Official Training Camp Thread - Day Two!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wish you could slow them down a little. They are so fast it is hard to see everything. My wife has a Sony camera that takes 11 shots per second. That thing is sweet.

OK, good point. I will slow them in future GIFs.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
For example it used to irritate the hell out of me that Kellen Clemens would scramble around in thud drills and bail on the rep and cost everyone a chance to practice. Foles does move and drift a lot but he keeps his eyes downfield for the most part to try and deliver a pass

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
"I get that everyone is on Tavon because of his draft status but man Bailey to me just out shines him. Why Bailey doesn't get more looks is beyond me. He runs good routes and just knows how to catch the ball.
Watching Tavon return punts I was shaking my head. It's like he cant grasp North and South he is always high stepping and what I like to call jitter bugging. With his speed I wish he would get in behind his blockers and just go, instead of jitter bugging east and west. I was more impressed with Rodriguez returning punts. My love for Tavon is fading."

^^^^ THIS

paceram

Pro Bowler
Sorry if I missed this information but can anyone give me any early opinions on WR Isiah Ferguson? Does he have a legitimate shot at making the final roster? He sure seems to have the physical traits to cause some major concerns/headaches for opposing DB's! I know he comes from a small college and he probably has a lot of catching up to do but if he can develop he could turn out to be a real Diamond-In-The-Rough type player for the Rams (At, least in my opinion).

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Sorry if I missed this information but can anyone give me any early opinions on WR Isiah Ferguson? Does he have a legitimate shot at making the final roster? He sure seems to have the physical traits to cause some major concerns/headaches for opposing DB's! I know he comes from a small college and he probably has a lot of catching up to do but if he can develop he could turn out to be a real Diamond-In-The-Rough type player for the Rams (At, least in my opinion).

He caught my eyes really quick the first with his size and speed. He did not get many reps the first day that I saw, but then again I was watching the linemen almost constantly.

Yesterday I did notice he is late getting his hands up and ready to catch the ball....its a coachable development thing though

RamzFanz

Damnit
For example it used to irritate the hell out of me that Kellen Clemens would scramble around in thud drills and bail on the rep and cost everyone a chance to practice. Foles does move and drift a lot but he keeps his eyes downfield for the most part to try and deliver a pass

I was thinking that too. That he holds the ball just to get opportunities for everyone on the field. I mentioned he is holding it too long, but that may change completely when they put on pads.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
And I do check in from time to time. Two years ago I made a decision to semi retire from the message boards. My youngest son, the one who keeps dodging my Periscope broadcasts is 17 and now a senior in high school. I just found I did not have as much time or energy to devote to it. I am a single father and he comes first even over the Rams and the rest of sports passions.

If anyone wants to come up and say hi today I always sit on the hill where the offensive line runs that hill drill.
And there is my buddy right on cue (y)

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Hey Don....twitter is just easier for me to manage my time on is what it comes down to......but I will always check in from time to time here.....CGI, DRRam and X are great buddies and do a really good job with this forum

ram007

Starter
Quick is looking great, considering. No idea where you got that as a negative. I would sum him up as being handled with kid gloves, no contact, but catching everything that comes his way, good throw or not. He's back making impressive adjustments to the ball he wasn't able to do before last season.

Austin? Austin has been nothing but good. We talked about not liking him on the outside, but that's a size thing mostly. He's made some incredible catches.

My negatives with this tiny sample size would be Davis, Keenum, the centers and Givens.

My positives are much like yours but I would add in Quinn, Cook, Quick, Bailey, and Kendricks.

Foles is also a positive, but he needs to get rid of the ball faster.

The extent of Quick's injury, as quoted by Fisher, has concerned me. So I included it as negative.

Spike14

UDFA
Name
Spike14
"I get that everyone is on Tavon because of his draft status but man Bailey to me just out shines him. Why Bailey doesn't get more looks is beyond me. He runs good routes and just knows how to catch the ball.
Watching Tavon return punts I was shaking my head. It's like he cant grasp North and South he is always high stepping and what I like to call jitter bugging. With his speed I wish he would get in behind his blockers and just go, instead of jitter bugging east and west. I was more impressed with Rodriguez returning punts. My love for Tavon is fading."

^^^^ THIS
Totally agree with your observation. Wouldn't you think that the "East-West" jitterbugging thing would have been coached out of Austin by now? It's his 3rd friggin' year!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Totally agree with your observation. Wouldn't you think that the "East-West" jitterbugging thing would have been coached out of Austin by now? It's his 3rd friggin' year!
Thing is, it works for him. Look at his averages on returns. Take a look at his touchdowns.

Only Deanthony Thomas had more returns of 20+ yards and it was by 1. Otherwise Tavon's return numbers are up there with all the best, that includes Hester over the last few years, Sproles and Jarvis Landry.

I agree wholeheartedly that the receiving aspect needs to improve, and I'm confident it will. Let's not pretend the guy doesn't hold value to the team though.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Hey Don....twitter is just easier for me to manage my time on is what it comes down to......but I will always check in from time to time here.....CGI, DRRam and X are great buddies and do a really good job with this forum
I don't have a whole lot to do with this forum anymore, can't take any credit there. The guys that run it, do a great job. This is the ONLY forum that I frequent. I just contribute when I can. You have your priorities straight. I too, was a single father when my boy was growing up. Props to you on that, I know how hard it is.

Thanks for dropping by, and doing what you do. Every tidbit that we get from you is awesome, and totally appreciated. You have a great eye. Any continuing insight on the offensive line, or sleeper players would be welcomed by all here. Take care, Jim.

Spike14

UDFA
Name
Spike14
Thing is, it works for him. Look at his averages on returns. Take a look at his touchdowns.

Only Deanthony Thomas had more returns of 20+ yards and it was by 1. Otherwise Tavon's return numbers are up there with all the best, that includes Hester over the last few years, Sproles and Jarvis Landry.

I agree wholeheartedly that the receiving aspect needs to improve, and I'm confident it will. Let's not pretend the guy doesn't hold value to the team though.
I'll concede to that. Although, of his 391 punt return yards, 78 came on 1 return. Still his 11.2 yard average return placed him 5th in the NFL. So, it DOES work for him. I'd still like to see him "cut and go" more frequently with his blazing speed.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And that's with touchdowns and big time returns being wiped away from him

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. It really makes a big difference for all of us that can't be there. (y)(y)(y)