Now that WAS the definition of being out coached

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Every single formation we came out in tonight Eli audibled out of. Our blitzes or any pressure we sent tonight didn't even have a chance.

The backfield was trying to recover all night too. Terrible coverage mixed with terrible formations. Gaines when healthy was the only one that could be counted on.

WoodsideRam

Rookie
Every single formation we came out in tonight Eli audibled out of. Our blitzes or any pressure we sent tonight didn't even have a chance.

The backfield was trying to recover all night too. Terrible coverage mixed with terrible formations. Gaines when healthy was the only one that could be counted on.

Reminded me of what Rivers did to us in San Diego. He'd look over the D, then check into the right play.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I continue to have the impression that Gregg Williams is easily outcoached by good teams. Sure, his aggressiveness and blitzing will work sometimes but it's never going to work against winning teams. I'm very down on this whole coaching staff right now.

Tired of all the gimmicks, trickery, smoke & mirrors. I want them to start with good fundamentals, discipline and execution and then throw in that other stuff.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
You can't coach yourself out of having the worst interior Oline in NFL history. You have to stop playing washed up scrubs and invest in some players.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Idk what it was, but Manning had our number.

On another note, Hill was absolute fucking garbage today. Worst I've ever seen him play live or on TV. He had BQS after the first sign of pressure. Outside if the overall shit play, he missed 2 wide open easy TDs tonight.

It was pretty baffling to see the team that showed up tonight

moklerman

Warner-phile
You can't coach yourself out of having the worst interior Oline in NFL history. You have to stop playing washed up scrubs and invest in some players.
You can't just learn to identify those guys though, so what do they do? These are all their hand-picked guys.

iced

Thats also the differnce between having a stud at Wide receiver, and having complimentary ones..

Beckham made a fool of the Seattle secondary - that's a receiver that the rams need..notice he doesn't have to be 6'2 + either

Memphis Ram

Legend
Gregg Williams needs better cornerbacks. Or at least one lockdown type. And that guy isn't currently on the roster.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Thats also the differnce between having a stud at Wide receiver, and having complimentary ones..

Beckham made a fool of the Seattle secondary - that's a receiver that the rams need..notice he doesn't have to be 6'2 + either

Of course, Beckham isn't the only reason that Manning completed an unheard of 78% of his passes.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I think we were out coached, yes.
Sometimes you just got to hold your hands up and say "hey we got beat by the better team today"
Our secondary played poor, but you have go hand it OBJ, what a player

The main problems with this team are very obvious. We know what needs to be done to fix it and I'm sure fisher does also. I'm fairly confident they'll get sorted in the off season. We'll see

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
You have to remember that Eli has 2 super bowl rings and can play qb pretty well when he has the time! And he had the time today!

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Its funny that you say it was the definition of being out-coached, because I think the result was more because we got out-played. Better execution and the game never gets out of hand. Coaches didn't give up the early bomb to Randle, fumble the ensuing KO, miscommunicate on a TD, or tip a catchable pass for a pick. Those 4 plays turned the momentum. We played like mental midgets today after OBJ got in our heads. Then it got way out of hand

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Out coached and out classed! I seriously doubt if Fisher has what it takes what a disgrace.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
so what did Williams do to adjust the pressure his corners where under? NOTHING

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I think that this is on the coaches because they have had no plan on offense for most of the year. Unless you consider running the ball with a center and right guard that can't block, not to mention a center that can't hike the ball.
And then there's the defensive secondary that is full of wanna be linebackers that can't cover and can't even deliver the big hits except to their own players, and just want to run their mouths constantly.
Unless you think that the head coach shouldn't be in charge of the team and should just be a cheerleader for whatever they do on the field?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If this was year 1, I'd be blaming the players. But it's year 3. Most everyone on this team is here because the staff wanted them here. The HC has had time to change the culture. The OC has had time to teach his system and learn to call plays. DC I give a little slack. The only coach who is doing his job is the ST coach. We can't just say, "it's the players." It's both.