Pick a 2016 QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you want as the Rams 2016 starting QB?

• Nick Foles

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Case Keenum

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Sean Mannion

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • 1st Round Rookie (Connor Cook?)

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 2nd Round Rookie (Jacoby Brissett? Cardale Jones? Christian Hackenberg?)

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Sam Bradford

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Robert Griffin

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Trade (Geno Smith? EJ Manuel?)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Other (Please Note)

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I think Mannion allows them to gamble a bit on a guy they like. He just seems like he'll be steady once he learns the playbook. I'm not even talking starter, just a guy that you know what he's going to give you week in and week out. I haven't looked at any college ball really so I'm listening to everyone and starting to give them a look. Really just need a Joe Flacco type to get this party going. If we can find better....:rockon::rockon::cheers:

Memphis Ram

Legend
I have had a really bad week starting with the loss Sunday, and as is my custom I usually find a way to make things worse before they get better. So with that in mind and fully aware of the ball busting I shall receive from my fellow ROD brothers, I would like to have Krapr nick. I still think he could be reclaimed. Could you imagine him running the read-option with Gurley and Tavon? I think it would work. With a better cast around him he took the niners to the sb and nfc championship his first two years. I think Fisher would be good for him. Just make him quit kissing his biceps and burn all his niner crap.

Kaepernick could do the same thing Cam Newton is doing with the 9-0 Panthers (Quick. Name a Panthers WR). Just put a good team around him and a coaching staff that will play him to his strengths like the Panthers are doing with Newton. And like the 49ers did with him during his first couple of seasons where they went to the Super Bowl and NFC Championship.

But, what will probably happen is the team will continue to look to find one of the few quality traditional pocket passers in existence hoping they strike gold.:confused:

Last edited:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
FWIW, my vote was for trade. I'd like to see if we can get Geno out of the Jets. He's played good football at the pro level and only lost his starting role this year because someone cold-cocked him in the locker room. Like his skillset and he should still have some chemistry with TA and Bailey (if Sted is still on the team, that is).
What exactly is your definition of good foot ball. Also a TEAM MATE knocked him the fuck out over MONEY owed. That team mate moved on to another team with no issues. To me gene seems more of a cancer then a qb

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I thought giving a first for Carr was a good idea last year. I think that ship has sailed, and I'm not sure any QB good enough to trade for would be available. So my answer, assuming decent play from Keenum, us to keep Case and prepare Mannion and simply take the best player available in the draft that doesn't play defense or runs the ball.

Unfortunately, Foles isn't the answer. Case can move in the pocket from what I've seen in Texas, and if we still have the OL next year that we have this year mobility will be of importance.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What exactly is your definition of good foot ball. Also a TEAM MATE knocked him the freak out over MONEY owed. That team mate moved on to another team with no issues. To me gene seems more of a cancer then a qb
Well down the stretch last year he put up passer ratings of 97, 35, 87, 88, 83 and 158. And the only game he played this year he hit on 65% of his passed for 264 yards, two scores, one pick and a rating of 88. I'd call that pretty good football. He also puts up in the 20 to 30 yards per game range with his legs.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The rookie QB will cause stress his rookie year but he will also set us up to contend for the foreseeable future if he pans out. I'd rather it take a little longer to cure the disease than only treat the symptoms.
I will agree with this thought here that there is a future benefit from playing a talented rookie QB.

One would think that this future 2016/2017 Ram team should be well on our way in building our OL for the future with Robinson, Havenstein, Brown, Wichmann, Rhaney Battle, Donnal. The other unit that would help this rookie is the very young & extremely talented trio RB's of Gurley, Austin & Mason. That's about it.

Now for the bad is the only remaining WR's Bailey/Marquez with the departing (Britt/Quick) & the high costing & fully undeserving TE's (Cook/Kendricks) these two units will need a serious complete overhaul. However there is enough there that the surrounding talent would greatly assist the rookie QB.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This...And do we start rooting for the 49ers to start winning?
I have them winning in my pick-em pool. Of course I don't play so much to win as I do to try to give mojo one way or another. I also have the Tards and patsies losing.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We'll be in great position to draft a franchise QB...We probably needed to put Keenum in 3 games ago to save this season....I hope we don't go the cheap option route in 2016, unless that means keeping Mannion as our #2
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/a...715?mb_edition=5200&linksrc=mb_favorites_head

Rams: Nick Foles benching was overdue
Dan Buffa | November 18, 2015 |
Sooner or later, it had to happen. The St. Louis Rams passing offense ranked near the bottom of the league. Jeff Fisher kept saying they would fix things. They would work on things. Well, you can’t work on crap.

After a terrible effort where he made Jay Cutler look like Tom Brady by comparison, Nick Foles has lost his job as starting quarterback. The only thing he has right now is financial security. Two thirds of his preseason minted three year/26 million dollar extension is guaranteed. He will be a high paid clipboard holding scout team running quarterback for a few weeks. Foles earned that spot.

0,,%7E13971348,00.jpeg

People weren’t too excited to see Case Keenum get the keys because they think he is a Foles clone. Well, until I see Keenum, a former Houston Texan, overthrow or all together misfire eight different throws in a single game, he is an upgrade over The Philly kid. If Keenum can connect on a ten yard pass or hit a deep route, he’s golden. If he doesn’t find a way to miss the gigantic body of Jared Cook on a wide open play, Keenum will be okay against the not what it once was Baltimore Ravens defense.

Maybe Foles should start against division rivals only. His best games in 2015 were against Seattle, Arizona and San Francisco. He had quarterback passing ratings of 115.8, 126.9 and 101.9 against those guys. In those games, he threw five touchdowns and zero interceptions. Did he make a special sandwich the night before? Wake up on the right side of the bed. Get shave. Have a good cup of coffee. Hit up Mom’s Deli before the game. There’s no telling, but in the other games he was average at best and terrible often. He threw two touchdowns and slung six picks. He had a 23.8 rating against the Green Bay Packers when sensational running back Todd Gurley was carrying him and the offense on his not so broad shoulders. He had a 68 PR against the Minnesota Vikings and a 53 rating against the Bears. Foles could mess up a prepped slow cook meal.

He’s done. For now. I don’t think we will see Foles for three weeks at least. The Rams can’t afford to completely quit on him. Keenum has to prove himself. Behind him, it’s Sean Mannion, their recent quarterback draftee. They traded the oft injured Sam Bradford(who hurt his shoulder again and was concussed Sunday) for Foles, a Chip Kelly prodigy who apparently his good arm up East. This guy is bad. Stinky bad. He’s not hurt like Sam, but he might as well be missing something.

It comes down to making throws my friends. Your receivers may drop a few and kill a couple drives but a good quarterback has to be able to overcome his receivers mediocre lot in life and find a way to connect. For nine pitiful games, Foles showed zero consistency. He was the Rams ineptitude over the Jeff Fisher regime. Not good enough. Not even close.

Can Keenum produce better results? He can’t do any worse. The receivers will publicly rally around Foles while quietly celebrating the change. This is a money game. Receivers want to get paid. They can’t do that trying to impersonate Shaq. Keenum may not be Aaron Rodgers but he will be something different. For now that’s good enough.

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-19_12-2-46.gif
    upload_2015-11-19_12-2-46.gif
    35 bytes · Views: 139

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Foles might be back because there's very little gained by cutting him...but he has no business playing next year. And I'm not passing on a talented QB prospect because of what Mannion might be. If Mannion is great, awesome. He'll compete and win the job. If not, we have a talented young QB prospect to develop. As far as I'm concerned, Foles is either cut or a backup next year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What makes you think Foles could be a starter? He shoulda been benched... And he's only taking up roster space....
When is a guy just what he appears to be? When has a veteran ever gotten progressively worse, then started getting better? I'm just giving ya a hard time flv....but I don't see starter in this guy, and the best option is to just move on...Hell, I just read where Mannion can't get reps cause of Foles & Keenum...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He's got that massive $6 million roster bonus coming in the off-season. Unfortunately, it's guaranteed already.

If the Rams stick with two QBs that are sitting on the bench currently, they're fools. They better know Mannion is Dan freaking Marino if they're doing that.

Rainram

Starter
I know it's outside the scope of this thread a bit, but...

I WANT AN OFFENSIVE LINE!!!

An average QB behind a DOMINANT OLine with Gurley can make good things happen and he will have the chance to grow and learn (as opposed to getting killed). Fix the line.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Well down the stretch last year he put up passer ratings of 97, 35, 87, 88, 83 and 158. And the only game he played this year he hit on 65% of his passed for 264 yards, two scores, one pick and a rating of 88. I'd call that pretty good football. He also puts up in the 20 to 30 yards per game range with his legs.
Yet Fitzpatrick is the starter

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I know it's outside the scope of this thread a bit, but...

I WANT AN OFFENSIVE LINE!!!

An average QB behind a DOMINANT OLine with Gurley can make good things happen and he will have the chance to grow and learn (as opposed to getting killed). Fix the line.
Not necessarily true see cowboys

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

See it throw it QB with a bad attitude and poor lower body mechanics. No thanks.