Official Training Camp Thread - Day Two!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They mentioned that the Rams don't have any players like Brady or Gronk.

Patriots fans living in St. Louis? What?

Quinn and Donald are both younger and right now better than Brady and Gronk IMO. After Brady and Gronk do the Patriots have any stars? I just spent a week with a young camper who was a Patriots fan. Boy do they start them early with the delusional stuff. He never even heard the term Cheatriots, Shady Brady, Belicheat. He was a real know it all too. He liked to talk smack about everyone else's teams but got real pissed if other campers got words in against the Pats. Of course I helped them others out a bit with a few slams whispered in their ears(y).

I wish the crowd would have pounced on those two guys and gave them a royal beating so that they never come back.

V3

Hall of Fame
who has caught your eye the most this camp that might break out. wether its a rookie OL holding his own or a vet on either side of the ball. any thoughts? recievers? how about Foles and his accuracy and pocket presence, although its nothing like gameday. I'm sure its a bitch looking through binoculars
I'd wait at least a week or so before expecting any meaningful "breakout" player performances. I have to temper myself, as well, at times. That's usually the thing I like to hear about the most; who's turning heads or who's coming out of nowhere. I just don't think anyone really knows yet.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Patriots fans living in St. Louis? What?
056610062797d3b5c304a144243c3772980c46b39e24a28ac8f3991033c21c92.jpg

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Positive? What part of this was positive?

>>both coacho and myself were disappointed with Foles athleticism and speed in going though his progessions....not awful but was hoping for more<<

Was referring to the tweets directly before that post

rams2050

Starter
I liked Rodriguez from the moment I read about him in JT's column. My worries -- when a guy goes pedal to the metal all the time, like Amendola, he soon will be injured.

On the other hand, this guy knows that the Rams are betting on him. I don't expect him to bolt at the first hint of a (possibly) larger paycheck; that is, if and when he makes the team and is around long enough to get higher offers.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I keep on hearing glowing reports of Sean Mannion, is it that he looks good for a back up or does he look good full stop? Who's he throwing to? Is Foles clearly superior, is it close or could we be seeing a situation similar to what the Seahawks had with Wilson and Matt Flynn?

From my point of view I would say that for just TWO training camps with NO contact and NO pads, Mannion was as good as Foles. Keenum and Davis are distant thirds. But, it doesn't mean squat yet.

Who's he throwing to? Mannion and the others have rotated in with the ones, so the same as Foles. Other times they are throwing to the also rans.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
From my point of view I would say that for just TWO training camps with NO contact and NO pads, Mannion was as good as Foles. Keenum and Davis are distant thirds. But, it doesn't mean squat yet.

Who's he throwing to? Mannion and the others have rotated in with the ones, so the same as Foles. Other times they are throwing to the also rans.

Cheers for the info so Mannion to start game 1?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Isn't he also a ROD member. For some reason, I recall him coming here last year with a couple camp reports.
May have been someone else.
Jimi is/was on her ... but I know he has a really busy schedule. Probably doesn't spend a lot of time on the computer anymore ... meaning msg boards. I'm sure he will check in eventually.

RamzFanz

Damnit
This is what I surmised from 2 days of camp reports so far:

Positives:
Jamon Brown
Rob Havenstein
Sean Manion
Aaron Donald

Negatives
Quick (feel for Quick. hopefully he can get back to his top form he showed this year)
Center position
Tavon Austin - a bonafide punt returner

Center does sound like this years Achilles heel.

Still early days so fingers crossed.

Quick is looking great, considering. No idea where you got that as a negative. I would sum him up as being handled with kid gloves, no contact, but catching everything that comes his way, good throw or not. He's back making impressive adjustments to the ball he wasn't able to do before last season.

Austin? Austin has been nothing but good. We talked about not liking him on the outside, but that's a size thing mostly. He's made some incredible catches.

My negatives with this tiny sample size would be Davis, Keenum, the centers and Givens.

My positives are much like yours but I would add in Quinn, Cook, Quick, Bailey, and Kendricks.

Foles is also a positive, but he needs to get rid of the ball faster.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
And I do check in from time to time. Two years ago I made a decision to semi retire from the message boards. My youngest son, the one who keeps dodging my Periscope broadcasts is 17 and now a senior in high school. I just found I did not have as much time or energy to devote to it. I am a single father and he comes first even over the Rams and the rest of sports passions.

If anyone wants to come up and say hi today I always sit on the hill where the offensive line runs that hill drill.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
And I do check in from time to time. Two years ago I made a decision to semi retire from the message boards. My youngest son, the one who keeps dodging my Periscope broadcasts is 17 and now a senior in high school. I just found I did not have as much time or energy to devote to it. I am a single father and he comes first even over the Rams and the rest of sports passions.

If anyone wants to come up and say hi today I always sit on the hill where the offensive line runs that hill drill.
You do an incredible job. I know there are many Rams Fans, that deeply appreciate the time you put in with your live twitter feeds and updates.
Keep up the great work. It's definitely not in vain.
Very cool you take the time for your kids. Completely understand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
I am still going to mostly watch the Oline today but I am also going to try and catch this stuff about Foles' late release. Its hard in shells to get a feel for that because they are trying to not blow the rep and sometimes QB's hold onto the ball longer just to let the play run out.