Our Cruise Ship Caught On FIRE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Glad everyone is ok....
Traveling seems to be an adventure with you....or just hanging out on the 4th of July.
Hire someone to follow you around with a handheld or two and you would have a better reality show than 90% of whats on TV.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad everyone is ok....
Traveling seems to be an adventure with you....or just hanging out on the 4th of July.
Hire someone to follow you around with a handheld or two and you would have a better reality show than 90% of whats on TV.

Ain't that the truth. I'd be OK with a little less crazzzzzy for a.while though.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Our friends who are still on the cruise ship just checked in. They had a good day fishing... no man in the blue suit though... but are have some fresh tuna (sushi) that they just caught.

They said that now they have to head back to their burned up ship that smells just horrible almost everywhere inside. They plan on drinking through it... Hahaha

Apparently the captain moved into our cabin. Ha. His was down in the lower decks where the smell is even worse.

I'm sitting in the lobby of the MRI place waiting my turn. Sigh.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I saw you guys on the news this morning , were you one of the ones on the deck wearing a red life vest ?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I saw you guys on the news this morning , were you one of the ones on the deck wearing a red life vest ?

Zoom in to confirm a Bieber tattoo on the arm... Then YES! It's Selassie!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Adventure seems to follow you. Have you considered questing for the lost arc of the covenant or similar?

lyieigwmjpb9oh36tjzu.jpg

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
That's sucks man, glad y'all weren't seriously hurt in the fire.

The wife and I cruise twice a year every year and we've never had an issue. We were even at sea in 2008 when all three of those hurricanes were wreaking havoc and we didn't feel so much as strong wind.

Hope your next vacation turns out better than this last one.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We were on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship that caught on fire coming into Jamaica this morning. It was insane. There were no casualties but some of the people in the engine rooms were taken off on stretchers. Flames were literally blowing out of the stacks about 20 ft in the air. The whole boat now smells like an electrical fire.

I was already having the trip from hell before this happened. Somehow I have developed a pinched nerve in my neck and it has caused me to have no feeling in my right thumb and pointer finger. It's also caused severe pain in my hand and 2 parts of my arm. The ship Doc actually sedated me all day yesterday. We couldn't fly out from Haiti yesterday so we had to arrange something out of JA today. We were lucky we scheduled this yesterday because everyone else on the boat is stuck.

Not sure what the boat is going to do... and we have friends still on board. Our flight leaves in about an hour. I'm sitting at the airport surrounded by my Brethren and I never got the chance to take in the local lifestyle.

I'll be heading out to several doctors when I get home. So much for R and R while on vacation.

OUR freaking SHIP WAS.ON FIRE! I still can't believe it.

Glad your home safe now....sounds like you had a typical BonifayRam vacation to me .....I should write a book on our family vacations on the road RV'ing out west ...makes the movie RV with Robin Williams look very normal!

…..

Legend
Only George could title a thread "Our Crusie Ship Caught on FIRE" and you open it up to learn that its actually true!!!

Glad it wasnt worse! Sucks that you had to bail before you got to all your ports of call though. :-(

I think I'm packing a fire extinguisher for the upcoming St Louis trip, just in case. ;)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That's sucks man, glad y'all weren't seriously hurt in the fire.

The wife and I cruise twice a year every year and we've never had an issue. We were even at sea in 2008 when all three of those hurricanes were wreaking havoc and we didn't feel so much as strong wind.

Hope your next vacation turns out better than this last one.
Which cruise line do you use? The wife and I often get two in a year also. Maybe we could get a RAMS cruise up but I don't know if we could invite Selassie. That dude is a little like Schleprock. :p
schleprock.jpg

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Which cruise line do you use? The wife and I often get two in a year also. Maybe we could get a RAMS cruise up but I don't know if we could invite Selassie. That dude is a little like Schleprock. :p
schleprock.jpg
Lol - we cruise Carnival mostly, but we are doin a European cruise with Royal Caribbean in Sept 2016. If a Rams cruise get's put together we'd be there.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
My wife would never set foot on a cruise ship. This just gave her one more reason.
You gotta look at the statistics, kinda like flyin. There are very few incidents, but when they happen they always make front page news. Its actually really safe

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Our friends made it back from the flaming cruise this morning. They were able to do everything as planned. The only complaint was that the smell in the entire ship was terrible and never went away until they got off the damn thing this morning.

The news reports I've seen really did some damage control for the cruise industry. There were plumes of flames shooting out of the stacks on the ship at least 30 ft into the air. I showed our friends the newspaper article when they dropped off my truck this morning and they were laughing at how the extent of the fire was minimized.

Despite the smell, they had a great rest of their cruise and I was happy to hear it. I guess we're all getting some kind of partial refund check due to the whole deal. I will say that the Royal Caribbean staff was top notch in every way... their medical staff did a wonderful job for me.

Meanwhile... I found out yesterday that I will be having surgery on 2 herniated disks on Aug 6th. Apparently it is the exact same procedure that Peyton Manning had this last time. My pain is under control with some meds in the meantime. I'm still kinda in shock about it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Our friends made it back from the flaming cruise this morning. They were able to do everything as planned. The only complaint was that the smell in the entire ship was terrible and never went away until they got off the damn thing this morning.

The news reports I've seen really did some damage control for the cruise industry. There were plumes of flames shooting out of the stacks on the ship at least 30 ft into the air. I showed our friends the newspaper article when they dropped off my truck this morning and they were laughing at how the extent of the fire was minimized.

Despite the smell, they had a great rest of their cruise and I was happy to hear it. I guess we're all getting some kind of partial refund check due to the whole deal. I will say that the Royal Caribbean staff was top notch in every way... their medical staff did a wonderful job for me.

Meanwhile... I found out yesterday that I will be having surgery on 2 herniated disks on Aug 6th. Apparently it is the exact same procedure that Peyton Manning had this last time. My pain is under control with some meds in the meantime. I'm still kinda in shock about it.
Hate to hear that man. Heal fast, you got a date in the middle of September to make!

And yeah, funny how news reports get modified for big business.