PFT interviews Jon Gruden and Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yes, that's the voice of the beloved Mike Foolio. :sneaky:

Click the link below to listen to the podcast, "Raiders Jon Gruden Interview & Jeff Fisher 1/17/18"

Gruden begins at 5:10
Fisher begins at 24:10

Fisher talks about his Titans losing to the Rams in the Super Bowl, also brags on Case Keenum and advises Gruden on the Raiders eventual move to Vegas.

Fisher says there's been "some interest" in him for another coaching opportunity. But "it's head coach or nothing." :burp:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/17/pft-pm-has-visits-with-jon-gruden-jeff-fisher/

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
"Head coach or nothing" for Fisher?

Get yourself prepared for nothing then Jeff.
I'm starting to think the guy is totally delusional.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fisher would still make a good defensive Coordinator. But after making the big bucks, I bet it would be tough putting in all of those hours for less money.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Fisher would still make a good defensive Coordinator. But after making the big bucks, I bet it would be tough putting in all of those hours for less money.
I'm not sure if Jeff's ego can stand the demotion and the fact that he would have to answer to somebody.

Plus he's a multi-millionaire so why should he put up with being second banana?

Evidently he misses the attention though because he's given an awful lot of interviews. :D

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The thought of actually choosing to listen to Fish speak is NOT something I'm willing to do anymore.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
"Head coach or nothing" for Fisher?

As long as the Browns are a franchise, he'll always have a potential landing spot.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've thought that for years.

Maybe it's just me, but he always came across as total bovine excrement.

Glad he's gone. McVay and company exposed him for what he was... 1/2 of a head coach.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a tie!!
Gruden, 6 winning seasons in 11 years
Fisher, 6 winning seasons in 22 years

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i haven't listened to a word fisher said since after week 2 of the 2013 season. not gonna start again now.

RedRam

Pro Bowler

200w.gif

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yea....have no reason to click and listen to that. Rather waste my time sticking Q-tips to far into my ear drum.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@LACHAMP46

"Laugh it up fuzz ball. " It's early in the off-season. I should have said I don't like any of the prominent names other than Brown. I don't get to watch as much football as I used to. I rely heavily on the Senior Bowl, Scouting combine, scouting reports and then back tracking to see if I see the same things to evaluate most of the guys I don't know.

I still view taking a LOT like taking a backup, developmental type right now. The Rams are close and Windows can close fast. There are bigger fish to fry, like OLB, Corner, NT. etc....plug a few holes in the defense first, unless there is an OLT that they just can't refuse, but with so many other needs and no idea who they get as free agents, I don't like the idea of a first round pick sitting on the bench for two years, and only having three years of eligibility left. Especially when there is no second round pick to be a likely starter or even a contributor.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't get to watch as much football as I used to. I rely heavily on the Senior Bowl, Scouting combine, scouting reports and then back tracking to see if I see the same things to evaluate most of the guys I don't know.
Solid foundation.....Scouting has really changed and you can let the "experts" do all the ground work...then check out a few game clips.....Eyes don't lie....trust your instincts.
I don't like the idea of a first round pick sitting on the bench for two years
me either....I don't like giving up a 2nd round pick for a guy that's not utilized in the biggest moments either...but what are we gonna do from the couch?

Deeper drafts....picks in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds aren't what they used to be...we can find talent...all we have to do is look.

Sitting 2 years is tough...I would expect a quality OLT to play....pretty soon too....our O-line's claims of dominance has been greatly exaggerated....IMO

nighttrain

Legend
me, after watching this years playoffs, it's hard to believe how bad Fisher really was, just a terrible HC
train