Nick Foles: At Times I Have to Pull the Trigger and Get the Ball Down Field

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again an area of Foles game that gets overlooked his ability to extend plays...Some have written that he has no mobility, but IMO, he's a very good athlete (former basketball player) and does have the ability to extend the play.

One of my knocks on Bradford is he did not have that ability to see the opportunity and run for several yards and then get down. One area that many Eagle fans posted about was that when the chips were down Nick Foles answered the bell and I for one am looking forward to him being the Ram field general for many years to come.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Again an area of Foles game that gets overlooked his ability to extend plays...Some have written that he has no mobility, but IMO, he's a very good athlete (former basketball player) and does have the ability to extend the play.

One of my knocks on Bradford is he did not have that ability to see the opportunity and run for several yards and then get down. One area that many Eagle fans posted about was that when the chips were down Nick Foles answered the bell and I for one am looking forward to him being the Ram field general for many years to come.
giphy.gif

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Foles doesn't have to connect on every deep ball. Connect on enough and throw it enough to stretch the defense. Quick and Britt can run those deep routes while Austin is crossing over the middle. Get him the ball in space and you will have a big play with that too. Other than that Foles needs to figure out the best way to hand off the ball to Mason and Gurley.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Foles doesn't have to connect on every deep ball. Connect on enough and throw it enough to stretch the defense. Quick and Britt can run those deep routes while Austin is crossing over the middle. Get him the ball in space and you will have a big play with that too. Other than that Foles needs to figure out the best way to hand off the ball to Mason and Gurley.

If you're going to bring up the middle of the field, don't forget Cook. I would love to see them stacking the line to stop Gurley while the Rams have a QB who can get the ball to Cook repeatedly with nothing but 195 pound defensive backs between him and the goal line. Sadistic, but fun.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If you're going to bring up the middle of the field, don't forget Cook. I would love to see them stacking the line to stop Gurley while the Rams have a QB who can get the ball to Cook repeatedly with nothing but 195 pound defensive backs between him and the goal line. Sadistic, but fun.

I forget about Cook. He's more of a WR at times. Definitely a big target over the middle for Foles. I keep hearing about WR being an area of need, but these guys do have some talent. Quick and Britt are big guys with speed. Austin is super quick. Bailey runs good routes with good hands. Cook is very athletic for his size. Even Kendricks can make plays. These guys just need to figure out what it takes to get it done.

nighttrain

Legend
I forget about Cook. He's more of a WR at times. Definitely a big target over the middle for Foles. I keep hearing about WR being an area of need, but these guys do have some talent. Quick and Britt are big guys with speed. Austin is super quick. Bailey runs good routes with good hands. Cook is very athletic for his size. Even Kendricks can make plays. These guys just need to figure out what it takes to get it done.
A better QB than what we saw lat year will fill the bill, Foles should be it.
train