Official Rams vs. Chargers Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'd say Buffalo and the Titans too.
Texans.
Oakland will trade down to a team that wants a QB bad enough to mortgage it's future. The Jets will take the other if the Bucs don't. But the Bucs want one too. So that leaves 2nd round talent to be taken in the top ten.
No thanks. Either pay the price for the best or take a QB where his talent fits his draft position.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Andrew Luck
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Cam Newton
Sam Bradford

The rookie version of all those QBs on this team would be enough for playoff contention. Especially if we shore up the interior OL.

Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota could both get it done here well enough for us to make the playoffs. And imo, Winston has the ability to be truly great.
I thought the Rams were without a 4th and a 6th for 2015? If so, this isn't a simple case of just trading up. The picks we have left are more valuable than whatever the chart indicates.

Not sure where the 2015 class ranks but I don't see anyone that really compares to your list. If there was a 2015 version of Matt Ryan available, sure, go get 'em. But who are you saying compares? I don't see Luck, Newton, Bradford or even Flacco level prospects for 2015. I know you compare Winston to Roethlisberger so if one said that the Rams could get their own version of Roethlisberger in Winston, that'd be a no-brainer. Even worth a hefty cost perhaps. But I don't see it in him so it would be way more than I'd be willing to spend.

I mean, realistically if Winston even decides to declare, the Rams would have to move up to the #1 spot wouldn't they? The Jets, Titans, Buccaneers and possibly Redskins are all going to be ahead of the Rams and looking. If not the Raiders themselves(not that I'd give up on Carr but who knows with the Raiders?).

So, with what the Rams have to offer, what do you spend to get your guy?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As far as I'm concerned, we don't have a quarterback on our roster. Not one that we can legitimately count on to win games.

Fate, please fucking trade up to the number one slot and fucking take Mariota. I don't give a shit how much it costs us in terms of draft picks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought the Rams were without a 4th and a 6th for 2015? If so, this isn't a simple case of just trading up. The picks we have left are more valuable than whatever the chart indicates.

Not sure where the 2015 class ranks but I don't see anyone that really compares to your list. If there was a 2015 version of Matt Ryan available, sure, go get 'em. But who are you saying compares? I don't see Luck, Newton, Bradford or even Flacco level prospects for 2015. I know you compare Winston to Roethlisberger so if one said that the Rams could get their own version of Roethlisberger in Winston, that'd be a no-brainer. Even worth a hefty cost perhaps. But I don't see it in him so it would be way more than I'd be willing to spend.

I mean, realistically if Winston even decides to declare, the Rams would have to move up to the #1 spot wouldn't they? The Jets, Titans, Buccaneers and possibly Redskins are all going to be ahead of the Rams and looking. If not the Raiders themselves(not that I'd give up on Carr but who knows with the Raiders?).

So, with what the Rams have to offer, what do you spend to get your guy?

Mariota and Winston can do be effective enough passers as rookies to put the Rams in contention.

What do I offer? If I have to, I offer our 1st, 2nd, and 2016 1st to move up.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Texans.
Oakland will trade down to a team that wants a QB bad enough to mortgage it's future. The Jets will take the other if the Bucs don't. But the Bucs want one too. So that leaves 2nd round talent to be taken in the top ten.
No thanks. Either pay the price for the best or take a QB where his talent fits his draft position.
I pretty much agree BUT, neither Mariota or Winston have even made their intentions known much less actually declared for the draft. There are at least 3 teams in need of a QBOTF that will likely draft ahead of the Rams so I don't see how spending multiple picks by the Rams is any good for their future.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
And that's why I wanted to see what Davis could do earlier in the year. Most people already know what Hill is....nothing special. And no, the refs didn't cost us the game.
Hill might not be special but the REFS did cost us the game.And don't think I'm alone in that opinion either they screwed us bad.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Mariota and Winston can do be effective enough passers as rookies to put the Rams in contention.

What do I offer? If I have to, I offer our 1st, 2nd, and 2016 1st to move up.
I can only hope that you're speaking out of frustration because that would be just as bad as what Washington just did a couple of years ago. No WAY do I even entertain those thoughts. This team isn't deep enough to absorb that kind of hit to it's next two drafts.

Are you really that convinced of...wait, I was going to say Winston but you say you'd do it for either Winston OR Mariota. Jeez, jrry32, you're suggesting Raiders-like desperation moves here.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Why the fuck did schotty call a pass on 2nd and goal? Run the rock on 2nd down, if you dont score the D is gonna play pass on 3rd, run it again. If you dont score let Fisher decide if he wants to kick the chip shot for the tie or go for the win. What happened to the jet sweep that Tavon got 5 or more yards on every fuckin time? Very dissapointing to see poor play calling doom the team after fighting their way back into it. Hill should have been in a position to make that poor decision, run the ball, that is the identity that Fisher wants and in my opinoin would have been the only option in that situation. A run either scores or keeps the clock moving.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Hill might not be special but the REFS did cost us the game.And don't think I'm alone in that opinion either they screwed us bad.
First, I agree that the ref's were bad. But it wasn't intentional. They called a lot of penalties on both teams. They were consistent with what they were doing too. Which doesn't sound like much but as long as they're calling a game consistently and equally, I don't really have a problem.

And, in the case of the punt being called back, it actually benefited the Rams. Hypothetically of course considering Hill's boner, but the Rams were in a position to run out the clock and win it at the end, not giving SD a chance to get the ball back or with much time if they did.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can only hope that you're speaking out of frustration because that would be just as bad as what Washington just did a couple of years ago. No WAY do I even entertain those thoughts. This team isn't deep enough to absorb that kind of hit to it's next two drafts.

Are you really that convinced of...wait, I was going to say Winston but you say you'd do it for either Winston OR Mariota. Jeez, jrry32, you're suggesting Raiders-like desperation moves here.

It's the move the Giants made and they have two Super Bowl rings to show for it.

That's not as bad as what Washington did. They gave up one more first. This team can fill out its depth without those two picks.

We're close but until we get a QB, there will be no cigar. We're in QB purgatory right now. If we have to take a risk, so be it.

Yes, I'm that convinced of Winston's ability on the field.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Frankly, I'm down with anyone that can do the job and give us hope for the future. I am just so beyond losing. This team has too much talent to be 4-7.

Even without Quick, our WRs stepped up today. And I still believe that Tavon will get there. You're starting to see flashes. Route running still needs to improve but as I've said before, with small and young WRs...that tends to come in Year 3.

Stedman is starting to come on. You can see it with him.
I agree, we have a good team, and are trending up...we just need the icing on the cake.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

the inconsistancy in the officiating cost the Rams a win again. Why is it holding when a Rams player does it but not when a Rams opponent does it? The holding call on GRob was very ticky tacky if not total BS he pushed the guy down , yet the chargers OL is allowed to pull players down and its not holding.

The NFL needs to look into doing something different, as doing the same thing and ecpecting different results is the text book definition of insanity.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
What happened on that throw? I was watching 'Red Zone' on my phone (didn't have a stream of only the Rams game) and they flashed the screen off the second the play was over. Was it Hill's fault or was it a good defensive play/call?

moklerman

Warner-phile
It's the move the Giants made and they have two Super Bowl rings to show for it.

That's not as bad as what Washington did. They gave up one more first. This team can fill out its depth without those two picks.

We're close but until we get a QB, there will be no cigar. We're in QB purgatory right now. If we have to take a risk, so be it.

Yes, I'm that convinced of Winston's ability on the field.
I know you are with Winston but you said you'd do the same thing for Mariota. I think you have QB fever right now. Not to mention overestimating this team's depth and quality of starters.

I think there is a solid foundation with which to work but I don't think this team is a QB away and can mortgage what's left of their 2015 draft to roll the dice on a QB du jour. Yes, the Giants made it work but wouldn't you say that's a very big exception to the rule?

Like I said, if the right guy falls, take 'em. But no way should or can the Rams afford to spend two 1st's and a 2nd on a roll of the dice. Because that's the other thing, we have to look at the history of this regime in taking QB's too. Do they have much of a track record when it comes to identifying a college QB that will pan out in the pro's? It doesn't really seem like it to me. If Bill Polian or Ron Wolf was making the pick, okay maybe it's worth the risk. Fisher and Co.?

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
First, I agree that the ref's were bad. But it wasn't intentional. They called a lot of penalties on both teams. They were consistent with what they were doing too. Which doesn't sound like much but as long as they're calling a game consistently and equally, I don't really have a problem.

And, in the case of the punt being called back, it actually benefited the Rams. Hypothetically of course considering Hill's boner, but the Rams were in a position to run out the clock and win it at the end, not giving SD a chance to get the ball back or with much time if they did.
I don't agree with that SD didn't have 2 TD's called back,and the punt return would have gave us a 4point lead.

moklerman

Warner-phile
What happened on that throw? I was watching 'Red Zone' on my phone (didn't have a stream of only the Rams game) and they flashed the screen off the second the play was over. Was it Hill's fault or was it a good defensive play/call?
100% his fault. He stared down Britt the whole time. Britt ran a crosser from the left side to the right and had what Hill thought was man coverage. But a defender on the right side was sitting in a zone and just watched Hill's eyes and stepped in front of the pass for an easy pick.

Alan

Legend
Riverumbbq thinking it's the lack of conditioning:
The Rams D was on the field far to long, and this is because our O wasn't taking time off the clock. You could see after the Chargers had that long drive until JJ closed it out with the pick 6, then the ball went right back to SD and our D had no rest.
Jets: 26th in total offense - 7th in total defense
Vikings: 31st in total offense - 11th in total defense
Bills: 25th in total offense - 6th in total defense
Rams: 29th in total offense - 16th in total defense (probably ranked in the top five in the first half)

How do those other teams do it? How many first rounders/quality players do they have on their team? I'd love to take a look at how many points we give up in the second half compared to all the other teams. Too lazy of course but I can only see one possibility:

COACHING!

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Hill never saw him and it was a bad throw.

V3

Hall of Fame
Did they have a chance to win that game at the end? Yes. The refs didn't force Schotty to call that play or for Hill to throw an interception.

Bad calls from the refs are going to happen. Believe it or not, they happen to all teams. The Rams had many chances to win that game and they couldn't do it. Interceptions, bad (legit) penalties, bad play calls, poor execution, etc. all played a much bigger role than a couple of bad calls from the refs. I will not blame refs for losing a game when the Rams made so many mistakes on their own. Had the Rams not made those mistakes, they most likely would have won and it would have rendered those bad calls by the refs moot.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I don't agree with that SD didn't have 2 TD's called back,and the punt return would have gave us a 4point lead.
The ref's were calling it close on both teams and were consistent with how ticky-tack they were calling the game. The bad call cost the Rams on the punt return but you can't say that it cost them 4 points because the team got down to the same spot on the field and didn't score. And, IMO the way things worked out it was a lot better for the Rams if they took time off the clock before getting to the red zone anyway because SD was moving the ball at will on offense.

The Britt TD wasn't a bad call, was it? It was unfortunate for the Rams but there was illegal hands to the face on that play so it wasn't the ref's fault the guy committed the penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.