Pats To Trade Or Cut Danny Amendola?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...lphins-gm-believes-team-has-strong-foundation

By Dan Pompei, NFL Columnist Feb 28, 2014

NFL teams say the name of Danny Amendola has been floated in trade talks. The Patriots signed the wide receiver to a five-year, $28.5 million contract last offseason, but Amendola struggled to stay healthy and did not have the kind of impact the team envisioned him having. Amendola caught 54 passes for 633 yards with Tom Brady throwing to him. He had two better seasons when he played in St. Louis with Sam Bradford throwing to him. There has been speculation the Patriots could cut Amendola if a deal cannot be worked out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-danny-amendolas-name-in-trade-discussions/

Report: Patriots have “floated” Danny Amendola’s name in trade discussions
Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 1, 2014

Could Danny Amendola be one-and-done in New England?

According to Dan Pompei of Bleacher Report, who cited unnamed “NFL teams,” the Patriots have brought up the name of Amendola in trade discussions less than a year after signing the wide receiver as a free agent.

Also, Pompei reports that there is some “speculation” Amendola could be released if he is not dealt.

The 28-year-old Amendola caught 54 passes for 633 yards and two TDs in 12 games for New England in 2013. He played his first four seasons with St. Louis (2009-2012).

Amendola dealt with a groin injury in his first season with the Patriots, and he also suffered a concussion. He has missed a combined nine regular season games in the last two seasons. Moreover, he was limited to just one game in 2011.

Nevertheless, it would be a major surprise if he lasted just one season with the Patriots, given the club’s investment. However, New England has never been lacking for decisiveness.

jap

Legend
It's a crying shame---all that heart stuffed into a body that is not sufficiently football tough.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
My how times have changed. Flashes of Tavon and Cook taking his spot has spoiled me. Funny he played better with Sam...

I don't feel bad for him. Shoulda stayed here because it was his best fit. All well. Glad he's not our injury problem anymore.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm confused, how come Tom "qb god" Brady couldn't elevate his play?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would welcome him back. He made Sam comfortable. I wouldn't pay much but I would for sure take him back

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I would welcome him back. He made Sam comfortable. I wouldn't pay much but I would for sure take him back
I was not happy to see him go by any means. But the guy can't stay healthy and he'll eat up a roster spot for someone else. He's now 28 years old and getting older. We now have a younger slot guy-Tavon Austin-who has much more athletic ability and is a true game changer. I loved Amendola's toughness and tenacity. I just think that the Rams organization has moved on and really doesn't need what he can provide anymore.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
3s82s9.jpg

RFIP

I'm confused, how come Tom "qb god" Brady couldn't elevate his play?

Yep. And he couldn't do it with Fells, Hoo Hoo, Mulligan, Salas or Lloyd either.

Facts that somehow go unnoticed in certain circles.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What I love here is Bill Belichick got this sooooooooo wrong. Deep down he blamed Welker for the last Super Bowl loss to the Giants when he dropped that big pass, he felt that Amendola was younger and faster and actually had better hands, however, if the "Self Proclaimed" Genius Belichick had checked with any of us, we could have told him that Amendola can never stay healthy, never!

I'm pleased that the Patriots don't have Welker anymore and are now trying to make up for their mistake. Poor, poor Bill Belichick, however, he still gets his team to win year in and year out!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What I love here is Bill Belichick got this sooooooooo wrong. Deep down he blamed Welker for the last Super Bowl loss to the Giants when he dropped that big pass, he felt that Amendola was younger and faster and actually had better hands, however, if the "Self Proclaimed" Genius Belichick had checked with any of us, we could have told him that Amendola can never stay healthy, never!

I'm pleased that the Patriots don't have Welker anymore and are now trying to make up for their mistake. Poor, poor Bill Belichick, however, he still gets his team to win year in and year out!

Good point, coach.

Not to mention; Welker signed a reasonable contract. It was clearly a personnel decision, not financial.

RFIP

Agree about Amendola not staying healthy but at the same time I'd take Danny's hands over Welker's any day. Welker is more of a body catcher who knows how to quickly ball up and absorb the hit.

Danny just plays balls out all the time, thus leading to injury.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The talk out here in New England is that it was a personal beef that Belichik had. I'm happy that this is not going the way the cheaters hoped.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The talk out here in New England is that it was a personal beef that Belichik had. I'm happy that this is not going the way the cheaters hoped.

Clearly they didn't like each other;

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ay-they-wanted-to-keep-wr-wes-welker-for-2013

Welker signed a two-year, $12 million contract with the Broncos, and in part, it seemed like it was because he was tired of playing for Belichick -- who Welker said admonished him in front of the team in 2012.

"It was just kind of hard," Welker said before the 2013 season. "One of those deals where you have to endure him, put up with him… But he does it to everybody, it's the way he is."

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yep. And he couldn't do it with Fells, Hoo Hoo, Mulligan, Salas or Lloyd either.

Facts that somehow go unnoticed in certain circles.

Dude he threw for over 4300 yards with nobodies as targets. It was one heck of a job according to most people who watch the game.