Nick Foles not satisfied with early offensive struggles/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Nick Foles not satisfied with early offensive struggles
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...-not-satisfied-with-early-offensive-struggles

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- While St. Louis Rams quarterback Nick Foles is not panicking about the first-team offense's early preseason struggles, he's also not denying that it's important for things to improve before the real games begin on Sept. 13.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said earlier this week that he's not concerned with the offensive woes and also pointed out that the team is not doing much game-planning. And while that's true, both Fisher and Foles would like to get more done on Saturday night when they play the Indianapolis Colts at the Edward Jones Dome.

“During the preseason, you keep it vanilla, but at the same time you still want to execute," Foles said. "You still want to move the ball. You’re still playing football. Is the whole playbook in the game? No, but do we need to execute better? Absolutely. That’s on us. That’s on me. We have to execute better and that’s something that coming out here today was a point of emphasis and that’s each and every day.”

To this point, Foles has been on the field with the starting offense for six series. He started his preseason with a bang, completing his first two passes for 61 yards. Since, things have gone south in a hurry. Foles is 6 of 12 for 87 yards with no touchdowns and an interception that was returned for a touchdown last week against the Tennessee Titans. Those numbers are good for a passer rating of 39.2.

Indeed, it should be no surprise that it's taking Foles and the offense some time to get into a rhythm. That's expected with so many moving parts. The interception he threw offered a prime example. Foles took the blame for the pick and some of that was deserved as he appeared to lock onto wideout Kenny Britt. But Britt also didn't run much of a route and the two had to discuss what happened on the sideline after the play.

Those are the type of things that are OK to get out of the way now but the Rams would prefer to continue to eliminate as the season nears. Foles and the first-team offense are expected to play a little longer against the Colts, perhaps through the first half.

Foles would like to get some actual results in that time.

“I think offensively, we just need to move the ball, get some points on the board," Foles said. "I think going into this week, we just need to focus on the corrections, execution and really just getting into a rhythm. Football is a rhythm game, so getting out there, getting into a rhythm early and really just getting the ball into the end zone, putting some points on the board and just showing improvement. That’s why we come out here every day. Study the game film, come out here, fix the corrections and move forward and progress. Just want to keep progressing and get the ball moving.”

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
“I think offensively, we just need to move the ball, get some points on the board," Foles said. "I think going into this week, we just need to focus on the corrections, execution and really just getting into a rhythm. Football is a rhythm game, so getting out there, getting into a rhythm early and really just getting the ball into the end zone, putting some points on the board and just showing improvement. That’s why we come out here every day. Study the game film, come out here, fix the corrections and move forward and progress. Just want to keep progressing and get the ball moving.”
This is why we have to see a lot more of our #1's and projected #1's in these Last two pre-seasons games, IF we are going to get off to a " Fast Start in Game #1!"

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Fisher is intent on playing a vanilla offense throughout the pre-season. How does he expect the offense to hit the ground running when the season starts especially against a Sea D.

Speedr@m

Rookie
The Rams just need to play. I would play the starters well into the 3rd Q if not the entire Q