Nightmare

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't want to live an area where there are gators, crocks or whatever. Dinosaurs. It is time to declare war on animals.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd like to know all the facts but I cant fathom having a 2 year old up at 9pm and would never think of letting her go in one of those lakes

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
IMO the police should be held accountable for taking too long to respond. Three hours until they entered that nightclub???

Sorry that's barely trying. It's terrible.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO the police should be held accountable for taking too long to respond. Three hours until they entered that nightclub???

Sorry that's barely trying. It's terrible.
I think the thread was about the gator taking the child but may as well be about Orlando in general.
Cant imagine a town/city having 3 tragic events like this in such a short few days

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think the thread was about the gator taking the child but may as well be about Orlando in general.
Cant imagine a town/city having 3 tragic events like this in such a short few days

Yeah it's been a bad week up there.

More info is coming out on the shooter. And his wife may be (rightfully so) in hot water.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Terrible for both the family and gator I hope they don't kill the gator (I realize they can be a pest down there) I just hope a life isn't lost BC of natural instinct.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Terrible for both the family and gator I hope they don't kill the gator (I realize they can be a pest down there) I just hope a life isn't lost BC of natural instinct.
Kill the gator?
Dude, they found 4 gators while searching for the boy and killed them all just to see if they had the boy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
crap dieter are you serious?

I'm astounded that was allowed to happen.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...two-year-old-child-disney-world-hotel-florida
"Wildlife officials captured and killed four alligators from the lake overnight but found no trace of the boy, authorities said at a dawn press conference.

“We’ve looked at those alligators but couldn’t find any evidence that they were involved,” said Nick Wiley, executive director of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission."
Now I'm not trying to diminish how awful this situation is, but after all the uproar about the Gorilla that was shot in Cincinnati this seems a little rough.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Read this last night.
Unbelievably sad.
Did the family not know there were gators there?

fearsomefour

Legend
Kill the gator?
Dude, they found 4 gators while searching for the boy and killed them all just to see if they had the boy.
Maybe the meat can used for something....good eatin I hear.
Don't know if there is a difference in the quality depending where they are.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Read this last night.
Unbelievably sad.
Did the family not know there were gators there?
Details are sketchy right now.
Apparently they show movies on the beach and the family was in attendance. The boy was standing in 1 foot of water with a parent and the alligator snatched him.
Just awful

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's just a case of people not knowing the hazards. They were at Disney World. Last thing on their mind was a gator coming out of nowhere and snatching their baby. Being from Nebraska, they probably know nothing about gators.

You pretty much have to kill a gator after it has human flesh. It will forever more consider humans a part of the food chain. That gator probably had been fed at some point by some tourists. Please never feed a gator! And killing several gators looking for the kid is no big deal down there. They really are like cockroaches. They will reproduce rapidly and need to be thinned out from time to time. I hate to see something killed and wasted but something tells me no one will want to eat one of these gators under the circumstances.

Disney used to have a water park at a campground on that lake. I've been swimming in it. I never thought about gators being there but I'm sure they were there. They want bother you when swimming with a bunch of people during the day. But at night, small children and especially dogs are on the menu because gators tend to be nocturnal and feed at night.

Tears me up to think about what these parents are going through right now. This is truly an unthinkable nightmare.

Last edited:

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
the signs said no swimming but nothing about gators being in the water. pretty crazy that a resort with a bunch of lakes and stuff has no gator signs up. these people were from NE im sure they didn't even think about gators being on the resort. gators are everywhere down there Disney world has a permit to remove them when they want to.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
the signs said no swimming but nothing about gators being in the water. pretty crazy that a resort with a bunch of lakes and stuff has no gator signs up. these people were from NE im sure they didn't even think about gators being on the resort. gators are everywhere down there Disney world has a permit to remove them when they want to.
I'm pretty sure there are signs that inform people not to feed the gators but not sure if they are at that resort. That hotel is the most expensive at Disney World. People often stand around sometimes near the water to watch the fireworks show going on at the Magic Kingdom.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Details are sketchy right now.
Apparently they show movies on the beach and the family was in attendance. The boy was standing in 1 foot of water with a parent and the alligator snatched him.
Just awful
Damn.
Gut wrenching.