OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One FA Every NFL Team Should Sign

[www.msn.com]

AAmLt6k.img

LOS ANGELES RAMS: RONALD LEARY, OG (COWBOYS)
If the Rams want to get Todd Gurley going, Leary would be a perfect fit. He’s an elite run blocker and has been great for the Cowboys at left guard. He’s the type of player Gurley could put his head down and run behind, gaining good yardage consistently. Leary can also hold his own in pass protection, too.
This would be great IF we can get him!! A Vet elite LG!! How much do you think he would cost!? And should the Rams go after him, no matter the cost!?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And should the Rams go after him, no matter the cost!?

It would great signing you have to keep everything within the cap, but this is the type of guy I would pay well similar to what the Raiders did for Rodney Hudson.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
To not recognize GRob's six game streatch of very good play and not continue to develop on it is all on coaching.

And a "good morning" to you also Bonifay.

I think you may be early on discounting GRob at LT. Playing six games in a row without penalties, picking up blitz' and not giving up a sack is no mean feat in the NFL and proves to me GRob CAN play LT on a consistent level.

Let's wait and see what Kromer can do with this OL before we throw the baby out with the bathwater.
The only way I see the Rams releasing GRob is when he throws his sucker in the dirt & he will, when he is told he will have to compete to earn a starting position. There is no real reason to throw him out in the bathwater at this point in time for several reasons.

After Robinson & Saffold (who has over 45 NFL starts @ Left OT) the only other OL'er that has any time @ LT is Andrew Donnal who logged in 3 quarters. The other two UDFA's LT's Darrell Williams & Pace Murphy saw all their LT action in pre season.

The fact that McVay & Kromer will be forced to make huge attempts to find out what GRob is best at @ this point in time & where he could best fit & do well in. I would not ignore the fact that 2 new professional's have come in here & will be trying to fix a seriously problematic young LT.

The great discovery may still be out there & they could uncover something. Yes I am sure they will review the film on the positive stretch in 2015 when veteran baby sitter Garrett Reynolds was starting next to him. Think they might call LG Garrett Reynolds & ask him to come back for a trial work out?

GRob still makes the large 6-5 332 pound Rodger Saffold look dinky. Even @ the NFL level GRob is one rare serious great physical ironman specimen. Not sure why GRob did not come into camp last season at the Rams desired weight 322 pounds but was closer to 340 pounds. Its not been mentioned before here but who has been Aaron Kromer's starting LT the last two seasons? Cordy Glenn a 6-6 345 pounder! So can I lean to thinking that this may be something really positive:sneak:?

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only way I see the Rams releasing GRob is when he throws his sucker in the dirt & he will, when he is told he will have to compete to earn a starting position. There is no real reason to throw him out in the bathwater at this point in time for several reasons.

After Robinson & Saffold (who has over 45 NFL starts @ Left OT) the only other OL'er that has any time @ LT is Andrew Donnal who logged in 3 quarters. The other two UDFA's LT's Darrell Williams & Pace Murphy saw all their LT action in pre season.

The fact that McVay & Kromer will be forced to make huge attempts to find out what GRob is best at @ this point in time & where he could best fit & do well in. I would not ignore the fact that 2 new professional's have come in here & will be trying to fix a seriously problematic young LT.

The great discovery may still be out there & they could uncover something. Yes I am sure they will review the film on the positive stretch in 2015 when veteran baby sitter Garrett Reynolds was starting next to him. Think they might call LG Garrett Reynolds & ask him to come back for a trial work out?

GRob still makes the large 6-5 332 pound Rodger Saffold look dinky. Even @ the NFL level GRob is one rare serious great physical ironman specimen. Not sure why GRob did not come into camp last season at the Rams desired weight 322 pounds but was closer to 340 pounds. Its not been mentioned before here but who has been Aaron Kromer's starting LT the last two seasons? Cordy Glenn a 6-6 345 pounder! So can I lean to thinking that this may be something really positive:sneak:?

Bonifay, this kind of reads like you have a personal problem with Robinson. :whistle:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are you saying theres a Packer missing?

I think all five positions are wrong. IMO, the top OLs at each position are:
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: T.J. Lang
C: J.C. Tretter
RG: Kevin Zeitler
RT: Ricky Wagner

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Nice job @flv. Makes sense. I guess my only comment would be why wouldn't they want to keep him for 2017. He played very well imo, - 'course if it was his choice, that's another thing all together.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He's an above average LT (or was with the Steelers, at least). He doesn't really fit Kromer's template, but beggars can't be choosers.

He was kind of bad for the Jaguars, so that's something to be wary about.

He was coming off an ACL tear to be fair to him. Maybe he gets back to form now.

Yeah, Kromer's ideal template was my biggest concern. If he's willing to make it work, we should definitely pursue him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was coming off an ACL tear to be fair to him. Maybe he gets back to form now.

Yeah, Kromer's ideal template was my biggest concern. If he's willing to make it work, we should definitely pursue him.

Yea, I'm not sure Kromer will be interested. Beachum is a finesse player and not much of a run blocker. Kromer values power/physicality and run blocking pretty highly. We'll see.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Beachum would be an interesting signing. I'm betting the Jag's aren't going to really let him test the market. They'll resign him again soon I think he had a $5m bonus due soon.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OK, then the Cleveland 52 pick. Look, i'm just having some fun with BonifayRam, i'm not expecting it to go down, ... these player for player trades are pretty rare. I don't think my trade values are all that out of line, but I'll aways favor the Rams getting the better end of the stick. jmo.

With three teams switching to a 4/3 and one switching to a 3/4, there is certainly some potential for a trade.

Wow what did Reiff do to you?:)

Seems to me that working with what they have, along with drafting a LT in the upcoming draft sure appears to me to be the most likely scenario this team will be in come training camp. Aaron Kromer would need to get with Saffold/ Donnal/ Williams/ Murphy & advise all four they would prioritize all their off season work & effort on the specific single post of LT position. If they signed Rob Leary @ OLG then they might be able to get some performance out of that OLT post. It will not happen with GRob.

LT- Rodger Saffold/ Darrell Williams/ Pace Murphy/ Andrew Donnal/ {DRAFT}

No Havenstein?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Michael Kendricks would be a great pick up. Maybe Kendricks for Barron would work. If they picked up that contract they would need to balance it out by shedding some money.

Ragland is still on his rookie deal. If the cost isn't huge he would also be an interesting fit at mlb.

Josh Forrest suddenly doesn't seem to have a position, ditto for Littleton. Neither a rush OLB and neither seems like a thumper. I think they need a bigger guy in the middle next to Ogletree. To be honest I would trade Ogletree straight up for Kendrick if Kendrick didn't have a down year. Then trade Barron for Ragland if they knee checks out.

So Ragland and Kendricks would be in the middle. That would leave one OLB spot to fill. I know that Barry was raving about Ogletree but I don't put much stock in the fluff pieces this time of year. What new coach is going to be negative on a player or even complacent before he ever even works with him. No need to start off on the wrong foot.

I hope GRob can get right. Needing a OLT sucks. It can be a very difficult spot to fill. Check, ORT was a tough spot for the Rams to fill for years.

btw @Riverumbbq I wanted Frederick as the Rams Center in that draft too. I also wanted them to trade for Mack. Or sign Hudson. Fisher or Bou seem to undervalued a good center. A vet would have been a huge aid in bringing along the young Guards they drafted. Hudson and Mack transformed there respective new Olines in Oakland and Atlanta. Frederick could have been an anchor for the young OLine as well.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ditto Elm. I could imagine this OL instantly upgrading and all of them being better with a stud center. A Hudson or Mack would be huge for the rest of the OL.