Official Rams Coaching Staff 2.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As an old time Rams fan .. Loved the disco days of "We are family " !!!

Impressed by how the coaching staff was put together. Very well thought of & was like watching a couple weeks of drafts. The OC hiring shows The Rams willingness to be patient& get the people they really wanted on there staff.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This ZachTaylor was a QB coach with The Dolphins . Did he work with Olsen ?? He is now a assistant WR coach ??Talk about a under the radar hiring .
-- Jared Goff is going to have a lot of eyes on him & a wealth of knowledge to run off in his head.
Will also be very very interesting about Mannion future & upside. This years draft & FA pick ups could be intriguing as well. Rams QB issues will be solved .
-- I also find it interesting about a Ram fan from this site that posted his NFL experience in Houston last week.

I know Case Keenum is from Texas & was an obvious choice to be representing The Rams , but will he be resigning with The Rams ?? Snead traded a 7th to get him & he was 4-5 when Jared Goff took over. The Rams should have won a couple of those games as well & could have had a 5-4 record very easily.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
GREAT coaching staff, and thank you to members chiming in on the lesser known hires.

... So how do I get on staff?? :football:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Before stepping down , why not step up ?? Have you been to a Rams practice ?? Have you seen photos of The Rams
Practices over the years on There site &!on Ram internet boards ??

--- I am really impressed with the hiring of Andy Dickerson . As a long time Rams fan I've been impressed with this guys energy & involvement during practices. He almost always has a football in his hand , & gets into the practices.
I loved watching Bones Fassel during his special teams drills. He actual ran his own drills better than some of the players & is such high energy. As a head coach he was decked out in all kinds of different Rams gear. I think that was one of his perks of being H/C . He was like a fashion model for there site.

I also have to say this board(members) wanted Komer before The Rams even had a head coach . There was talk about him being the best Oline coach in the league & especially the best available O-line coach.'The problem about Komer is his beach chair thing. I'm guessing his son who was hired (Zack) was with him that day as well ?? Just a weird seen & to think how ticked off & crazy that day must have been ???
I like the fact The Rams hired his son as well. It makes for a family atmosphere .. Brandon Fisher went with Greg Williams & Williams son was on The Rams staff 5 years ago & ran the D" .
I think Demoff & Snead like this type of situation. The coaches put in long hours & close tight relationships are good.

Unfortunately being based in Wales, UK it's a little difficult for me to attend practices - but I am a long time fan who does take a keen interest in what happens in the offseason and have been a part of many online forums and was invited to this one way back in '12 by @-X- and I've settled here.

It's just that Kromer for some reason hasn't been on my radar as an elite o-line coach, looking at his team's stats it looks to be on the wrong side of the curve for me - but thats just me:

2016: Bills O-line Ranked 29th (Rams 31)
2015: Bills O-line Ranked 22nd (Rams 1st)
2014: Bears O-line Ranked 19th (Rams 24th)
2013: Bears O-line Ranked 4th (Rams 8th)
2012: Saints O-line Ranked 3rd (Rams 14th)
2011: Saints O-line Ranked 2nd (Rams 32nd)
2010: Saints O-line Ranked 5th (Rams 15th)
2009: Saints O-line Ranked 4th (Rams 28th)

I was after Mike Tice or Pollack of Dallas personally.

I remember that assault thing - I know it was dropped, but sorry, punching minors is unacceptable.

I'll leave him do his talking on the football field.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Unfortunately being based in Wales, UK it's a little difficult for me to attend practices - but I am a long time fan who does take a keen interest in what happens in the offseason and have been a part of many online forums and was invited to this one way back in '12 by @-X- and I've settled here.

It's just that Kromer for some reason hasn't been on my radar as an elite o-line coach, looking at his team's stats it looks to be on the wrong side of the curve for me - but thats just me:

I was after Mike Tice or Pollack of Dallas personally.

I remember that assault thing - I know it was dropped, but sorry, punching minors is unacceptable.

I'll leave him do his talking on the football field.

That 09-13 stretch was pretty good. And even so, I'm pretty sure these rankings are based on sacks allowed, yeah? In which you almost have to take the bills seasons with a grain of salt. They run the ball very well but have a QB that takes sacks trying to make plays with his feet, instead of just being a QB.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I'd really like to know the hell they came up with those rankings, particularly the Bills at being ranked 29th last year considering:

- #1 in rushing offense, 164.4 yards per game; and
- #1 in average per carry, 5.3 ypc

How in the hell does that translate to the 29th best OL in the league???

Are these PFF rankings? Either way, somebody is on crack, meth, or something, because the 29th ranking isn't even in the same zip code with the actual numbers the Bills put up, and those numbers are concrete, not based on some subjective ranking.

Edited to add: Bills were also #1 in rushing in 2015 (152 yards per game) and tied for #1 in yards per carry (4.8 ypc).

Those rankings are sh!t.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
BUILDING A WINNER
_"One Piece At a Time"
kouching_190_190.jpg

Los Angeles Rams
2017 COACHING STAFF

OFFENSE
sean-150x112.jpg

Head Coach
Sean McVay (redskins)

Quarterbacks Coach Greg Olson (jaguars)

Offensive Coordinator Matt LaFleur (falcons)

Offensive Line Coach Aaron Kromer (bills)

Wide Receivers Coach Eric Yarber (ucla)

Running Backs Coach Skip Peete (rams)

Tight Ends Coach Shane Waldron (redskins)

DEFENSE
Phillips%20JAX.jpg

Defensive Coordinator
Wade Phillips (broncos)

Defensive Assistant Chris Shula (chargers)

Linebackers Coach Joe Barry (redskins)

Defensive Line Coach Bill Johnson (saints)

Secondary Coaches-- Samson Brown (broncos)
--------------------------Aubrey Pleasant (redskins)
-----------------__---------Ejiro Evero (packers)

Special Teams
rssImages.php

Special Teams Coordinator John Fassel (rams)

Strength & Conditioning Coach ?
w3u-s8bqYGAD9vh90IomDG1iYiMn0HXE-QIfTZq8NeA7XvdP0VbJFTV3wb5hzKQSoXvEYA=s88

sub-level assistants continue to be added to help senior position coaches.
160_F_4916255_j69IEjyQYzLtid954oUXC4rfltKomaSM.jpg

_atbza.gif
Hadl to Jackson!?! What made you pick this^ Gif?(y):D LIKE!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I'd really like to know the hell they came up with those rankings, particularly the Bills at being ranked 29th last year considering:

Are these PFF rankings? Either way, somebody is on crack, meth, or something, because the 29th ranking isn't even in the same zip code with the actual numbers the Bills put up, and those numbers are concrete, not based on some subjective ranking.

Edited to add: Bills were also #1 in rushing in 2015 (152 yards per game) and tied for #1 in yards per carry (4.8 ypc).

Those rankings are sh!t.
Not sure on the rankings or the rating system but how was Buffalo in pass pro those years? Just throwing out questions but if those are pff ratings all bets are off.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

Those rankings are sh!t.
Not sure on the rankings or the rating system but how was Buffalo in pass pro those years? Just throwing out questions but if those are pff ratings all bets are off.

Almost positive they judge based on sacks allowed. Cuz look at 2015 where it says our O Line is #1. The only thing our o line was #1 at was sacks allowed last year. We had a good run game and pass pro but not the best in the league.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
That 09-13 stretch was pretty good. And even so, I'm pretty sure these rankings are based on sacks allowed, yeah? In which you almost have to take the bills seasons with a grain of salt. They run the ball very well but have a QB that takes sacks trying to make plays with his feet, instead of just being a QB.

Not sure what they're based on - from the NFL.com website. Like I said earlier, I have faith in Mcvay's judgement (as I did in Fisher :-( ) I want the coaching staff to earn my respect by results on the field, not in having good training sessions...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Looking at the rankings, I'm guessing it's just sacks given up, because it has the Rams at #1 for 2015, and there is no way in hell they were the #1 OL that year ... even though they gave up a very low number of sacks. As @JackDRams noted above, the Bills sack numbers are probably inflated due to QB's running around in the pocket and such.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Going to miss Rock Gullickson, hope Ted Rath has a long and productive future with the Rams.
Good luck Rock with the Vols'

http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/c...4c38-be98-59d3885c0ce5?qwr=fullsite_temporary

Ted Rath enters his first season with the Miami Dolphins after he was named assistant strength and conditioning coach on Jan. 25, 2016.

Rath spent seven seasons (2009-15) with the Detroit Lions as an assistant strength and conditioning coach. In 2011, the Lions won 11 games, the most the team had won in a single season since 1991.

In Detroit, Rath helped start the annual Detroit Lions Strength and Conditioning Clinic in 2011. The event is a forum for providing, sharing and exchanging information in the ever-changing world of strength and conditioning.

Prior to Detroit, Rath was an assistant director of strength and conditioning at his alma mater, Toledo, where he directed the strength and conditioning programs for all 15 of the school’s Olympic sports. He also assisted with all phases of football training, including design and implementation of their workouts. Rath spent time at Toledo as a graduate assistant in the strength and conditioning department, focusing on the strength programs for men’s basketball, baseball, track, cross country, golf and swimming.

He began his professional career at Crestwood High School (Dearborn Heights, Mich.) where he served as an assistant football coach and directed the school’s speed and strength training.

Rath played linebacker at Toledo from 2003-06 and helped the Rockets win the 2004 Mid-American Conference championship. He is certified through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (C.S.C.C.A.), has written articles for several industry publications and speaks regularly at conferences and football camps.

Rath married to his wife, Robin. The couple have two children, Brooklyn and Brady.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Going to miss Rock Gullickson, hope Ted Rath has a long and productive future with the Rams.
Good luck Rock with the Vols'

http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/c...4c38-be98-59d3885c0ce5?qwr=fullsite_temporary

Ted Rath enters his first season with the Miami Dolphins after he was named assistant strength and conditioning coach on Jan. 25, 2016.

Rath spent seven seasons (2009-15) with the Detroit Lions as an assistant strength and conditioning coach. In 2011, the Lions won 11 games, the most the team had won in a single season since 1991.

In Detroit, Rath helped start the annual Detroit Lions Strength and Conditioning Clinic in 2011. The event is a forum for providing, sharing and exchanging information in the ever-changing world of strength and conditioning.

Prior to Detroit, Rath was an assistant director of strength and conditioning at his alma mater, Toledo, where he directed the strength and conditioning programs for all 15 of the school’s Olympic sports. He also assisted with all phases of football training, including design and implementation of their workouts. Rath spent time at Toledo as a graduate assistant in the strength and conditioning department, focusing on the strength programs for men’s basketball, baseball, track, cross country, golf and swimming.

He began his professional career at Crestwood High School (Dearborn Heights, Mich.) where he served as an assistant football coach and directed the school’s speed and strength training.

Rath played linebacker at Toledo from 2003-06 and helped the Rockets win the 2004 Mid-American Conference championship. He is certified through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (C.S.C.C.A.), has written articles for several industry publications and speaks regularly at conferences and football camps.

Rath married to his wife, Robin. The couple have two children, Brooklyn and Brady.
Thanks for the info.
That's a solid resume.

I didn't know anything about him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only one that I am a little concerned about is Aaron Kromer - is he any good? I didn't think the Bills had a great O-line last year, or the year before...

Check out their rushing numbers:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2015.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2016.htm

They were the best in the NFL over the past two years, even better than Dallas. They did give up a lot of sacks, but that's because Tyrod Taylor holds onto the ball and runs around a lot.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lovely numbers - their RB isn't too shabby though ;)

McCoy had the lowest YPC average on the team among their top 4 rushers in 2015. Gillislee and Karlos Williams both averaged over 5.5 yards per carry. :)