One month post FA mock draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Hey guys been awhile! I'm sure it's safe to say if your like me and thinking a bit about what the hell we are going to do with our OL and with what Fisher and Snead are likely going to do to address our weaknesses to put us over the top in our division. I also have taken into consideration that we are not willing to spend a lot for FA's so think we are more and likely going to save some money and sign just our class and use all that money next season for all of our FA's coming up. So with no further adue here is what I've cooked up after much brain storming thinking what Les and Fish will do....

1. FA- No further starter caliber signings.

2. NFL Draft-
With Cleveland wanting to make a big splash and do something with the wasted picks they've had in recent years and pick up two quality players Cleveland trades up from #19 to #10 giving us the #43 pick as compensation to move up to have a pick at #10 and #12 to pick 2 solid game changers.

RAMS SELECTIONS:

1st Round
#19 pick-
T.J.Clemmings OT Pittsburgh

tom-savage-jeremiah-attaochu-t.j.-clemmings-ncaa-football-pittsburgh-georgia-tech1.jpg

While I'm not overly excited drafting a RT to start after our last first round RT debacle ( Jason 'I'm hurt' Smith) Clemmings at #19 will be a hell of a deal given his talent, power, athleticism, and abundance to grow into a great RT. IMO he fits a tough, physical, and great run blocking game Snisher covets in a player with a nasty streak.

2nd round
#41- Laken Tomlinson G Duke
hi-res-d6e8fe6f2db81969c3ddc4d9f867b703_crop_north.jpg

Something about Laken really makes me think that's Bou could do wonders with him. He's very powerful and if we are in a straight forward run game situation he excels in the phone booth type match ups. He does need to improve on secondary assignment pickups and more being effective out in space. This is a good value pick up for us and we take him right before the guard needing Falcons select. He didn't allow a sack in his last two years of play which is a plus as well!

2nd Round
# 43 -
Hroniss Grasu C Oregon
00003440086636.jpg

I don't think I've really heard or read anything damning about his weaknesses that throw huge red flags out to me. He was out 3 games last year hurting his leg which seems fine now but did start 52 games at Oregon, all at center. Grasu isn't going to kill you with his strength or isn't considered a road grader but rather has enough functional strength and movement skills to work into our offensive philosophy. His NFL comparison is Max Unger. IF nothing else check this out and tell me you don't like the kid!
"Grasu's mother qa a star goalie for the Romanian handball team and his father was a stunt man specializing in dangerous horsemanship. "I think of what they must have gone through, and it makes me appreciate them even more," Grasu said of his family's dangerous escape from Romania. "Everything I do is to put a smile on their face and to show how much I appreciate them." Grasu injured his leg last November and missed three games. "The medics need to weigh in on the long-term stability of Grasu's leg, but when he was healthy, that fast, fluid athletic ability was obvious," Cooney wrote. "Mature beyond his years, this is the kind of leader every team wants in the locker room."

Trade with Detroit Lions pick #54 for future 2016 Philadelphia Eagle 2nd round pick and Rams 2015 7th round 227th pick.

2nd Round
#54 -
Dorial Green-Beckham WR Missouri
dorial-green-beckham-ncaa-football-murray-state-missouri.jpg

With the current situation of DGB falling Snisher make the call and moves up to land DGB without losing anything they didn't have before the Foles trade. Fisher's history with troubled players I think the 2nd round (Janoris Jenkins) could be a nice time to go snag DGB with Fisher believing he could get him set on the right direction with this troubled WR. He obviously has the raw skill set and would probably do good sitting for the first 4 games or so learning the route tree correctly and playbook. Imagine what ol Kenny Britt could do working with him? lol This kid reminds me a lot like a Dez Bryant.

3rd Round
#72-
Garrett Grayson QB Colorado St.
promo237367103

Grayson to me is a intriguing prospect that would be well suited to sit behind Foles and learn to develop into a nice backup and future starter without over drafting. His decision making, delivery speed, and locking on a target need to be stopped and/or improved for him to take that big next step. If you watch his videos his velocity and accuracy on those long balls are pretty damn good! Plus, he already looks good in horns wouldn't you say? Haha

4th Round
#119-
Justin Cox CB Miss. State
0ap3000000431860.jpg

Ok let's this get this out the way, yes he was kicked of the Miss State football team for a domestic/burglary. He did however post 4.36 speed at the combine, has very good hand eye coordination, good ball hawking and coverage skills. He's more of a home run or strike out kind of prospect but I love his upside and remember him from watching a game on TV where he did a damned good job. His on the field bad side is he doesn't shy from contact but is more of a leg grabber type of tackler.

6th Round
# 215 -
Josh Robinson RB Miss State

Mississippi%20St%20Kentucky%20Football-1.jpg

I won't sit here and lie to you that I've been researching late round RB prospects like some might have you think they do but from reading up on and watching a few short clips of Robinson he sure as hell seems like someone I'd like to throw into or mix of backfield roster candidates come summer time! BTW read this description of him:
"Compact muscular frame, allowing him to run low to the ground with good vision. Effective short-yardage runner and does a nice job of picking and sliding inside. Fights for tough yards and breaks arm tackles and always run with a forward lean. Just enough bob and weave in his game to keep defenders honest.
Catches the football extremely well with a good feel for the passing game. Durable back with little wear and tear. Type of back who gets better with more carries. Rushed for 800 yards in a six-game stretch, averaging 17.8 carries per game between Week 2 and 7, for 133.3 yards per game. Over the final six games, Robinson's carries dipped to 11.5 per game and he rushed for only 316 yards and averaged 52.6 yards per game. A poor man's Ray Rice in the style of play he brings the next level. "

So there we go, My how should we call it? Secsy draft 1.0! lol
I'd be proud as a Rams fan to welcome this incoming rookie class to Rams Park.... wouldn't you? :)

If you have any thoughts on my draft whether you think I need to go blow on a Breathalyzer or need to be promoted to Les Sneads errand/coffee boy let me know! haha

Last edited:

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Dude if this actually happened Id nut in my pants instantly! Lol

jjab360

Legend
Wait, why would the Lions trade a second round pick for a future second round pick and a 7th round pick this year? They'd probably do it for a future first, but otherwise that makes zero sense..

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Can't imagine 3 Olineman with the first 3 picks but I personally would love it.

Not a Grayson fan but I like everything else. Well done

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Love it! except for the part about Clemmings (n)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Too many question marks for me. Can Clemmings really develop mentally and how long does it take? DGB is a risky pick and ads a bad character guy to the team, ditto for Cox. The team has enough questionable character guys, how many can they get before going the wrong way?

I am not crazy about Grasu too.

I like Tomlinson and Robinson. But Robinson looks a lot like Bennie to me, just runs a bit harder. So why draft more of the same?

If it all worked out with the three question marks then sure, it would be good. But too much risk in one draft for my liking.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Wait, why would the Lions trade a second round pick for a future second round pick and a 7th round pick this year? They'd probably do it for a future first, but otherwise that makes zero sense..

Hey. It's a Rams message board. All mock draft trades are going to be slanted toward the good guys.:D

BTW, I doubt the first trade happens either, but at least it would be more fair. Of course, the Browns actually being interested would be the other concern there though.

lockdnram21

Legend
Dont think neither DgB or Grayson will be on board where u picked them. Dgb might not be on board when we pick in 2nd round

Athos

Legend
DGB is wishful thinking at 54.

He'd have to fail a lot of pre-draft interviews for that to happen.

No thanks on Grasu and hell naw on Cox.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Even dropping to #19 I think we'll have better options than Clemmings, not that he's a Bad choice, I just think he wouldn't be the BEST O-Lineman their, or BPA, at #19!

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Dont think neither DgB or Grayson will be on board where u picked them. Dgb might not be on board when we pick in 2nd round

yea you don't know how players will fall in the draft but I like the heavy on ol and early qb idea.