Panthers, Patriots, Seahawks... early favorites for 2016/2017 Super Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-seahawks-early-favorites-for-2017-super-bowl

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Super Bowl is 50, and the Denver Broncos are your champions. But Super Bowl 51 is just, oh, 52 weeks away. According to William Hill Sports Book, the New England Patriots and Carolina Panthers are the two favorites to make it to the Super Bowl in 2017.

Here's a look at the 11 biggest favorites for 2017.

Carolina Panthers: 7-1
New England Patriots: 8-1
Seattle Seahawks: 10-1
Green Bay Packers: 10-1
Pittsburgh Steelers: 10-1
Arizona Cardinals: 10-1
Kansas City Chiefs: 15-1
Cincinnati Bengals: 15-1
Denver Broncos: 15-1
Indianapolis Colts: 20-1
Minnesota Vikings: 20-1

Despite winning on Sunday, the Broncos aren't even in the top-five favorites because of their uncertainty at quarterback. The Colts are somehow in the top 10 despite their subpar season in 2016. And obviously, the Patriots are in the top one of the top slots as they likely will continue to be until Tom Brady and Bill Belichick retire.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if the rams can somehow get their hands on brees i'd put them at 5-1

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'd go crazy if that happened...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Marshawn Lynch retiring should change the Seahawks odds a bit, imho.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
They kinda did actually. Granted, Lynch may not be "Lynch" anymore, but Rawls didn't give them the power running game they relied on in the past and thus we saw Wilson's pass attempts go up and their record reflected their new reality...

Wilson can be a right pain if he's only throwing 20 times a game because that means the run game is working which makes play action a real thing and the D has to play the ball instead of pinning their ears back and coming after him.

What's truly scary is that with a few plays ... A made field goal here, a made catch there, a made tackle over there and this Rams team exactly as it was could have won 10 games and beat out Seattle for a WC slot.

Nah, I think a full year of no Lynch and teams focusing on Wilson will wear him down. He's playing Russian Roulette with how he plays even as he plays smarter than guys like Kaep. He's going to take a big shot (it's not like Steve Young didn't occasionally get lit up and Wilson reminds me a bit of Young.)

And we all know how hard it is to win with the backup QB.