Nightmare

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I'm pretty sure there are signs that inform people not to feed the gators but not sure if they are at that resort. That hotel is the most expensive at Disney World. People often stand around sometimes near the water to watch the fireworks show going on at the Magic Kingdom.

they had a report on that this morning. there are no gator signs on the resort at all just no swimming. they said they would revisit that decision and fix it. smh

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
they had a report on that this morning. there are no gator signs on the resort at all just no swimming. they said they would revisit that decision and fix it. smh

You think Disney? Wow!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I know it's a little like people freaking out about living in California with earthquakes, or something. But, I can't imagine living in an area where alligators can just pop out and snag you.

Like land sharks, or something.

Not making light of this tragedy. Sick for this family. Prayers to them.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Just sad. I don't even want to read the report. I've heard enough already. I was pissed about the lady letting the toddler climb into the gorilla exhibit but I can't imagine these people really had any clue of the impending danger. To many people, no swimming does not equate to stay the freak away from the water. Really feel sorry for the parents in this case.
I feel for the parents as well.
From an article, most people from Florida know there are gators in just about any body of water.
This family is from Nebraska.
Being from So Cal, I wouldn't have thought twice about it either.
They were letting the toddler get his feet wet. BFD.
Completely agree that no swimming doesn't equate to possible gator attack.

Disney is on the hook for this one. I'm not a guy that condones litigation, but they have this one coming.

Absolutely horribly. I didn't want to read it last night either, it took a while before I finally did.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Disney is on the hook for this one. I'm not a guy that condones litigation, but they have this one coming.
Yeah - me either - not at all really. But I have to agree. Disney seems to have really screwed the pooch on this one and it cost someone their child. Hard to imagine them not getting the crap sued out of them.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Any of us who live hear know there are alligators all over the place. Even in many golf courses. There is a Serta (the mattress company) plant in West Palm Beach that I used to go to on business a couple of times a year. In the front of the building is a large pond, maybe a little under an acre, and it has a resident, roughly 5 feet long. Apartment complexes with bodies of water can end up with them popping up, they travel well especially in this case in Disney where canals and other bodies of water are connected. Minnesota may be called the land of 10,000 lakes but Florida has a system of bodies of water that is unlike anything. This is from an article about gators and how if there is water there could be an alligator .....

Alligators can be found in any body of water. Swamps, ponds, ditches, creeks, rivers, swimming pools, stormwater drains, ephemeral wetlands that are here today and gone tomorrow — all can have gators.

No "local" would have let anyone they love in that water, but not everyone at Disney is a local and the responsibility to alert people falls on the owner of the property, Disney. It would be pretty easy to put up signs around the water and to simply have a small reminder in each room.

If they can have a little card to ask you to reuse towels to conserve water they can have a sign to stay out of the water and conserve your life. And if I was an attorney and in court I'd remind the jury of that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There are an estimated 2 million alligators that live across all 67 Counties in the State of Florida. They inhabit ALL fresh water areas. They don't only travel by water... they migrate all over the place by walking on land too. I've seen them climb a 6ft chain link fence. They go wherever they want to.

Attacks on humans are not common.

Since 1948, 383 people in FL have suffered alligator bites, according to Florida FWC records. Twenty-three of those attacks were fatal. Last year, one person was killed by an alligator, and before that, the last recorded fatality was in 2007.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
the signs said no swimming but nothing about gators being in the water. pretty crazy that a resort with a bunch of lakes and stuff has no gator signs up. these people were from NE im sure they didn't even think about gators being on the resort. gators are everywhere down there Disney world has a permit to remove them when they want to.

Disney is built over old swampland and the resorts are spread out everywhere. The lagoons are connected via canals to larger bodies of water so gators are obviously in them. It would literally be impossible to keep alligators from getting in. I don't care where you live, staying out of the water at dusk/night is common sense. That is feeding time for gators and a 2 year old standing in a foot of water is a perfect target. Everyone knows Florida has millions of crocodiles and alligators, just like everyone knows that Nebraska has corn and tornadoes. Disney had dozens of signs that said "no swimming or playing in the water." That is all the warning anyone should need in Florida. I'm sorry, it's no one's fault but the parents could've easily prevented this. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There are an estimated 2 million alligators that live across all 67 Counties in the State of Florida. They inhabit ALL fresh water areas. They don't only travel by water... they migrate all over the place by walking on land too. I've seen them climb a 6ft chain link fence. They go wherever they want to.

Attacks on humans are not common.

Since 1948, 383 people in FL have suffered alligator bites, according to Florida FWC records. Twenty-three of those attacks were fatal. Last year, one person was killed by an alligator, and before that, the last recorded fatality was in 2007.

All very true, they can scoot when they are on land too, you can outrun one easily but they can get around from place to place pretty quickly.

The thing is they almost never attack on the ground, virtually always in the water. And IMO Disney should have a little reminder in the rooms to stay out of the water. It's an oversight on their part that they can rectify for about 20 cents a room.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
We have a solution for those critters here in Texas
image.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's crazy is that they still allow water skiing in the lagoon, and they used to allow swimming.

Here's a little nugget that I'm sure will be used in the law suit regarding the "no swimming signs":
"The lagoon was originally constructed for swimming and surfing. An artificial wave machine was installed to simulate real ocean waves, but surfing was discontinued after it was discovered that waves from the machine were causing beach erosion. Swimming was later prohibited over safety concerns, because of boat traffic in the lake and also bacteria in the water. Signs are posted along the beaches warning visitors"
http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2016/6/15/history_of_the_seven.html

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
There is no way in hell I would go through that frenzy of gators in that small boat. If one of them hits that boat at the right angle you are done for.
Me neither! A gator can tail whip a little bass boat like that and flip it easily. Crazy swamp people right there!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Any of us who live hear know there are alligators all over the place. Even in many golf courses. There is a Serta (the mattress company) plant in West Palm Beach that I used to go to on business a couple of times a year. In the front of the building is a large pond, maybe a little under an acre, and it has a resident, roughly 5 feet long. Apartment complexes with bodies of water can end up with them popping up, they travel well especially in this case in Disney where canals and other bodies of water are connected. Minnesota may be called the land of 10,000 lakes but Florida has a system of bodies of water that is unlike anything. This is from an article about gators and how if there is water there could be an alligator .....

Alligators can be found in any body of water. Swamps, ponds, ditches, creeks, rivers, swimming pools, stormwater drains, ephemeral wetlands that are here today and gone tomorrow — all can have gators.

No "local" would have let anyone they love in that water, but not everyone at Disney is a local and the responsibility to alert people falls on the owner of the property, Disney. It would be pretty easy to put up signs around the water and to simply have a small reminder in each room.

If they can have a little card to ask you to reuse towels to conserve water they can have a sign to stay out of the water and conserve your life. And if I was an attorney and in court I'd remind the jury of that.
Pretty simple thing to put in on the room TVs feed. I mean they are running Disney stuff 24/7.