Oscar Taveras Dies in Car Accident

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Volnerman08

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jeff PassanVerified account ‏@JeffPassan 24m24 minutes ago
Can now confirm: Oscar Taveras, 22, has died in a car accident in the Dominican Republic. Just awful.

Bob NightengaleVerified account ‏@BNightengale 30m30 minutes ago
Oscar Taveras' agent is telling news reporters in the Dominican that Oscar Taveras was killed in a car wreck. Horrible. #STLCards.

Rams0307

I'm in shock as well. Really sad news, the kid had a bright future.

Athos

Legend
I'm gutted up and sickened. That's just awful, terrible news. And his GF was with him as well. That just makes you sick.

Suddenly, I realize how much the Rams issues don't even fucking matter one iota. It's just a goddamned game in the long run.

Tragic. I still can't even process it as fact. I got to see him live and bat one game in Cincy a few weeks ago. Seems like yesterday now. This is gonna bum the rest of my week out.

Volnerman08

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just saw that his GF died in the accident as well. So so sad....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm in tears over this. Two promising young lives cut far too short.

I hope Oscar and his girlfriend can both rest in peace.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oh my fate...his girlfriend was only eighteen... I feel like I had my heart ripped out. Nobody should ever have to die that young. Ever.

cracengl

Rookie
That's just sad all the way around. He certainly had the talent to be on top of the baseball world, he just hadn't put it together yet. If I'm not mistaken, he had a child too.

V3

Hall of Fame
Just shocked.

He and his girlfriend both die in a car accident. So sad. Puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

A55VA6

Legend
I'm not a fan of baseball, but that's terrible to see. Only 22 years old and had a bright life ahead of him. I'm only 23 and I can't even imagine that happening to me. RIP.

Last edited:

RamsFan14

Starter
It's sickening, so terrible... Only a year older then me too, it's crazy thinking how life can be taken away so quickly... Just not fair... Sports don't mean jack s*** right now! RIP, Oscar Taveras

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Saddens me ,his future was promising , he'd worked hard for it, RIP