PFT: Percy Harvin could require hip surgery.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/25/harvins-hip-injury-could-require-surgery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-surgery/</a>

Oh no!
Never like to see any player get hurt, but...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Whoa!

Anxious to see how this plays out!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
BUT THE BEST FUCKIN TEAM OF ALL TIME SIGNED A GUY WITH CONSTANT MIGRAINES CAN DO NO WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!

I know that hashtags don't work here but...

#overrated

#nosympathy

#Idontcare

#toobad

#seaworms

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
My heart goes out to Percy, but does not extend to the Seaderall Seacocks..for the, I have a hardy haha. Btw with Crabtree out and now Harvin possibly out this is lookin more and more like the Rams year baby!!!

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
BoooYAAAA suckas!!! Sorry for Percy, but I love it because it's happening to the Seahags!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's $67M well spent.

lol @ the PEDHawks.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Does this mean that players will be prohibited from hitting Percy in the hip ?

LMFAO

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hopefully during his procedure someone drops a Junior Mint in there.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The whole situation must be giving the Seahags a real... migrane :shifty: :sly:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I dont wish injury on any player, and can imagine the worry the fans are going through right now. It'd be like if this was happening to Austin, we'd be worrying our asses off.

Having said that, this won't make the Seahawks weaker then last years team, but will just keep them the same basically. That is better then nothing. Especially since our shiny new wr isn't injured(knocks on wood).

I've read that if he does have surgery, could be out 3-4 months

This only increases our chances against them, which is always good :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RENTON, Wash. -- A few thoughts on Percy Harvin's injured hip after speaking with ESPN injury expert Stephania Bell:

Timetable: The Seahawks do not know the injury’s extent or if Harvin will require surgery. Multiple factors could affect recovery time. Repairing or resecting a tear, even without doing any bone resurfacing in the area, can require 10 to 16 weeks for recovery (give or take depending on the individual and the extent of the procedure), but Bell noted that athletes are always seeking ways to accelerate the healing process. The timetable would likely lengthen if bone resurfacing were involved. A 10-week recovery period from right now would extend to Oct. 3, or three days before the Seahawks’ fifth game. Leaving Harvin on the physically unable to perform list beyond the reduction to 53 players would require Harvin to miss six games.

History: Coach Pete Carroll cited Harvin’s hip flexor when explaining why the receiver missed time during organized team activities in June. Harvin was previously listed on the injury report with a right hip strain during Week 2 and Week 3 of the 2010 season. He was not otherwise listed with a hip injury. I am checking to see which hip is bothering Harvin now.

More info needed: The Seahawks are seeking additional opinions before deciding how to proceed. Bell wondered if the team would err on the safe side in the interests of protecting a long-term investment. Bell: "The thing about labral repairs is we find these injuries more than we used to find them due to improved diagnosis via clinical examination and imaging. We see them and we see them regularly. But does that mean every labral injury requires surgery? Probably not. The decision as to when surgery is indicated is case-based."

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/104622/thoughts-on-timetable-for-percy-harvin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... rcy-harvin</a>