Painful, but...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Unit

UDFA
Well, that was painful; would have been far worse, but for earlier painful games, which meant this result probably doesn't keep us out of the playoffs. We were already out, for all intents and purposes.

That being said, I don't feel as discouraged as I did with some of the losses earlier this year. The flame went out for me a bit during the first 49er game, when the Niners hit an 81-yard pass just before the half. Rams were still ahead, but I decided then it was too painful to let some defensive back who couldn't stop himself from peeking into the backfield to bug me anymore. And I couldn't for the life of me figure out why our "new defense" was so crappy; FAR worse than last year.

Those first few games were inexplicable, and left me wondering if the Rams had ANY players who could play. No longer, thank God. Even with a painful loss like today, I know the Rams are making progress; and have good players. I'm GLAD we have safeties who are sure tacklers; I'm GLAD we have Kenny Britt; GLAD we have Stedmon Bailey; GLAD we have Tre Mason; GLAD we have Aaron Donald; GLAD we have a defense that plays fast, and hard; even GLAD we have Shaun Hill. You bet it's frustrating, but it's apparent from the past few weeks that we have players who care; who enjoy playing for this coaching staff; who compete, and compete, and compete.

We're not out of the woods; not by a long shot. But I have the sense we're no longer lost in the woods; it's just a matter of working on the plan already in place to become a good team. My concern is that the current regime started after close to ten years of incompetence; not sure there's the patience to stay the course.

I don't know the answer at quarterback. Sometimes seems we're the mirror image of a team like the Colts; great QB, less-than-great team. But any question that - even if we don't get a top-5 quarterback, only a game manager - this team can compete? I don't question that anymore - thank God. So I'm not as discouraged as I was by the losses early in the year. We were looking for a savior a quarterback before; now maybe mere competence is good enough.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well, that was painful; would have been far worse, but for earlier painful games, which meant this result probably doesn't keep us out of the playoffs. We were already out, for all intents and purposes.

That being said, I don't feel as discouraged as I did with some of the losses earlier this year. The flame went out for me a bit during the first 49er game, when the Niners hit an 81-yard pass just before the half. Rams were still ahead, but I decided then it was too painful to let some defensive back who couldn't stop himself from peeking into the backfield to bug me anymore. And I couldn't for the life of me figure out why our "new defense" was so crappy; FAR worse than last year.

Those first few games were inexplicable, and left me wondering if the Rams had ANY players who could play. No longer, thank God. Even with a painful loss like today, I know the Rams are making progress; and have good players. I'm GLAD we have safeties who are sure tacklers; I'm GLAD we have Kenny Britt; GLAD we have Stedmon Bailey; GLAD we have Tre Mason; GLAD we have Aaron Donald; GLAD we have a defense that plays fast, and hard; even GLAD we have Shaun Hill. You bet it's frustrating, but it's apparent from the past few weeks that we have players who care; who enjoy playing for this coaching staff; who compete, and compete, and compete.

We're not out of the woods; not by a long shot. But I have the sense we're no longer lost in the woods; it's just a matter of working on the plan already in place to become a good team. My concern is that the current regime started after close to ten years of incompetence; not sure there's the patience to stay the course.

I don't know the answer at quarterback. Sometimes seems we're the mirror image of a team like the Colts; great QB, less-than-great team. But any question that - even if we don't get a top-5 quarterback, only a game manager - this team can compete? I don't question that anymore - thank God. So I'm not as discouraged as I was by the losses early in the year. We were looking for a savior a quarterback before; now maybe mere competence is good enough.
Good post. Welcome to the board.
200.gif

Big Unit

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good post. Welcome to the board.
200.gif
Thanks. For what it's worth, I have tickets to the Raiders next week; and we'll be in DC the following Sunday, visiting my daughter. Talked about seeing the Rams at FedEx; but some of the stuff I've read about the Redskins, and backlash to RGIII, is so nasty and vituperative, it doesn't sound like much fun. Ugh.

I think what makes this season seem so urgent to Rams fans is the overlying, unknown, status of the franchise and a potential move. I decided to not fret about that anymore, either; and the woes of the Seahawks and Niners have helped give me perspective, too. Too slow for my taste; but we're gaining.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I can't watch a play anymore without the dread that there is going to be a bad flag thrown by the officials. It has become so common place.
The league needs to do something as the game has totally passed the ref's capabilities.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
What a terrible moment. I huddled all my friends around to watch the Rams rally back only to be disappointed severely. Very painful indeed but it's what comes with being a die hard fan.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
this hurts more than Minnesota....not sure why? Maybe it's so fresh....

Minnesota really hurt me, 'cuz I had so much optimism coming into the season. Then WHAM, slammed down to earth. Heck, what are these Rams if this is how they perform. Same with Kansas City. Same to a lesser extent with Arizona that they just totally fell apart like they did.

This win, they fought to the end and really should have won despite what seemed like a whole afternoon of bad bounces for the Rams. To have a chance to win this at the end is all you really hope for against a team like San Diego on the road.

Big Unit

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Minnesota really hurt me, 'cuz I had so much optimism coming into the season. Then WHAM, slammed down to earth. Heck, what are these Rams if this is how they perform. Same with Kansas City. Same to a lesser extent with Arizona that they just totally fell apart like they did.

This win, they fought to the end and really should have won despite what seemed like a whole afternoon of bad bounces for the Rams. To have a chance to win this at the end is all you really hope for against a team like San Diego on the road.
Agreed. A lot to like about our team; that's a recent development.