

THoughts?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Depending on how he plays or more likely how they play, Clemens might lose his back up job to Davis or Quinn. Outside of the guys you mentioned I can't really see maybe a few guys who aren't really that high impact leaving.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Depending on how he plays or more likely how they play, Clemens might lose his back up job to Davis or Quinn. Outside of the guys you mentioned I can't really see maybe a few guys who aren't really that high impact leaving.

Yeah, I see the QB situation shaking out like this...

Rams draft a QB in the 3rd-4th round...MAYBE the 2nd. They bring back 2 of the three on the roster to battle it out during camp.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Isaiah Pead
Chris Williams
Harvey Dahl and/or Scott Wells b/c of salary issues.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isaiah Pead
Chris Williams
Harvey Dahl and/or Scott Wells b/c of salary issues.

You've got to have someone to replace them though. Cutting them and plugging in someone that isn't as good isn't an option. You do that and the next offseason you are spending another large sum of money on those positions again.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think Scott Wells is gone - not sure if B Jones will be ready, but Tim Barnes is. Chris Williams had his best game yesterday - if he keeps run blocking like that, he is a keeper. Finnegan is either taking a pay cut or is just plain old getting cut.
Kendall Langford is probably gone. Saffold will be allowed to walk. Pettis may have a hard time making the team next year - but I say that every year. Spoon is gone, and I am hoping to see some movement on the coordinators - especially on offense. We need a new playcaller and we need it badly. I have no problem with keeping the same general offense - same terminology and all that - so promoting from within may be the idea - but something has to give on the playcalling.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Why is Pead even on the team right now is my question. Pead showed this regime enough to draft him as highly as they did and then they gave him a dozen carries to prove himself...

V3

Hall of Fame
Considering that Wells, Dahl, Finnegan, and Langford all save you about $4 million EACH by cutting them, that's where I'd start. The only one I'd be hesitant to cut would be Wells. If the Rams feel Jones can take over, cut Wells. If not, keep him and see if he'll restructure. The others aren't coming anywhere near what they're being paid so cut them. That would free up a lot of space to get some better players in FA and the other spots we can fill in the draft. I fully expect the Rams to take a CB in the first round.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
We wont get any value for Pead - may as well cut him now and end this. Even good regimes miss sometimes.

And to think - Bobby Wagner was there. (sigh)

Thats OK, Les - you are still Aces in my book.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Considering that Wells, Dahl, Finnegan, and Langford all save you about $4 million EACH by cutting them, that's where I'd start. The only one I'd be hesitant to cut would be Wells. If the Rams feel Jones can take over, cut Wells. If not, keep him and see if he'll restructure. The others aren't coming anywhere near what they're being paid so cut them. That would free up a lot of space to get some better players in FA and the other spots we can fill in the draft. I fully expect the Rams to take a CB in the first round.

I have my doubts that many of the better FA will want to play for the Rams unless the money makes up the difference.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I have my doubts that many of the better FA will want to play for the Rams unless the money makes up the difference.

Why? Fisher has shown the ability to land the guys he targets .... hasn't he?

iced

We wont get any value for Pead - may as well cut him now and end this. Even good regimes miss sometimes.

And to think - Bobby Wagner was there. (sigh)

Thats OK, Les - you are still Aces in my book.

his issues are mental - you don't give up on talent. Still very young and still learning how to be a pro - if we're still seeing the same in year 4, then it's a different story.

I'm not happy about it either - however player development goes farther than just the pro's..you have any idea how I was at 22, let alone in the military? I can tell you when I was 25 and I had some 20-23 year old's that took a bit..others got it immediately.. but knee jerk cutting talent like that isn't going to build any depth

V3

Hall of Fame

Well, I wouldn't pay those(Dahl, Finnegan, etc) players that kind of money. I'd rather play rookies before I overpay those players to be mediocre at best.

V3

Hall of Fame
his issues are mental - you don't give up on talent. Still very young and still learning how to be a pro - if we're still seeing the same in year 4, then it's a different story.

I'm not happy about it either - however player development goes farther than just the pro's..you have any idea how I was at 22, let alone in the military? I can tell you when I was 25 and I had some 20-23 year old's that took a bit..others got it immediately.. but knee jerk cutting talent like that isn't going to build any depth

I'll be shocked if Pead is on the team next year. Not For Long

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

I don't think its much of a knee jerk reaction. I'm all about development - but this kid is a running back - his problem isn't the playbook - its his attitude. I don't think the Rams are going to pay this kind of money to a guy that they don't even dress on game day for much longer.

2014: $757,100, 2015: $940,650

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Not much to say on this because it's mid-season (sad we're talking offseason because the offseason SUX!!!). I will say this, though.

Pettis isn't going anywhere. Why get rid of our most reliable receiver? He's worth keeping for Red Zone offense alone. Can't imagine him getting big or him being worth more somewhere else.

Pead still has time to mend the wounds if he can earn our coach's trust. He has a better skill set than Richardson, but he is a typical head case. Sux we blew a second rounder on him.

With Barksdake stepping, Saffold is expendable.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Like Cunningham, Richardson, and Stacy?

I'm only saying I don't think the reason to move on from Pead is because of money.

Stacy:
2013 - $450,000
2014 - $540,000
2015 - $630,000
2016 - $720,000

We're talking a couple to a few hundred thousand... and you got to find someone!