NFL draft prospect WR Laquon Treadwell draws Kenny Britt comparison

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@-X- I am not the only one that saw a similarity

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...aquon-treadwell-draws-kenny-britt-comparison/

The Los Angeles Rams are very, very unlikely to be the team to draft wide receiver Laquon Treadwell (there’s literally almost no chance). With that said, one NFL team will be landing Treadwell in the first round more than likely, and he’s apparently a player who resembles one current Rams wide receiver.

In a recent breakdown of why Treadwell is not a top prospect in the 2016 NFL draft, Sam Monson of Pro Football Focus gave a comparison directly to Kenny Britt. There’s a lot of great info in the story, but here’s the part about comparing Treadwell to Britt:

His issue though is that he won’t separate regularly, and doesn’t actually take advantage of his ability to win contested catches as much as he should do. Treadwell reminds some of Dez Bryant or Michael Irvin, but to me he looks far more like Kenny Britt. Britt has had success at times in the NFL and was a first-round pick himself, so that’s not necessarily a disaster. He was taken with the 30th selection of the draft, in part because of exactly the same concerns over being able to separate. In my opinion, Treadwell is far closer to that area of the draft than a top-five pick.

It’s an interesting breakdown, and over his first two seasons with the Rams, Britt hasn’t been bad. He’s played in 16 games during both seasons, totaling 84 catches for 1,429 yards and six touchdowns. He’s also seen at least 72 targets in each of the past two seasons, and actually led the team in yards both years as well.

Even with all that said, his numbers aren’t what you’d expect from a player who was once a first-round pick. This obviously is why Monson explains that he doesn’t believe Treadwell should land in the top portion of the draft.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What? Britt is athletic as hell but doesn't do the little things consistently well. Treadwell is the opposite.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I saw a Treadwell to Mushin Muhamed comparison on another forum and I thought that sounded like a pretty good comparison.