Paul, John, George, Ringo, or Elvis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pick one

• Paul

• John

• George

• Ringo

• Elvis

• Who?

Results are only viewable after voting.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Beatles or Elvis? With which one do you most identify?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Both are great. Tough call.
I have to go with the King though.

RocknRam29

Live, Love, Laugh, & Learn
The Beatles for me, John being the favorite. I do like pre-army Elvis though.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Beatles for me. While I love all the Beatles I'm going to say that Paul may have written and performed some of my favorite Beatles songs. So I voted Paul. For life AFTER the Beatles though, my favorites are tied with John and George.

But I could listen to any of them all day long and not get bored of it.

CodeMonkey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look at it however you want...Whether its the instrument they play, the music they wrote, or whatever it is you identify with about them. I was referencing more in terms of what they represent in terms of personality. Painting with a very broad brush, In terms of what these guys mean as a personality to me, it's kind of like:

Paul - The Classics
John - The Avante Garde
George - The Spiritual
Ringo - The Clown with a Country Twist. Also, Consistency.
Elvis - The Man

Nobody is on the Ringo bandwagon yet:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-07qmTUi9A

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
elvis-presley.jpg
elvis-presley-in-concert-c-1970.jpg
It's as simple as the colors Black and White .. Elvis is the King of Rock 'n Roll!!
Compared to Elvis, the Beatles are just a POP Music Band!!:p

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Blasphemy! I voted Paul but The Beatles as a band are my all-time favorite. Like them all individually as solo acts as well although Paul got a little too sappy and pop at times.
The Beatles were very good, I liked them too! BUT!!! Elvis is and always will be " The King of Rock 'n Roll!!"

CodeMonkey

Blasphemy! I voted Paul but The Beatles as a band are my all-time favorite. Like them all individually as solo acts as well although Paul got a little too sappy and pop at times.
Paul liked to fuse classical elements into rock like string quartets and etc. The song Penny Lane was an early work with brilliant lyrics and incorporates the picolo trumpet.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDXPTPo2oZU

As time went on it became pretty obvious that John and Paul were going in opposite directions musically. That, and adding Harrison going in yet another way, was part of what made their product so rich and interesting. Anything that either John or Paul wrote was always as "Lennon/McCartney" but you could tell the writer by who sang it. Harrison's work was under his own by line. Paul and John actually both independently wrote a song about the same event and they decided to stick the two together and make the song "A Day in the Life" You can see the difference in approach. Pretty interesting.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Q9D4dcYng

Last edited:

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Look at it however you want...Whether its the instrument they play, the music they wrote, or whatever it is you identify with about them. I was referencing more in terms of what they represent in terms of personality. Painting with a very broad brush, In terms of what these guys mean as a personality to me, it's kind of like:

Paul - The Classics
John - The Avante Garde
George - The Spiritual
Ringo - The Clown with a Country Twist. Also, Consistency.
Elvis - The Man

Nobody is on the Ringo bandwagon yet:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-07qmTUi9A

That's actually an excellent way to break them down. Ringo will likely never win a vote like this but i can't imagine The Beatles without him.

And don't feel too sorry for him:

barbara-bach-4.jpg

CodeMonkey

That's actually an excellent way to break them down. Ringo will likely never win a vote like this but i can't imagine The Beatles without him.

And don't feel too sorry for him:

barbara-bach-4.jpg

Oh no. Don't feel sorry for Ringo. The guy to put a suicide watch on is Pete Best, the Beatles original drummer. He kinda got screwed. ha ha When Brian Epstein took over as manager of the band, he replaced Best with a studio musician (Star) for a recordinng session, which was common at the time. And then as it turned out the band ended up sacking him for Ringo.

Ringo was a real workman though. Somewhere on a documentary I saw someone say that during the years when they were a studio only band and spent long days in Apple records, Ringo would just work and work all day, building up a huge pile of wood chips and drumstick splinters all around him. When he finally stood up and put his sticks down, everybody knew the day was over. He was the engine making it all go.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
George had a great string of hits after the Beatles broke up. I still listen to his songs today. It's funny but when you hear one of the Beatles solo hits it sounds like 1/4 of a Beatles tune. Paul had some great hits too after the split so did John but there is something about Harrison's music that grabs me. His lyrics in his songs are like prayers. So much talent in one foursome.
If any of you want to read a great book pick up Eric Clapton's autobiography...he tells it all. He even goes into the time when he stole George's wife. After that Eric thought he would never see George again but that very next Sunday there was George at Eric's front door with wine and Guitar in hand for their weekly jam/party sessions.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How in theee fuck, do any of you vote for anyone but Elvis?! Lol he was long gone before I was born, but damn I enjoy his music. A few years ago I was at a national convention in Memphis and was able to tour his home and plane. It was one of the coolest things I've ever been able to do.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
How in theee freak, do any of you vote for anyone but Elvis?! Lol he was long gone before I was born, but damn I enjoy his music. A few years ago I was at a national convention in Memphis and was able to tour his home and plane. It was one of the coolest things I've ever been able to do.

For me it just comes down to taste in music, the Beatles have a million songs I love. Elvis has a few that I like. Elvis was cool though.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
As far as post Beatles go, McCartney & Wings was my favorite but John and George both put out several great albums.