O'dell Beckham Jr Threatened with Baseball Bat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Pregame, before the Giants- Panthers opening kickoff, during warmups, a Panther's player (Marcus Ball) approached O'dell Bechham Jr. with a baseball bat and threatened O'dell that the Panthers were going to end O'dell's career with a career ending injury. The backup DB Marcus Ball then handed the baseball bat to Josh Norman, and Norman twirled the baseball bat, as if to say, " I'm the designated hitter."

Deon Sanders is angry and complaining about it. Sanders goes on to say, that the Panthers were making gay slurs against O'dell Bechham Jr. for the way Jr. wears his hair.

Personally, I think the Billionaire NFL owners should twirl a charity roulette wheel, replete with domestic violence, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and concussion damage. And, then give the entirety of that NFL season's fines to a the charity that wins. Why fill greedy owners deep pockets with several extra millions they don't need, when you could give it to people with true tragedy confronting devastating catastrophizes.

I'm just saying, righteous lemonade should be squeezed from such sour lemons as these.

Edit. PowayRamFan informed me all fines are donated to charity. That's a good thing.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10/28/9628160/nfl-fines-explained-former-players-donate-charity

I want to say, I am not justifying O'dell Beckham Jr.'s bad behavior. I think O'dell should be suspended. Yet, I think it's obvious that something pregame was going on.

What would Kurt Warner do if threatened with a baseball bat? I imagine Kurt would ask Jesus to forgive Norman and then follow up tossing three touchdowns over Norman's helmet.

What would Tom Brady do?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...om-brady-owned-company-run-by-suspect-partner

Last edited:

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Panthers are cocky as hell. Mouthy, arrogant. Remember that chippy game against the Rams where they took out Sam? They were instigating shit all day long.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Panthers are one of my most hated teams right now. Ever since that game where Sam tore his ACL. The whole team acted like A-holes. Bringing baseball bats on the field should be a violation. Threatening someone with one should be a fine. I am not a fan of Beckhams actions either but this type of instigation is not football. It's thuggery. If I was the commissioner I would clamp down on the baseball bat thing immediately.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Pregame, before the Giants- Panthers opening kickoff, during warmups, a Panther's player (Marcus Ball) approached O'dell Bechham Jr. with a baseball bat and threatened O'dell that the Panthers were going to end O'dell's career with a career ending injury. The backup DB Marcus Ball then handed the baseball bat to Josh Norman, and Norman twirled the baseball bat, as if to say, " I'm the designated hitter."

Deon Sanders is angry and complaining about it. Sanders goes on to say, that the Panthers were making gay slurs against O'dell Bechham Jr. for the way Jr. wears his hair.

Personally, I think the Billionaire NFL owners should twirl a charity roulette wheel, replete with domestic violence, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and concussion damage. And, then give the entirety of that NFL season's fines to a the charity that wins. Why fill greedy owners deep pockets with several extra millions they don't need, when you could give it to people with true tragedy confronting devastating catastrophizes.

I'm just saying, righteous lemonade should be squeezed from such sour lemons as these.

Edit. PowayRamFan informed me all fines are donated to charity. That's a good thing.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10/28/9628160/nfl-fines-explained-former-players-donate-charity

I want to say, I am not justifying O'dell Beckham Jr.'s bad behavior. I think O'dell should be suspended. Yet, I think it's obvious that something pregame was going on.

What would Kurt Warner do if threatened with a baseball bat? I imagine Kurt would ask Jesus to forgive Norman and then follow up tossing three touchdowns over Norman's helmet.

What would Tom Brady do?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...om-brady-owned-company-run-by-suspect-partner

In reply to the bit about Brady and his shady dealings with that company, that reeks of under the table contract payments to Brady. The part about Guerero......well folks it sounds as if they just outed Brady's gay lover.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Beckham was totally wrong.
I cant believe he wasnt kicked out of the game, and for all of Coughlin's reputation as a disciplinarian, he should have benched him

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Odell, come out to plaaaayyyy

image.jpg

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
lol. so silly. did beckham think someone was coming onto field with a bat on national tv?

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Why all the hate for the panthers? Don't understand that. Bradford injury was 2 seasons ago and it was just 1 player who caused it.
They're amazing too watch and cam newton is simply box office and has a genuwine love for the game.
Great team, great offence great defence. im. Hoping they win the Super Bowl tbh.

jjab360

Legend
It's funny when something as inconsequential as a stupid joke can be interpreted as a scene straight out of the Warriors when painted correctly.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Panthers are one of my most hated teams right now. Ever since that game where Sam tore his ACL. The whole team acted like A-holes. Bringing baseball bats on the field should be a violation. Threatening someone with one should be a fine. I am not a fan of Beckhams actions either but this type of instigation is not football. It's thuggery. If I was the commissioner I would clamp down on the baseball bat thing immediately.

The Saints used to carry one held up over the players head as he led the team onto the field. Lay the wood was the idea behind it.

It's silly and it has a very negative connotation.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol. so silly. did beckham think someone was coming onto field with a bat on national tv?
Psychology would suggest that this is evidence that beckham has a fragile ego. Lashing out every time he doesn't get his way or is opposed I mean.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Panthers are cocky as hell. Mouthy, arrogant. Remember that chippy game against the Rams where they took out Sam? They were instigating crap all day long.
There is reason behind their actions, albeit poor reasons. Remember when they were unanimously voted the worst undefeated team of all time a few weeks ago? That kind of blatant disrespect to a talented team can provoke said behaviors. They kind of remind me of the bad boy Pistons. Got tired of being disrespected and let their hatred fuel their play. Not saying it's warranted but I can see it from their side of the fence.

ohiorams

Rookie
look, it doesnt matter. He'll appeal and theyll let him play.

even if he doesnt play, I'm still taking Giants next week

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Sorry but Beckham is still in the wrong. He's the one who speared Norman when he wasn't looking and tried to hurt him. Imagine if a Rams player did the things Beckham did. There would be suspensions of players and coaching staff not to mention a full investigation by the NFL because the Rams are "dirty." Beckham got owned by a guy who is more physical and he couldn't handle it. Norman handled Julio Jones who is much bigger than Beckham. He could have fueled himself to play a great game and let his play do the talking. Instead he lost control and acted like a child putting it nicely.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He was still wrong, but at least I know *why* he was acting that way now.
He shouldn't have let them in his head. He should have decided that he was going to shut them up with his play.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Saints used to carry one held up over the players head as he led the team onto the field. Lay the wood was the idea behind it.

It's silly and it has a very negative connotation.

And figuratively threatening players with it is very negative. I understand they weren't going to use it on Beckham but man that is just a bit overboard.