NHL Playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
So I'm sitting at breakfast with my wife and she says "wonder what tix cost to the Stanley Cup games in Nashville" which is about a 5 hour drive from Little Rock.

Tix in nosebleeds were $1200

So, just for fun, I look at tix for game 1 in Pittsburgh - they're about $350.

Next, looked at airfare. Not too bad.....

I've got hotel points...free room at a Courtyard

My wife and I are going to the PPG Paints arena on Monday for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final!!!!!!

Woo Hoo

Let's go Pens!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Go, Penguins! I don't think I could stand seeing yet another team win the Stanley Cup for the first time before the Blues.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
My wife and I are going to the PPG Paints arena on Monday for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final!!!!!!

Woo Hoo

Let's go Pens!!

Dude -- THAT IS AWESOME!!! Have a great time, and I hope the Pens start the series with a win!

LET'S GO PENS!!!

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
IMG_1157.JPG
IMG_1160.JPG

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Oh man....hope you had a great time. Comfy lead turned into a nail-biter, and then Jake Guentzel roofs it glove-side!

1 down, 3 to go!

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Ramlock great pictures! That must have been a wild ride for you and the wife sitting in the stands! Your going back tomorrow night right? Now your committed as the ROD Penguins fans good luck charm! :LOL:(y);)

GO PENS :yay:

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
@Ramlock great pictures! That must have been a wild ride for you and the wife sitting in the stands! Your going back tomorrow night right? Now your committed as the ROD Penguins fans good luck charm! :LOL:(y);)

GO PENS :yay:

I joked to my wife that exact thing....might as well stay and go to Game 2!!!

What an experience.

The energy at the building before the game was wonderful....fans everywhere, all in black and gold.

Beer sellers in the plazas outside, NBC sports and NHL Network set ups too.

Catherine Tappen is a total babe!

We'd never been to Pittsburgh before, so we had to buy gear for ourselves, family and friends.

Then up to our seats that I bought on Ticketexchange. Great seats, low in the upper bowl in the attack zone end; right directly above the net where the Pens scored their goals in the 1st and 3rd.

71 is just a beast; Malkin is having an incredible playoff run. But his defensive play has been stellar as he always minds his responsibilities and is forever taking it away and starting the rush back up ice. You really see that in person.

What can you say about Crosby that hasn't already been said?

He's world class and one of the best all-time, period.

What's amazing is how they have integrated Sheary and Guentzel and Rowney and Wilson....all these kids. The Penguins look like they'll be good for years.

I think the lull in the 2nd period
was partially due to the youth and how deep down the roster that the Pens have had to go.

With that said, the leaders took back over in the 3rd. Phil Kessel is a competitive booger!

Guentzel's goal led to an eruption in the arena.

We flew back to Little Rock today so I'll be cheering from my couch on Wednesday but I won't miss it.

When the game ended, the PA played Mike Lange -

"Ladies and Gentlmen, Elvis has just left the building"

A sports bucket list item checked off and big thanks to Mrs. Ramlock!

Go Pens!

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I joked to my wife that exact thing....might as well stay and go to Game 2!!!

What an experience.

The energy at the building before the game was wonderful....fans everywhere, all in black and gold.

Beer sellers in the plazas outside, NBC sports and NHL Network set ups too.

Catherine Tappen is a total babe!

We'd never been to Pittsburgh before, so we had to buy gear for ourselves, family and friends.

Then up to our seats that I bought on Ticketexchange. Great seats, low in the upper bowl in the attack zone end; right directly above the net where the Pens scored their goals in the 1st and 3rd.

71 is just a beast; Malkin is having an incredible playoff run. But his defensive play has been stellar as he always minds his responsibilities and is forever taking it away and starting the rush back up ice. You really see that in person.

What can you say about Crosby that hasn't already been said?

He's world class and one of the best all-time, period.

What's amazing is how they have integrated Sheary and Guentzel and Rowney and Wilson....all these kids. The Penguins look like they'll be good for years.

I think the lull in the 2nd period
was partially due to the youth and how deep down the roster that the Pens have had to go.

With that said, the leaders took back over in the 3rd. Phil Kessel is a competitive booger!

Guentzel's goal led to an eruption in the arena.

We flew back to Little Rock today so I'll be cheering from my couch on Wednesday but I won't miss it.

When the game ended, the PA played Mike Lange -

"Ladies and Gentlmen, Elvis has just left the building"

Go Pens!

Sounds like an experience you'll never forget. Love your break down of the PENS. Yeah I caught the Mike Lange "Ladies and Gentlmen, Elvis has just left the building" that was great. Thanks again for posting the pictures it adds to your great game day experience.

Oh and Kathryn Tappen NBC she's aight...
IMG_1316.JPG

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

You should know this about me -

Have lived most of my life in Arkansas except 2 years in Los Angeles and 2 years in Tulsa. I'm 57.

My dad went to Arkansas Tech and was acquainted with a Ram that also went to Arkansas Tech.

Why I'm a Ram fan.....that Rams player sent me an autographed ball from the 69 Rams.

Why I'm a Penguins fan....while I'm from the South, my maternal grandfather played goaltender for the University of Minnesota in the 1930's.

I saw a minor league game in Oklahoma City in 1991; first hockey game.

Second hockey game, also at Oklahoma City. I buy a program. I bought the lucky program. First intermission, I am called to the ice because of the lucky program.

I shoot the puck through an opening 3.5 inches by 1.5 inches and won a brand new Dodge truck from the red line, 90 feet away.

This was 1996.

The most entertaining team at that time in the NHL was Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr and the Penguins.

Mrs. Ramlock, our son and I adopted the Pens and they have been our team for 20 years.

Doobie, doobie doo.....beware of the Penguins

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You should know this about me -

Have lived most of my life in Arkansas except 2 years in Los Angeles and 2 years in Tulsa. I'm 57.

My dad went to Arkansas Tech and was acquainted with a Ram that also went to Arkansas Tech.

Why I'm a Ram fan.....that Rams player sent me an autographed ball from the 69 Rams.

Why I'm a Penguins fan....while I'm from the South, my maternal grandfather played goaltender for the University of Minnesota in the 1930's.

I saw a minor league game in Oklahoma City in 1991; first hockey game.

Second hockey game, also at Oklahoma City. I buy a program. I bought the lucky program. First intermission, I am called to the ice because of the lucky program.

I shoot the puck through an opening 3.5 inches by 1.5 inches and won a brand new Dodge truck from the red line, 90 feet away.

This was 1996.

The most entertaining team at that time in the NHL was Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr and the Penguins.

Mrs. Ramlock, our son and I adopted the Pens and they have been our team for 20 years.

Doobie, doobie doo.....beware of the Penguins

Wow, you made that shot? I have seen that shot missed so many times. I live in PA. As a youngster I was a Bruins fan but I was not a serious hockey lover. It faded thru high school. Then one of my college roommates 're introduced me to hockey and at the time Mario was , and still is, the greatest hockey player of all time. Watching him play was amazing. I was instantly hooked. I have never seen a guy, before or after, take over a game like he could all by himself.

We used to watch every game. We got the Pittsburgh station in State College. We started driving to games. We preferred to go to Pitt, but also went to Philly and Hartford. Hartford had an awesome arena. The drive was too long for my liking though.

Now at 50, with young kids, those days are behind me. I hope to get my son to a Pittsburgh game one day. For now we drive to Scranton and watch the Penguins top minor league affiliate. It is a great atmosphere. They are always good and we get to know the prospects. It makes it fun to see the guys we rooted for on the Pens now....Dumpling, Downey, Sheary etc..

My college roommate made the trip from Johnsonville Tenn. to game five of TSC last year, expecting the Pens to close it out with a win. He paid 500 a ticket for he and his woman. He was offered $1800 for the pair at the game. He turned it down and watched them lose, but he still had a great time.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Watching from home.....would love to see a few goals for the Pens

Got my gear and so does Mrs. Ramlock

2nd period

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
When we were leaving Game 1, the Pens fans chanted "we want the Cup"

I bet they were tonight too.

How about Guentzel? Looks like he's about 14.

2-0

Beware of the Penguins

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
WOW! Pens found that extra gear in the 3rd period, and chased Rinne.

Jake Guentzel has to be in the Conn Smythe conversation now, at 12 goals (and counting) this postseason.

Now go steal one in Nashville.

GO PENS!!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They went back k to what works best for them. Get out of their zone fast with long passes or quick turnovers and come in hard and fast and shoot for rebounds. Hagelin is not %100. He was one of the main speedsters in that formula. Letang had disk surgery and is out. He was the other. Their game has not been the same without that element. It's great to see others step up in that role.

It's also good to see Hornquist back. He is a big part of the offense. He has a knack for hanging on the doorstep and creating interference. He is a smart player and demands attention from the opponent.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
It's also good to see Hornquist back. He is a big part of the offense. He has a knack for hanging on the doorstep and creating interference. He is a smart player and demands attention from the opponent.

And he's knocking on the door....had a nice wrap-around chance in the 1st period; if only he could've elevated that puck. Then, there was his goal in the 3rd that was disallowed (to be fair, Cullen WAS offside so it was the right call). But he's going to continue to be the net-front presence they sorely missed in his absence.

He'll get on the score sheet soon.