NFL Films breakdown of 94 yards Goff to Woods

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Great breakdown of the play that turned the momentum and led to the big win. Two weeks in a row Jared has unleashed a bomb. This game about 52 yards in the air, perfect throw hit Woods in stride. Last week 62 yards in the air perfect throw hit Watkins in stride. Both beautiful spirals.

bluecoconuts

Legend
That was really cool, sounds like they had Goff wired this week, hope we can see more of that footage. Honestly I'd love to see 30+ minute shows of various points of the game with them wired up.

I also like how they explain the blocking technique used by Hav, he seemed to be unsure if the refs would call it, is that because it's technically a hold or because it looks like it could be one?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
You "backdoored" him? Be careful with your phrasing big guy... :whistle:

I'm not sure if that's a hold or not because it's kind of quick but if that was against Quinn I'm calling hold every time.
Screenshot_20171116-020232.png

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Great breakdown of the play that turned the momentum and led to the big win. Two weeks in a row Jared has unleashed a bomb. This game about 52 yards in the air, perfect throw hit Woods in stride. Last week 62 yards in the air perfect throw hit Watkins in stride. Both beautiful spirals.

I love these breakdowns, and I love seeing big gains through the air from a Rams QB too - I love watching this team!

I'm not sure if that's a hold or not because it's kind of quick but if that was against Quinn I'm calling hold every time.View attachment 22792

Yep, Havenstein back-dooring Clowney is gonna give me nightmares!

with regards to the move, I'm not 100% sure what the law is but it doesn't look like he physically 'held' him to me, looks like he puts his arm round him and spins him, just gives Goff a second.

EDIT: I just have to point out though that Clowney was a beast, and was basically stifling anything the Rams were doing in the first half, what an athlete!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was really cool, sounds like they had Goff wired this week, hope we can see more of that footage. Honestly I'd love to see 30+ minute shows of various points of the game with them wired up.

I also like how they explain the blocking technique used by Hav, he seemed to be unsure if the refs would call it, is that because it's technically a hold or because it looks like it could be one?
The way I understand it is they could have called it but don't usually call it. It was explained as a way to steer the guy off his path as he's beating you or to slow him up a little bit. If you maintain the hold longer they'll call it but if you do it quick like it seems Hav did and release you'll get away with it. That's how another amateur explained it to me :)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Great Question! We'll see if the Refs Call it on Hav. against the Vikings!! I wonder if Whitworth taught him the move or What!?!

I just want the Rams to stay average at 32.9 points per game! Well, maybe they can hit another 40/50 Burger once or twice!!

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
We’ve seen similar not called against us forever. Especially to Donald and Quinn.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I'm not sure if that's a hold or not because it's kind of quick but if that was against Quinn I'm calling hold every time.View attachment 22792

The holds against Quinn we are used to are usually so much more obvious and blatant. Clowney should talk to RQ to find out what it's like to really get held and not have it called ... repeatedly.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Clowney is ridiculous. He was screaming holding loud enough I could hear it on the telecast. The whines again in post game interview. Get over it bud because 1 it wasn't holding and 2 your oline was holding all day long like it was legal

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clowney is ridiculous. He was screaming holding loud enough I could hear it on the telecast. The whines again in post game interview. Get over it bud because 1 it wasn't holding and 2 your oline was holding all day long like it was legal

It was a hold, but his OL was doing worse than that to Donald.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I think I gotta go with @OldSchool on this one. He didn't so much slow down or impede Clowney as Havenstein used Clowney as leverage to get between Clowney and Goff.

You generally see holding penalties, where a guy is actually impeded, be it by a hold or takedown.

That didn't happen here. I think it was a good call. Not even a good no-call, but a good call.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Get used to it Clowney. Your Rams counterpart, Robert Quinn, is the most held DE-OLB that officials turn a blind eye to in the last 4 years.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

after the last two weeks buffalo be like, "robert woods can do that? what the hell were we making him do?"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

When the camera tracked the ball and panned to Woods catching and running I was kinda waiting for Fouts to say "there's a flag on the play".

It's the same thing DB's do sometimes. Especially those hailing from SEA.

I'm not sure if that's a hold or not because it's kind of quick but if that was against Quinn I'm calling hold every time.

LOL it's a hold, if the ref sees it the flag gets thrown.

EDIT: I just have to point out though that Clowney was a beast, and was basically stifling anything the Rams were doing in the first half, what an athlete!

He's smart too, he was throwing different things and the OL, not making himself a one trick pony. On this play he would have gotten to Goff for at least a hard hit if not a safety.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
When the camera tracked the ball and panned to Woods catching and running I was kinda waiting for Fouts to say "there's a flag on the play".

It's the same thing DB's do sometimes. Especially those hailing from SEA.

LOL it's a hold, if the ref sees it the flag gets thrown.

He's smart too, he was throwing different things and the OL, not making himself a one trick pony. On this play he would have gotten to Goff for at least a hard hit if not a safety.
Lol, as some would say, if you're not cheating you're not trying

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I gotta go with @OldSchool on this one. He didn't so much slow down or impede Clowney as Havenstein used Clowney as leverage to get between Clowney and Goff.

You generally see holding penalties, where a guy is actually impeded, be it by a hold or takedown.

That didn't happen here. I think it was a good call. Not even a good no-call, but a good call.

He grabbed him around the waist, slowed him down, and used it to put himself between Clowney and the QB. It's definitely a hold, just not a blatant one.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Yeah it was a hold, Houston sideline yelled holding, but yeah we used to get called for that when we sucked plus no calls on our held D-lineman so I'm not complaining to the office on it. We just got away with one but it doesn't take away anything from that awesome throw and route + catch. I was looking for the flag icon and happy there was none.