Ok F this time for a freak out thread!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I'm sitting here worried the more and more I look at it and reading our threads and comments with hopes and prayers we do something... and nothing..?! WTH? I've never once blinked at Fisher, Snead's or Demoff's decisions but I'm soooo surprised we didn't do anything to plug up some holes with talent that was out there with just one move. Anyone else feel like this or am I being a woman about things? :)

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I fucking spent 6 and a half hours refreshing multiple tabs in google chrome just to be let down. I didn't want to spend all our money, but I did want to pick up one of the safeties. Didn't get shit.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I freaking spent 6 and a half hours refreshing multiple tabs in google chrome just to be let down. I didn't want to spend all our money, but I did want to pick up one of the safeties. Didn't get crap.
6 hours? Shiiiiit...I did that for about 6 days #WhileWaitingForJake.

tbux

Rookie
You're being a woman- no offense. Day one guys are usually overpriced- like we did last couple years. Still many players out there- we don't have to have the tier one 8-10 mil a yr guys to be fine. A lot of quality fa's out there- and we have very competent people running the show. We will be all good. Be patient. Odds are we end up with unsexy names, but quality players that can play. Draft is where we want to get our studs, not FA. that is the way to do it.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're being a woman- no offense. Day one guys are usually overpriced- like we did last couple years. Still many players out there- we don't have to have the tier one 8-10 mil a yr guys to be fine. A lot of quality fa's out there- and we have very competent people running the show. We will be all good. Be patient. Odds are we end up with unsexy names, but quality players that can play. Draft is where we want to get our studs, not FA. that is the way to do it.
Yes that makes sense BUT there was still Day 1 guys like Geoff Schartz with the Giants 4 mill and Verner just over 6 mill or so that have good talent and resonably priced to! as I stated wth?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I want to win NOW but Snead and Fisher are looking towards building something lasting for the future. That's why they get the big bucks and the rest of us do this for free. Still...:seizure:

Sum1

Hall of Fame

I heard Bill Polian on the radio today make this analogy...Free agency, paying Neiman Marcus price for Macy's merchandise.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want to win NOW but Snead and Fisher are looking towards building something lasting for the future. That's why they get the big bucks and the rest of us do this for free. Still...:seizure:
Shit we arent getting paid a few mill to do this? I'm going to get laid... laters!:effemine:

Rockman

UDFA
Let's not turn this into the Stl Today board. Calm down. The 10 million guys are over paid. You can't build a winner like that. I don't want to go all Bernie on the chicken littles!!!

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Honestly, I think Fisher/Snead may not have tried as hard, being confident that they'll sign who they wanted, underestimating the possibility of them going to someone else. But I'll think this a wake up call, and they'll sign someone for the line (we CANNOT afford to go into the draft with the line like this).

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's not turn this into the Stl Today board. Calm down. The 10 million guys are over paid. You can't build a winner like that. I don't want to go all Bernie on the chicken littles!!!

Those are fighting words round these parts

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Oh, you need to go check it out over there...at first you think it's funny...then you are in disbelief...then you are just pissed off that people claim to be Rams fans with the nonsense they post.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Honestly, I think Fisher/Snead may not have tried as hard, being confident that they'll sign who they wanted, underestimating the possibility of them going to someone else. But I'll think this a wake up call, and they'll sign someone for the line (we CANNOT afford to go into the draft with the line like this).
I think you may be right in thinking that players moved much quicker and more fluidly than anticipated.

Looking at it from an optimistic point of view in Snishers 2 years we've signed 4 big time free agents:

Finnegan - Cut
Wells - People begging for him to be cut
Long - People want to draft a LT in the top 6 this year
Cook - massive disappointment

Meanwhile we've signed a couple of low cost free agents who have turned out to be much better signings.

Well if they don't have a winning season this year I'd want them gone, everyone else only gets 3 years (if they're lucky).

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Well if they don't have a winning season this year I'd want them gone, everyone else only gets 3 years (if they're lucky).
And, at least in my opinion, pressing the reset button every few years will ensure we never get out of the doldrums. Especially if there's valid reasons to not blame the coach/GM for at least one of those three years.

I had hoped that signing Fisher to a longer contract in the first place meant that Fisher had a longer leash. Continuity is important to a team.

And, at least in my opinion, pressing the reset button every few years will ensure we never get out of the doldrums. Especially if there's valid reasons to not blame the coach/GM for at least one of those three years.

I had hoped that signing Fisher to a longer contract in the first place meant that Fisher had a longer leash. Continuity is important to a team.

Has a coach GM partnership ever had 3 consecutive losing seasons and survived?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Has a coach GM partnership ever had 3 consecutive losing seasons and survived?
I don't know off hand... but would you fire them if they went 7-9 again this year given the toughness of the division?

I've always been a big believer that W-L records themselves don't tell the whole story. A losing record only tells you that there's a problem, not that the coach or the QB or whoever is necessarily the cause of it.