Old School throwing darts mock offseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
HC: Kyle Shannahan
OC: Rick Dennison (the ties to Shanny are too obvious to not put him here)
DC: Gus Bradley (not a huge fan myself but he has a resume)
ST: John Fassel

They go with the young hot OC and put his dad in the front office to work with Snead who's working out his 2 year extension.

Cuts
Lance Kendricks
Eugene Sims
Tim Barnes
Tre Mason
Roger Saffold
David Arkin

These cuts save us about $18.5 million in cap space for 2017 to go with our $44 million in cap space.

Free Agents
Re-sign Greg Zeurlein 3 years $7 million
Dominique Easley RFA tender
Ethan Westbrooks RFA tender

Pierre Garcon 3 years $21 Million (seems to be a number thrown around for him)
6_4088005.jpg

Garcon comes in and provides a #1 WR who can run all the routes and most importantly catch the ball when it's thrown to him.

Kendall Wright 2 years $3.5 million
wright600-091315.jpg

Wright comes in on a two year prove it deal after having some injury and production problems. Shame that once the Titans finally got an NFL QB his production declined but the Rams save some money because of it.

J.C. Tretter 5 years $32.5 million (borrowed number)
MnZwrk_H.jpeg

I'm bringing in a guy Jrry has been high on but unlike Jrry I'm gonna keep him at Center and find another solution for LT.

Kevini Zeitler 4 years $10 million
66727381.jpg

Zeitler comes in and mans the LG position for us. At 26 the 5 year starter comes in and solidifies our interior line along with Tretter.

A.J. Bouye 4 years $35 million
_2Kgs-DN.jpg

Bouye had a great year for the Texans so this might not be enough to get him to come over. He would come in and fill the void left by not resigning TruJo.

Draft
Second Round pick #5 - LT Garret Bolles Utah
Bolles is only a 1 year starter at Utah but anchored a very good OLine there this past season. Having watched a few of his games the guy has technique and the physique (needs to add some power but almost all draft picks along each line need this) to succeed in the NFL.

Third round pick #5 - CB Kevin King - Washington
King was the #2 corner at Washington and he's not the best in run support but has the size and decent speed to be a good #2 corner in the NFL.

Fourth round pick #5 - WR Artavis Scott - Clemson
I'm a pretty big Clemson fan so this is a bit of a homer pick but I love Scott in the middle rounds. Not the biggest guy at 5-11 but has had a very productive career at Clemson.

Fourth round pick #38 CB Channing Stribling - Michigan
Double dipping early at CB here. Stribling again has good size and decent speed and provides good cover skills. Prior to their bowl loss he was targeted 38 times and yielded 11 catches breaking up 6 and intercepting 3 (borrowed stats). He and King come in together like Fisher did with TruJo and JJ to grow together as our future starting corners.

Fifth round pick #5 DE Dawuane Smoot - Illinois
A nice late round DE project with good speed and good hand work.

Sixth round pick #5 OG Ben Braded - Michigan
Big bodied strong man to come in and develop and build strength at Guard.

Sixth round pick #38 FS John Johnson - Boston College
Might be too late for Johnson but if he's here this is a nice value pick. Very good center fielder who will backup Joyner there, also good depth on ST.

Seventh round pick #5 Jamaal Williams RB - BYU
Benny and Chase are free agents I don't have coming back. Williams is a big back 6'2" 220lbs. Good speed and agility and had a couple productive years for BYU. He'll add depth behind Gurley, Brown and Aaron Green.

Depth Chart

QB: Goff, Mannion
RB: Gurley, Brown, Green, Williams
WR: Garcon, Mike Thomas
WR: Wright, Scott, Marquez
WR: Austin, Cooper
TE: Higbee, Hemingway
LT: Bolles, Robinson, Murphy
LG: Zeitler, Brown
C: Tretter, Rhaney
RG: Robinson, Brown, Wichman competition
RT: Havenstein, Donnall

DE: Quinn, Smoot
DT: Donald, Easley
DT: Brockers, Cam Thomas
DE: Hayes, Westbrook
OLB: Forrest, Littleton
MLB: Ogletree, Hager
OLB: Barron
CB: Bouye, Gaines
CB: King, Jordan, Hill
CB: Stribling, Countess
FS: Joyner, Davis, J. Johnson
SS: Alexander, I Johnson

That's 52 and I don't have GZ, Hekker or McQuaide listed so a few of those will end up on the PS. I was bored this morning waiting for Arsenal to start and the NFL playoffs and thought I'd throw this together. Tear it apart let me know what you think, does this show promise or should I just keep posting in the booty and booby threads?

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you have a spot for Nelson Spruce? I prefer him over Marquez.
I imagine he is battling Marquez in camp. Marquez is a demon on special teams as we know so I gave him the initial nod over Spruce and McRoberts.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
ALL MOCKS ARE GOOD MOCKS OLE SCHOOL! Great ideas at OT (love Bolles too!) and the corners...Sure we could squeeze a real LB in there...move Barron back to SS. Not spending a penny on a FA wr. and don't need to bring back Britt either. Draft baby! All in the draft. I just read we have 3 comp picks probably (3rd, 4th, and 6th)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ALL MOCKS ARE GOOD MOCKS OLE SCHOOL! Great ideas at OT (love Bolles too!) and the corners...Sure we could squeeze a real LB in there...move Barron back to SS. Not spending a penny on a FA wr. and don't need to bring back Britt either. Draft baby! All in the draft. I just read we have 3 comp picks probably (3rd, 4th, and 6th)
Thanks! Our 3rd is going to the Titans as part of the trade and we keep our 3rd.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it, but I have to ask: Is that a typo on Zeitler? He's one of the best OGs in the game. His teammate, Clint Boling, got 5 years $26 million a couple years ago. Boling is an above average LG. Zeitler is elite. He's likely going to get offered at least $8 million per year. My guess for his contract will be 5 years $40 million to $50 million (comparisons: Mike Iupati and David DeCastro).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it, but I have to ask: Is that a typo on Zeitler? He's one of the best OGs in the game. His teammate, Clint Boling, got 5 years $26 million a couple years ago. Boling is an above average LG. Zeitler is elite. He's likely going to get offered at least $8 million per year. My guess for his contract will be 5 years $40 million to $50 million (comparisons: Mike Iupati and David DeCastro).
Yeah thanks it was supposed to be 4/40 I had the 10 a year on the mind. If I remember my calculations right this put us spending about 40million of our cap leaving room to increase some if needed to land the players and leaving room for signing bonuses this year on an extension for Donald.

TexasRam

Legend
I like the way all you guys think. First priority in Free agency is two pro bowl level Olineman, followed by a lineman in our first pick of the draft.

I hope Ram Brass is thinking the same way.

Next priority becomes CB. I personally am not spending my money on a free agent WR unless it's a #1 WR type like Alshon. Dallas has had a great offense all year without Dez or a #1 WR. When you dominate the LOS there are many ways to score.

Personally I am keeping Saffold. Though he still gets knicked up He appears to be healing up from major injury and turned in a solid year, let's not create another hole to fill at Oline.