orlando pace HOF snub

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
IMO, it sucks for now that Pace and Warner didn't make the cut... but they'll get there eventually. And when they do, no one will care that they weren't "first ballot".

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
IMO, it sucks for now that Pace and Warner didn't make the cut... but they'll get there eventually. And when they do, no one will care that they weren't "first ballot".

I'm thinking it's a plot.. But I'll leave it at that.. :cool:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Both will make it eventually, I believe.

You got to admit;

Pace's career ended / deteriorated earlier than ideal.

Warner was a late bloomer.

Neither had exceptional longevity, otherwise they would have been locks.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Outrageous. Pace should be the definition of "first ballot HOF'er".

Nah, too many holdouts and he spent a few years taking the first two or three games to get in game shape.

He had amazing talent, but a bad head and shitty agents.

He wasn't even the top guy during his career, maybe not even top 3.

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
Both will make it eventually, I believe.

You got to admit;

Pace's career ended / deteriorated earlier than ideal.

Warner was a late bloomer.

Neither had exceptional longevity, otherwise they would have been locks.
Hey CGI, how ya doin bud? I'm wondering if Pace holding out and holding the Rams hostage with all those late camps had something to do with the media's vote?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
:eek:.... :eek:.....:eek:.... :confused:....:sick:...:palm:...:eek:.... :palm:
:palm:

What a disgrace to one of the best LT's ever.

Big Unit

UDFA
This tops it off. Yet another embarrassment.

By far, the NFL has had the worst public relations year in the history of professional sports. All that's left is a Super Bowl between my two least-favorite teams; in the home of St. Louis' former team. Then, a further coverup of the Patriots' misdeeds by the commissioner.

The only redemption is that, should the Patriots win, it will complete an easy and well-deserved narrative; they cheated and won; didn't cheat and lost; then cheated and won again. I don't care how talented a team is; if they don't play by the rules, they challenge the foundation of their sport and don't qualify for greatness. The Patriots did it to themselves; and best of all, there is NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Will Shields would have to go in before Pace, considering he was a finalist in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Leaving out the Super Bowls, Shields missed one game in his entire career and was a 12-time Pro-Bowler. Pace will get his due, but not this year.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Hey CGI, how ya doin bud? I'm wondering if Pace holding out and holding the Rams hostage with all those late camps had something to do with the media's vote?

Big Walt missed like three training camps in a row.

Will Shields kept Orlando out this year. Willie Roaf (11 Pro Bowls, two all-decade teams) had to wait a year too, it's disappointing but not that big of a deal. Orlando can easily get in next year.

rams1991

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Bettis should have waited. His numbers aren't all that spectacular but he's an analyst and still in the public eye, so that helps

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
Big Walt missed like three training camps in a row.

Will Shields kept Orlando out this year. Willie Roaf (11 Pro Bowls, two all-decade teams) had to wait a year too, it's disappointing but not that big of a deal. Orlando can easily get in next year.
Absolutely, the big fella is a shoe in to the hall. He helped save Kurt's life for a few years anyways : )

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hate that Pace didn't make it, But Shields was do. But then again so was Greene!