Pete Carroll signs extension through 2019

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...l-through-2019-days-after-extending-their-gm/

The Seattle Seahawks now have one of the NFL's top management duos locked up for the next four seasons.

Two days after signing general manager John Schneider to a contract extension that will keep him in the Pacific Northwest through 2021, the Seahawks signed head coach Pete Carroll to an extension that runs through 2019, the team announced. ESPN's Adam Schefter previously reported the news.

Carroll has a record of 60-36 in his six years with the Seahawks, with three division titles and a Super Bowl win. That's 60-36 mark is fifth-best in the NFL during that time. Their point differential (plus-548) is third-best.

Over the course of the last four seasons, they have been arguably the best team in football. Their 48-16 record since 2012 checks in behind only the Patriots and Broncos, while their plus-639 point differential is the best in the league. They have ranked in the top 10 in points per game each season and have led the league in scoring defense in all four as well. They're on a four-year streak of finishing as the top overall team in Football Outsiders' DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average, which adjusts performance for down, distance, and opponent), a streak during which they've also finished in the top seven on both sides of the ball every year.

In addition to Schneider and Carroll, the Seahawks also have their core of Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Cliff Avril, K.J. Wright, Jermaine Kearse, Doug Baldwin and Ahtyba Rubin all signed through at least 2018. This team is going to be really good for a while longer.

HellRam

Starter
Not too surprising. It made sense for Pete to stay, he built a team that can contend yearly. Why not see if you can add to the legacy.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
198af2kcuq5fwgif.gif

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
At least we can end any speculation about him coming to the Rams.

Whew!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm guessing Stan might get Fish and Snead finished up now.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm guessing Stan might get Fish and Snead finished up now.

Hope not, Merlin. At least not until Fisher has proven that he can post a winning record with the Rams.

Check this out... http://www.heraldnet.com/sports/carroll-agrees-to-three-year-contract-extension-with-seahawks/

Carroll has posted playoff appearances in 5 of his 6 Seattle seasons as HC.

That blows away Fisher's record. I mean, it's embarrassing, really.

Carroll more than earned his extension. So far, Fisher hasn't.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I imagine Fisher's extension will be announced soon. Surprised it hasn't happened yet

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hope not, Merlin. At least not until Fisher has proven that he can post a winning record with the Rams.

Check this out... http://www.heraldnet.com/sports/carroll-agrees-to-three-year-contract-extension-with-seahawks/

Can't disagree with your logic, which is well understood and something I think we all realize.

But we are not Kroenke, who just doubled the value of his franchise and then some. He's not gonna sweat firing Fish in year one of that extension if it's more of the same. Stan has reportedly been working on that extension, so barring Fish asking for too much I suspect it will get done before the season.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

For the doubters maybe it will be a 2 year extension but more likely its going to be for 3. I'm expecting something in the next 72 hours...

"Hey you! "Keep doubting, I have my quarterback now and I will become a legend in Los Angeles"
Jeff-Fisher-1.jpeg