Official Tailgate/recipe thread for SB.. What's on your menu?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I know it may be a bit late for this, but I'm trying some new things this year. Also looking for possible ideas.. Let's hear what's all on the ROD members menu?

Mine:
Chili: My Mrs. made chili on Friday morning after she got off work. Good idea by her. She did it then so the chili could blend together (marinade?). She doesn't do anything fancy, but we used homemade tomato juice, she uses plenty of onion and garlic, and some cumin besides chili powder.

Crockpot Wings. I got like 7.5 LBS of wings. I'll slow cook them in the crock starting tomorrow morning. Once they have cooked for awhile I'll drain roughly 2/3 broth/juices off of them and add a tad of beer and 1 cup of fresh minced garlic if not more. Once I feel they are 3/4 done, I'll add a doctored up version of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce to them. I add more fresh minced garlic, and about 1/4 cup of fresh local honey. I don't add any hot pepper powder as the Mrs. doesn't like hot food. I add the hot pepper when I get a plate of them. Feel free to add hot pepper powder to the sauce while cooking. It's even more Lerpen.

Jalapeno Poppers.. I have to use Jalapenos as I'm out of frozen Hungarians. Didn't freeze as many this year, as I pickled more of them. I cut them in half and don't remove the seeds and fiber.. This contains the most capsicum oil (heat). Mrs. doesn't eat these so I go full bore. I use 2 packages of cream cheese and 2 cups on Monterey Jack/Colby. Depends on how many you're making naturally. On these bad boys I will add caribbean powder or hotter to the cheese mix, especially with hungarians. Hungarians are a weird hot pepper. You the more you cook them the more the heat comes out of them, but yet to me they have a better flavor over a Jalapeno anyday. I digress. Wrap the little suckers with a half piece of bacon and bake until bacon is crisp to your taste. :cool:

I'll post more what I'm trying tomorrow later.. Meaning the appetizers.. Looking forward to seeing other ideas.. Peace.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Smoked pulled Chicken sandwiches. Smoked then braised in apple beer.
Made bbq sauce last weekend. It's in the smoker now.
Homemade slaw for the creamy crunch.