out of the free agents that are left.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramaslama

I wouldn't mind seeing Eric Winston be given a shot. thoughts? What are the free agents left you guys would like to see be given a shot?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'd be ok with him but we don't have much left to do anything. Only $1.9M left in the kitty.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Unless something bad happens in training camp I don't see the Rams looking for anymore FA's at this point.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Jim Leonhard is looking to play one more season before retiring. He played in all 16 games last year for the Bills and would be a positive veteran presense in our secondary. The Packers are looking at him right now, but I sure wouldn't mind if we signed him.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I wonder if Winston has a personalty defect or something. He hasn't been able to stick on a team for whatever reason.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At the end of training camp, when the Rams have a better sense of how much money they'll have after releasing people and also a better sense of which positions still need some veteran backup they might sign somebody. Doubt anything happens before then.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Pat Angerer is a damn good LB when healthy, we should bring him in as depth because we need it. He could start for probably around 20 or more teams, and we get him for cheap while he's healing up and he'll be good to go by the time the season starts.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I wonder if Winston has a personalty defect or something. He hasn't been able to stick on a team for whatever reason.

#1-Eric is the NFLPA president...that's going to help him for obvious reasons.
#2-Being strictly a Right OT & on the bad side of 30
#3-Fact is Eric has been released the last three seasons with three 3 different teams.
#4-Fact is Eric does tend to go where the $$$ is thrown in his direction.
#5-Eric has an over inflated self worth as a ORT with unusual high contract demands.
#6-Ravens need a ORT in a real bad way & they have thus far passed on Eric & all his demands.

One fact that could land him back in a NFC western team...... is ....Eric Winston had Rams Chris Long's number last season....he basically muted Long in both AZ games in 2013. I sure hope than Boudreau can develop a ORT from somewhere like Bond, Hooey, Person, Van Dyk or even a Barrett Jones so there is no reason to look hard @ Eric Winston.

moklerman

Warner-phile
tim-tebow-russian-team.jpg

Think of all the money the Rams would save on jerseys!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wouldn't mind seeing Eric Winston be given a shot. thoughts? What are the free agents left you guys would like to see be given a shot?

Winston reminds me of the movie major league..."Wish we had him three years ago?" "We did." "Oh, than I wish we had him five years ago!"

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You do like your FBs don't you? LOL

I think Memphis is a fan of Shotty's offense with a FB! Although I feel very strongly that Corey Harkey can play that role this season.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
These "no true FB" offenses do play hell with Madden though. One roster I saw had Kendricks as an FB.

That said, whenever I start a franchise, the first thing I do is sign a true FB.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I think Memphis is a fan of Shotty's offense with a FB! Although I feel very strongly that Corey Harkey can play that role this season.

Not only will Harkey do a good job in that role, but I also expect to see a healthy Kendricks back in that role some this year as well. Kendricks was very good as a wham and lead blocker in 2012, but his injury set him back, missing the majority of training camp in 2013. They tried to put him back in that role too soon, and he showed he just wasn't the same player. Timing was off, and he hadn't gotten enough reps through the preseason to be effective once they went back to the power running game.

I can see both of them being interchangeable in the FB/H-Back role this year, with Harkey actually getting more reps as an in-line TE.

Memphis Ram

Legend
You do like your FBs don't you? LOL

Yep. I prefer a strong lead blocker who is also a threat to run the football if the RB splits out. Whenever that happens now, everyone on defense, in the stands, and at home know it's a passing play.